(BOOK SPOILERS) Predictions

furiousmoose0

Can't wait for Emilia's awesome facial expressions next episode!

Thank you for this :lmao:

Also, I'll be laughing all week if, after all the build up we have done amongst ourselves in this forum, LS is cut. The funny thing is, I thought the LS thing was "eh", when reading the books, but now I want her in the show to get things going and not watch the Dornish have sexy time all day in Season 5 :P

So why didn't we see gift of mercy in that recap?

I was confused by that too. It felt like they were limiting its time or something (there was a lot to cover). God knows why we needed Donnel Waynwood again though.

Also, in this way it's better that Stannis is in episode 10, not episode 9.

Because they would have been CONTRACTUALLY obligated to show his name in the credits for episode 9, and would have had to shown the recap thing. and many people knew it was a Wall-only episode.

As much as people here have diffficulty putting themselves in the shoes of Unsullied, this still leaves a LOT of doubt about exactly Stannis is going to do this episode. An episode that has pretty much all the characters and locations.

GUARANTEE YOU if you guys come out of the shell here and read reviews and fan responses after the finale, a LOT of people will not have known what Stannis was going to do. In fact, the vast majority.

if anything the recap is hinting that maybe we will see stoneheart through brienne's eyes afterall.

I certainly do hope you're right

What did he say ?

That the Lime guy saying he's watched the episode and that there were no LS might be legit.

Why do you say that the pledge was there from Brienne to Catelyn.

When do you think she will appear on the show because its obvious it will happen ?

It's important to remind people that Brienne is searching for Arya in the Vale so it'll make sense when she and Pod will cross paths with Arya and the Hound. I don't think a simple mention of Cat implies anything about Stoneheart. She may yet appear, but she could just as easily not (in this episode at least).

Put this together with all the other evidence (or the lack there of) and it's not looking promising. If D&D are seriously including her in the finale, they've gone out of their way to troll us book readers.

So why didn't we see gift of mercy in that recap? :bang:

I laughed at the Stannis bit. Stupid HBO telegraphing the big twist.

So.......you want them to show things to hint at what's coming, but in the next sentence you're mad about the Stannis thing.

Stop making the Stannis thing stand out on it's own. Why aren't you mad that they hinted that Arya was going to use her coin? Or that the dragons were going to act up? Or that Brienne was going to maybe find Arya?????

You have to stop coming at this stuff with your own biases as a book reader.

Thank you. I can't help but feel this is targeted at me, since nobody else pointed those out in the same post.

Actually no, but I know you can take a joke, and are pretty good at making them about people. :D

So why didn't we see gift of mercy in that recap? :bang:

They never actually called it "the gift of mercy" in the episode or anything like that, so I'm not sure there'd be much to be gained from recapping that moment. The Hound asking Arya to kill him and Arya refusing is wholly comprehensible on its own terms.

Could they show LS offscreen? So that Brienne sees her and says something like "That's impossible" or just screams "sword!". So in a way, she appears but doesn't psychially appear.

It would leave nonbook readers guessing at who she saw and leave book readers satisifed to know LS is not cut...

Archived