Where is Maegor?

TheStarkInWinterhell

With the talk of Aegon being a fake and either a Blackfyre or a Brightflame.

Where is Maegor Brightflame at? He would be about to turn 70. And the book shows people living well passed that.

If he was alive I would think that he would have come home by now, so I think that he's dead since a few decades at least.

I don't think Maegor's descendants, if he had any, ended up in Essos. By 219 AC, Aerion had returned from his exile, while Maegor was born in 232 AC, according to the wikia. I don't see why a prince born in Westeros would move to Essos.

In my opinion, we have little information about him because Martin's saving it for the Dunk & Egg narrating Aegon V's ascension to the throne.

(I haven't read the Brightfyre theory yet, maybe it will address my point)

• 5 months later...

Illyrio himself is too young too be Maegor Brightflame, but Illyrio could be the son of Brightflame. Varys is a eunuch who shaves his head or has no hair naturally. Eunuchs age slower than other people and the lack of hair mean no grey or silver hair to hide. Varys could be much older than he looks and could be seventy years old and could be Maegor Targaryen himself. Maybe Maegor stuck around Aegon V's court and was killed at Summerhall. We just don't know enough. I think he was in Westeros at his birth and I don't know how he would end up in Essos.

He would be two years younger than Jeor Mormont and three years older than Ser Barristan

Maegor's strongest family ties were to House Targaryen, House Arryn, and House Dayne, in that order. I would expect he was raised at King's Landing, Dragonstone, Summerhall, the Eyrie, or Starfall. Forget Brightfyre, let the Darkstar Brightflame theories commence!

Maegor's strongest family ties were to House Targaryen, House Arryn, and House Dayne, in that order. I would expect he was raised at King's Landing, Dragonstone, Summerhall, the Eyrie, or Starfall. Forget Brightfyre, let the Darkstar Brightflame theories commence!

Dragons old and young, true and false, bright and dark. Uh ohhhh. If anybody can represent two metaphorical people at the same time, it's future tween sensation Darkstar.

He is the Tattered Prince. The timeline fits. We also know Maegor the Cruel went to Pentos during his exile. I will add I think Varys is his son, and when Tatters ran from Pentos he left his family behind thinking they would be safe, and then that's when Varys was sold off. This could help explain why he wants to take Pentos.

I don't think Maegor's descendants, if he had any, ended up in Essos. By 219 AC, Aerion had returned from his exile, while Maegor was born in 232 AC, according to the wikia. I don't see why a prince born in Westeros would move to Essos.

I also don't see why the heir of a prince would end up as a slave sold to a mage like Varys, or a prostitute like Serra.

However, GRRM tells us Aerion sired a bastard or three in Lys. The bastard child of an exiled prince turned sellsword and (most likely) a prostitute or commoner, his children ending up as slaves or prostitutes doesn't seem at all unlikely. And if Maegor is dead and has no living descendants, Varys or Serra might see themselves as his Aerion's heirs, or Illyrio might see them that way.

Archived