What should viserys have done?

Stannis Iron Baratheon

Viserys should have finally realized what an unloveable asshole he is and just killed himself.

Really, I don't think there's much he could have done. Drogo wasn't going to cross the Narrow Sea for him, it just wasn't going to happen. For Dany, yes, but not for Viserys -- he needed to be out of the picture first.

It would have had to start a long time before he was in the Dothraki sea with Drago. If Viserys was strong, smart, and likeable then his families treasures would never have been stolen when Darry died. He would have had to dedicate himself to becoming an unmatched warrior either joining a sellsword company or going somewhere like Mereen where he could fight in the pits. Earn some fame, earn some wealth, basically be a well respected person and wait for my opportunity.

He definitely should not have even agreed to work with the Dothraki. At the very least he shouldnt have gone with them. Having them as an ally wouldnt have been bad I guess. Although this dont know if dothraki have "allies" but aside from staying away from the dothraki he should have been trying get involved in the politics of essos garnering influence and connections. This however would depend on his skills which I believe were lacking. He was doomed from the start because he had poor training/upbringing and no natural skills

Well, of all the various groups in Essos....marrying his sister to a warlord from a people who fight only on horseback, not wearing armor and refuse to cross the ocean...as the solution of how to reconquer Westeros, country of castles and armored knights, seems like it has to have been one of the worst possible choices he could have made.

But, certainly, once that was done, he should have stayed in Pentos.

Be patient, adapt to the Dothraki, and win their respect.

Or stay in Pentos.

This^

Also, not be a complete flake.

Oh yeah, also have Ilyrio or Jorah teach him some basics in swordfighting.

Forget about the Iron Throne. Adapt to new situation, get some therapy to overcome bitterness about the past, make wise career choice and get on with it. If the surviving Russian nobility could do it, so could Viserys.

This would have been best for him. He could have somehow spun his Targaryaness into a money maker. Or just joined a sells word company.

Forget about the Iron Throne. Adapt to new situation, get some therapy to overcome bitterness about the past, make wise career choice and get on with it. If the surviving Russian nobility could do it, so could Viserys.

I think that's unrealistic. In his mind the throne was his by rights. Remember, his mother shielded him from most of Aerys' madness too. So he had a very one sided outlook regarding the rebellion. I don't see people saying the Starks shouldn't try and get WF back.

We all know that viserys ROYALY screwed up, well pretty much everything, but what should he have done in regards to khal drogo and winning back his throne?

I'd impart to him a nugget if wisdom my father shared with me on a daily basis growing up..

"how about learning when to shut the hell up, boy".

He should have stayed in Pentos, and had Illyrio recruit someone of his image to accompany the Dothraki as him. So any knifes would be stuck into the double.

He could have learned about Roberts death and in his annoyance of Danys lengthily trip, he would sign up to ride with Barristan Selmy, the man that saved his fathers life , and a badass pit fighter. They would have arrived in Qarth to find dragons. And one would be his.

Viserys snapped the final time when he realized that he was tricked into giving Dany to Drogo for Nothing. Drogo never made a pledge for an army, Dany and the dragon eggs and slaves were all given by Illyrio to stop Pentos from being sacked which would have ended with the fat magister losing his wealth and life. It also was a means to an end to get rid of the Targs and Jorah was sent to observe them but was not in on the loop which was hoping for them to die. Viserys was doomed when poor old Ser Darry died leaving them alone. Gods know, Doran, sitting on marriage contracts for them did nothing to help them.

Archived