Rant & Rave without repercussion S 5 continued [book spoilers]

kissdbyfire

Dorne needs Vagisil. A good, thorough dousing.

S05 was about moving the pieces around on the board and getting St. Tyrion to Dany.

What's this about more than 7 seasons? I can't take it - that's way too much. They've cut so much good material and now they're happy as pigs in shit to make it all up.

I actually almost feel for the show writers. They've been adamant that they were going to streamline and finish it in 7, if they'd known they would get cuckolded into 'making the 8' I think they would have been a bit more conservative in what they cut.

AngryGoTFan is a buzzkill, talking politics. Stop, please.

I know. No one's perfect. :lol:

Yeah, they cut so much good stuff because they were so sure they wanted 7 seasons, Benioff even said something along the lines of "seven kingdoms, seven gods, seven seasons, it feels right to us". Then HBO throws a truckload of money at them, or green-lights another project, or whatever, and now it's going to be 8 seasons. And we're going to get pure fanfic, and the same extreme poor quality fanfic we've been getting for a while now.

Jaime rescuing Margaery, who is he filling in for this time? Maybe at some point he'll get a fanfic glimmer of his own story back?

Where did you get that information actually?

I think this is the source:

http://lossietereinos.com/impactantes-novedades-sobre-desembarco-del-rey-y-el-norte-en-la-6a-temporada-spoilers-muy-grandes/

Of course, makes perfect sense! After two of his kids got killed while he looked on and did nothing - the useless excuse of a man - he'll do whatever he can to bond with Tommen and show him what a great dad he is.

Tommen wants Marg freed, Carol doesn't. But since Carol and Larry will have broken up, he'll do what Tommen wants. :rolleyes:

So you think Larry takes on the role of what Mace Tyrell did in the books? Sounds about right...

Wasn't there a point in the booksnob bingo about a character doing the job of another character that is actually cast?

Say, we haven't been reminded by the Ds that Jaime is a bad guy in quite a while. Maybe after he's done taking the role of Mace Tyrell he'll head to the Riverlands, where he'll take the role of Gregor Clegane and punch a whore in the face with his golden hand, breaking her nose and knocking half her teeth out (after which he'll put on sunglasses and say "her name is...CERSEI" *yeeeeaaaaaaah!*). 

Then he'll stand there quietly looking like he wants to cry all the time, like a good post-season 3 Jaime. 

But how will it not strange first showing him saving Marg and being a nice daddy and showing again the bad guy. 

Oh, yes, Creatively it made sense to us, because we wanted it to happen. I always forget that. 

(And also, maybe saving Marg is actually a very bad because she is the enemy of sweet poor Carol)

I thought it is "it will become consensual by the end".

Was Graves the one who said that?  :ack:

Say, we haven't been reminded by the Ds that Jaime is a bad guy in quite a while. Maybe after he's done taking the role of Mace Tyrell he'll head to the Riverlands, where he'll take the role of Gregor Clegane and punch a whore in the face with his golden hand, breaking her nose and knocking half her teeth out (after which he'll put on sunglasses and say "her name is...CERSEI" *yeeeeaaaaaaah!*). 

Real talk,  I would've loved to see that scene in the show. Obviously not an actual complaint since not every minor moment can be included, but Jaime punching Ronnet's face was one of the most satisfying things in AFFC.

Yes....maybe I'm too optimistic.....but the show (seasons 1-4) was the reason I became a book reader.

I agree with you that the scenes are well directed, but we have a big problem with the "essence" of the story.

But now that we'll have 8/7+ seasons maybe they are going to improve it. ?????

BTW, 3000 potential pages to adapt into 2+/3 seasons scares me...

Was Graves the one who said that?  :ack:

Yeah, I had just looked it up this morning for another discussion. He was the director and the editor of the scene and yes, he basically screwed all show-defenders over with this fucked up interpretation of his. Until then people were arguing that it was just the result of them changing Jaime's character and not a complete accident (read: total showcase of utter incompetence).

Yes....maybe I'm too optimistic.....but the show (seasons 1-4) was the reason I became a book reader.

I agree with you that the scenes are well directed, but we have a big problem with the "essence" of the story.

But now that we'll have 8/7+ seasons maybe they are going to improve it. ?????

BTW, 3000 potential pages to adapt into 2+/3 seasons scares me...

They are not going to improve.  The show managed somehow to gain viewers at the end of the season and was nominated for 24 Emmys, that is not any kind of motivation to improve your product, that tells you that your product is awesome and the public wants more of the same:  shock me baby, who needs narrative when we have shock!!

I didn't read the books either until after season 1.  But that is no reason to continue giving the show the benefit of the doubt.

Archived