Archipelacon - GRRM is GoH

Maltaran

I hope I haven't confused anyone earlier about the departure of ferries from Stockholm. Most ferries (Viking Line and Birka cruises) depart from Stadsgårdskajen (subway to Slussen and then bus to Londonviadukten) whereas the con ferry (Silja Line) departs from Värtahamnen (subway to Gärdet and then a short walk).

I'll be arriving at Arlanda at around 12.30 tomorrow. I guess I'll be somewhere relatively central a couple of hours after that. Who's around at that time?

I'll be around. I think Phil was wanting to see round the Vasa museum so maybe we can meet up before doing that.

I know you're staying at the same hotel, I can report the Ersta hotel seems nice, has good view over Stockholm. I walked past the ferry terminal earlier, it took me 6 minutes to get back to the hotel from there, so it isn't even a 10 minute walk.

Weather in Stockholm has been nice and sunny, not sure how long that will last.

I hope I haven't confused anyone earlier about the departure of ferries from Stockholm. Most ferries (Viking Line and Birka cruises) depart from Stadsgårdskajen (subway to Slussen and then bus to Londonviadukten) whereas the con ferry (Silja Line) departs from Värtahamnen (subway to Gärdet and then a short walk).

That right now is gobblygook (I'm sure it would make more sence if I looked on a Map) to me. but google maps gave me directions from the hotel to the ferry terminal and its really really close (whY I booked it.

I'll be arriving at Arlanda at around 12.30 tomorrow. I guess I'll be somewhere relatively central a couple of hours after that. Who's around at that time?

I'll be landing at 11:35am at Skavasta If thats the same airport, then I don't mind hanging arround. since we are sharing the same hotel.

I'll be landing at 11:35am at Skavasta If thats the same airport, then I don't mind hanging arround. since we are sharing the same hotel.

It's not the same airport. I think Arlanda is the main Stockholm airport, Skavsta is a typical Ryanair airport, i.e. nowhere near the city it is named after.

I'm arriving at 12:15 at Arlanda on the 22nd. I have lost track of dates/times so I don't know what "tomorrow" is for people here, but I already contacted TMG so hopefully I'll at least be meeting people at the pub.

We went to the Brewdog bar tonight and can report that it is a cool place with awesome toilets that have to be experienced to believe.

None of us found the place easily, the sign out front is small and easy to miss. It's a small square blue and white sign. I think it's maybe a bit closer towards the river than it looks on the map.

Plan for Tuesday:

10 am - Museum of Medieval Stockholm (I think it's just me and williamjm for this one)

lunchtime - most people coming in today seem to be arriving around this time so we will find a suitable place where we can all meet up for lunch

3 pm - Vasa Museum

dinner - again we'll let you know where we are eating

evening - Brewdog Bar

Hello, I'm at Helsinki airport, anybody who's on the 19:25 flight to Mariehamn is welcome to join me [emoji4]. Currently at the coffeeshop next to gate 13a.

Looks like the weather is going to be amazing all week, quite the timing considering it's been very random and cold until now!

Williamjm: Targh had a plan to go to the local brewery today, maby you guys want to join him?

I can really recommend a trip there (Stallhagen) it's a beautiful place and the food and beer is great!

How many are you guys? If you are interested I might be able to give you a ride there (if I can escape my duties at home long enough...)

Well there are 4 of us here at the Cabins right now (But I know I won't be going to the brewery) and possibly the 2 Malt's at the Con Hotel. don't think anyone else has arrived yet. Not sure what the plan is or how many want to go though

Archived