Mr. Robot (spoilers).... 'cause I suck at this stuff

Martini Sigil

Finished. Great show, but I felt it took a slight dip in the last two episodes, starting with the big reveal.

I am not a fan of the schizophrenic twists in general, and immediately I started thinking of all the times where the dad was shown alone. Was it Elliot that threatened Romero in his own house, or had a secret meeting with Tyrell? And if that's so, how is it that Tyrell didn't realize sooner that Elliot was at the center of everything? The sister portion made more sense going back to some events.

I would like to think that the video someone took of Elliot throwing himself of the rail may have been doctored, and maybe someone really was there to push him.

But Rami Malek delivered great performances, the plot is constantly intriguing, and the pace, twists, and cliffhangers makes this show an easy binge watch. Actually, I would be tempted to not watch season 2 on a weekly basis, and just wait until it's all available.  

2 more episodes and a 2 hour premiere?  Pumped!  

3 hours ago, Korvín-Corvinus said:

Finished. Great show, but I felt it took a slight dip in the last two episodes, starting with the big reveal.

Hide contents

I am not a fan of the schizophrenic twists in general, and immediately I started thinking of all the times where the dad was shown alone. Was it Elliot that threatened Romero in his own house, or had a secret meeting with Tyrell? And if that's so, how is it that Tyrell didn't realize sooner that Elliot was at the center of everything? The sister portion made more sense going back to some events.

Yes, it was always Elliot. Tyrell knew he was up to something from the get go, irrc, but seemed too caught up in his own scheming BS.

Could it have something to do with the extended premiere?

From what I've read the two-episode premiere will have the episode titles "eps2.0_unm4sk-pt1.tc" and "eps2.0_unm4sk-pt2.tc". The show is also following in the footsteps of TWD and GoT by introducing an hour long live after show called Hacking Robot.

ETA. I've just seen that USA have indeed released a special episode titled "Mr. Robot_dec0d3d.doc" which takes a look at events from season 1 and offers some details about what is to come in season 2. There is also commentary and interviews with Esmail, Malek, Slater, Chaikin and Doubleday.

6 hours ago, Relic said:

God i love this show. Happy to report that the first episode of the second season is freaking amazing.

that's bullshit, we have to wait until the 14th.  looking forward to this more than any other show this year.

9 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

that's bullshit, we have to wait until the 14th.  looking forward to this more than any other show this year.

Well... you don't have to... 

I missed the season when it originally aired, but finished USA's marathon of season 1 the other night. Excellent show! In addition, there was a rolling script pointing out Easter eggs during each episode. My only slight nitpick was

Spoiler

the last two episodes spending a bit too much time on the Mr. Robot/Elliot reveal. Less would have been more imo.

Just rewatched season 1 in the last couple of hours. A total crackpot-theory I came up with is, that Tyrell and his wife are the same person, but I don't really know, how that would work. They seem to have a very symbiotic relationship, and his wife seems really weird, when Elliot visits her. The whole "us is me"-statement made me suspicious as well. However, sometimes you have scenes, where people interact with both of them at the same time,

Spoiler

which is very different in the case of Elliot and Mr Robot.

I was overall very impressed at the hints and clues about Darlene in the course of the season, I didn't pay that much attention to that relationship on the first watch, since I didn't see that twist coming at all. I just thought she was a little off, but a lot of her odd behaviour makes much more sense now.

1 hour ago, Criston of House Shapper said:

Just rewatched season 1 in the last couple of hours. A total crackpot-theory I came up with is, that Tyrell and his wife are the same person, but I don't really know, how that would work. They seem to have a very symbiotic relationship, and his wife seems really weird, when Elliot visits her. The whole "us is me"-statement made me suspicious as well. However, sometimes you have scenes, where people interact with both of them at the same time,

Reveal hidden contents

which is very different in the case of Elliot and Mr Robot.

I was overall very impressed at the hints and clues about Darlene in the course of the season, I didn't pay that much attention to that relationship on the first watch, since I didn't see that twist coming at all. I just thought she was a little off, but a lot of her odd behaviour makes much more sense now.

Not possible because the investigators wanted to interview both Tyrell and Joanna when they paid a visit to them at their home. I thought Tyrell was a real piece of work, until we met Joanna. And one of the first scenes of her having Tyrell tie to her to the bed. WTF! She is terrifying.

poor Tyrant.... it's up against this show...lol

5 hours ago, Astromech said:

Not possible because the investigators wanted to interview both Tyrell and Joanna when they paid a visit to them at their home. I thought Tyrell was a real piece of work, until we met Joanna. And one of the first scenes of her having Tyrell tie to her to the bed. WTF! She is terrifying.

Joanna is indeed terrifying.... those eyes.... its like she is looking into your soul

Archived