Who will be the two opposing "teams" at the end?

Ice will be one team and Fire will be the Other. Rh'llor and the Great Other, with their champions, Azor Ahai and the Dark Eye (?).

Daenerys, the Dragons, R'hllor priests and many more will be with the side of fire, Bran and the White Walkers will be on the side of Ice. I am pretty positive that Stannis will be living and also ruling the Iron Throne (which will not be worth a lot in the end) and Jon will be somewhere in the middle of the two sides.

Ice will not be "the bad guys" however, and fire will not be "the good guys.

Aw c'mon, I'm over here in the U.S and I love Football. As a matter of fact I just finished watching the Germans destroy Portugal.

Hat trick for my man Mueller!!!!!

Sorry! And I wish the best for your team. Though Germany vs USA - may the better win!

Team Dany- LF, the Vale, Slavers bay, The Ironborn, the Tyrells, Barristan, the Riverlands

Team Cersei- The Westerlands, City watch, the Boltons, the Freys,

Team Stannis/Shireen/Jon- Queen's men, Wildlings, the North, the NW

Team Aegon- Dorne, GC, the Stormlands, Varys, The Faith,

The Reach will have split allegiance all over the place. This is essentially how I see Westeros set-up for when the Dance2.0 happens

Team Joiner vs Team Individualist. Team Joiner will root out Team Individualist and we will have a lot of interesting characters killed or quelled. Nothing like a sub-human, invading force to make people put aside their differences and become intolerant towards internal dissent.

Team Jon (PtwP) - Remaining loyal Watch, Mance and Wildlings, Rickon and Northern Lords, Shireen and remainder of Stannis Bannermen, Wight Walkers and their dead armies, Asha and loyal Ironmen, Sansa and the Vale (possibly Faceless Man support from Bravos)

V

Team Dany (Azor Azai) - Drogon, Unsullied, Various freedmen and Dothraki, Dorne, Reach, Riverlands, Westerlands, Tyrion, Euron and the Iron Fleet

Who march's on who I don't know. Probably Dany seeking Rickon (KitN) to bend the knee.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and propose that The Others will team up with Jon Snow to battle the ultimate villain who is poised to destroy the world - Daenerys Targaryen/R'hllor. :) I think the White Walkers/Others awoke because of the threat posed to the world by Dany and her dragons (think The Doom of Valyria, but on a global scale). I wouldn't put it past GRRM to shock us by turning the plot around and making Dany the true villain/threat to the world. I mean, most of us love her and care about her as a character, but GRRM is tricksy and has messed with my head so many times I'm almost expecting it now. LOL!

We don't know what caused the Doom of Valyria, but it's hinted that the cataclysm involved fire-magic and possibly even necromancy (since it's said that the ruins are overrun with demons). Dany has dabbled in necromancy and fire magic either directly or inadvertently and has an apparent immunity to heat and fire. GRRM has hinted that fire (and perhaps by extension dragons and people with the blood of Old Valyria) is a power that has the potential to destroy the world.

I mean, when you look at Melisandre and everything she's done in the name of R'hllor/fire, it's been pretty damn evil - demon/shadow babies that murder people, human sacrifices, burning people alive, child sacrifice, etc., so if her god requires these atrocities and evil acts, what is the true nature of this god of "light"/fire named R'hllor? Sure, we've seen The Others kill people and do terrible things - but if The Others are the "terrors" of the night that Melisandre speaks of, and her god is an evil demon-spawning fire-god that requires human sacrifice, then that god really makes the White Walkers look, well, good in comparison. Seeing how Dany also appears to be on the side of "fire," I think that eventually Melisandre and Dany will team up.

