NFL 2015 Week 10: Down on your Luck

Mexal

What is a freaking catch these days?!

Maybe I'm just really fucking drunk, but I'd leave my boyfriend of like 2.5 years for Chris Collinsworth right now. His on-point commentary aside, he doesn't know what a catch is and he doesn't act like he has that magic knowledge.

The world is against you Dante, as usual.

So "they'll blame the refs" wasn't meant to be a negative remark? The Pats have some history of blaming the refs for their losses? I am just trying to understand your sophisticated football commentary.

This is what I'm trying to ask though: Is what you just said true?

With all of the twitters and facebooks and reddits and pinstagrams (I only know what 2 of those things actually are), can a team afford the PR hit that comes with benching a legend they sold their team out on to acquire? No one believes there's a planned future beyond Peyton except Brock Osweiler's parents, are those seats in Denver gonna stay full if they're trotting out a Brockstar at QB?

Sure if they keep winning, but what if they don't?

It's not like they're going to stop buying tickets or jerseys or anything. That's the only fan input that really counts, methinks.

Ah, my mistake. Pesci made the Edelman comment. You merely suggest they'd blame the refs if they lost. Can't imagine how I thought that was a slight.

Yes I did. It's not a slight, it's the truth. If they would have lost, I'd bet one of my balls that somewhere tomorrow, I'd have read an article or watch a segment on TV and Edelman going down would be used as a reason/excuse that they lost. Not by the team, or anyone on here, but by someone in the media. As the halftime show comes on, Rodney Harrison comes to mind as someone who might say it.

Ah, my mistake. Pesci made the Edelman comment. You merely suggest they'd blame the refs if they lost. Can't imagine how I thought that was a slight.

Why do you care?

Seriously don't get it. 

Kind of a question that goes for everyone really.  The teams don't care about you.  The players don't care about you.  So why get so defensive/angry/emotional about them?

Why would most of us watch then? We're not idiots.

It's called investment and is why being a fan is so fun for many.

Of course there are fans that are completely clinical (you perhaps?) but that wouldn't work for me.

Seconded. The irrationality and out of whack emotional investment is part and parcel of my fandom. I blame my Dad.

Why would most of us watch then? We're not idiots.

It's called investment is why being a fan is so fun for many.

Of course there are fans that are completely clinical (you perhaps?) but that wouldn't work for me.

I think there's plenty of middle ground, where you can enjoy watching games and be a fan without treating every slightly negative comment about your favorite team as a personal attack.  Just seems strange to me to care so much about an entity that doesn't care about you.

WJ,

I was only answering your question for myself and my assumptions.

Why Patriots fans specifically feel so defensive is kind of a mystery to me.

When the 49ers are great, smugness and water off a ducks back are plan of the day.

For what it's worth, I'm a Patriots fan.  :P

Archived