I don't think the White Walkers/Others are evil, and their portrayal as such might be a red herring. I think they could actually a force for good who are trying to save the world from a cataclysm similar to The Doom of Valyria, and they perhaps SEEM ruthless because the fate of the world is at stake. What will stifle the power of fire? Coldness and water/ice. If you look at the pattern the White Walkers made out of the Wildling corpses in the pilot episode, it looks similar to Drogo's funeral pyre (a circle with a line through it). They let Gared go after killing Will and Ser Royce - why? Perhaps they believe he would understand the message they left in the snow (he was the only one to see the pattern of corpses and the only one they let survive) believing he'd understand and warn other people about it (but instead it just drove him mad - oops). I don't think the corpse patterns we're seeing in the TV series are random - the last corpse pattern was a spiral with 7 arms (7 kingdoms, 7 gods - it means something, hopefully we'll see the corresponding "answer" to this puzzle in future seasons).

Sorry, I could go on about my insane little theories (GRRM has messed with my head enough where I'm expecting him to mess with it some more by turning Dany into the real threat. LOL!). I mean, I could totally see him putting Littlefinger on the Iron Throne, since Littlefinger seems to be the puppetmaster of major events. Anyway - I think it's going to be the Starks/Others/Wildlings/the North vs. The Targs/dragons/Melisandre/R'hllor/brainwashed followers of the Dany cult - and while they all fight it out, Littlefinger is going to take the Iron Throne for himself. LOL! :)

It will be the Others vs Mel Windu, Bennero Kenobi & anyone else lucky enough to be alive

Mel Windu and Bennero Kenobi will teach those lucky bastards the ways of the Lord of Light Force. This will inbued the survivors with the Light Force to help save the world.

This is ASoIaF, not Star Wars! I like it though. The Great Other tells Mel "Mel, I am your father"

Why do there have to be two ultimate teams? Didn't the War of 5 Kings have at least five different factions?

But just to humour:

Bran and Jamie. Only Bran will be the one controlling the Others through this power Bloodraven is teaching him (because it turns out the CotF are using the Others as a way to invade Westeros and claim their land back from the First Men), and Jamie will be Azor Azhai reborn who is supposed to fight the Others. Then we'll realize that Jamie pushing him out of the tower in the beginning was the first clash between good and evil - Jamie being the "good" and Bran being the "evil".

Awesome theories like this are the reason I come to these forums.

Why do there have to be two ultimate teams? Didn't the War of 5 Kings have at least five different factions?

But just to humour:

Bran and Jamie. Only Bran will be the one controlling the Others through this power Bloodraven is teaching him (because it turns out the CotF are using the Others as a way to invade Westeros and claim their land back from the First Men), and Jamie will be Azor Azhai reborn who is supposed to fight the Others. Then we'll realize that Jamie pushing him out of the tower in the beginning was the first clash between good and evil - Jamie being the "good" and Bran being the "evil".

That would actually be quite the interesting turn of events, finally proving George RR Martin's point of that even good guys can be total assholes

But just to humour:

This plus Jaime kills Cersei in the process to forge Lightbringer.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and propose that The Others will team up with Jon Snow to battle the ultimate villain who is poised to destroy the world - Daenerys Targaryen/R'hllor. :) I think the White Walkers/Others awoke because of the threat posed to the world by Dany and her dragons (think The Doom of Valyria, but on a global scale). I wouldn't put it past GRRM to shock us by turning the plot around and making Dany the true villain/threat to the world. I mean, most of us love her and care about her as a character, but GRRM is tricksy and has messed with my head so many times I'm almost expecting it now. LOL!

Really now?

I'd be very surprised if, at the end, GRRM switches from plots within plots and huge grey areas to a clearly delineated (and clichéd) black and white.

There are some big players on a supernatural level; R'Hllor, The Great Other, TPTWP, AA, etc. And don't forget The Children...diminished they may be, they were around before The First Men and are responsible for the greatest magic ever seen in Westeros.

Then there are sub plots involving the human characters...the politics, the wars, the intrigues.

On the smaller (human) scale, there will be twists and turns, last minute changes in allegiances, assassinations, possibly utter destruction of some houses. Nothing there will be black and white.

On the larger scale, the big showdown between R'Hllor and TGO that is hinted at may not happen free of interference from the Old Gods or the Many Faced God.

I for one can't wait :)

Archived