NFL 2015 Week 10: Down on your Luck

Mexal

I did too but until this year, I thought Dalton's limitations would continue to limit the offense. Turned out he just needed his weapons healthy (see what I did there Dante?).

I always saw him as an above average generic QB. He can do great things when surronded with talent, but can't get it done on his own. I'm starting to think I'm wrong about the latter thought though.

Here's a thought... Should Denver trade for Kaepernick?

I honestly think he could do great in Kubiak's offense.  It'd be like all the things he did so well that first season and a half for San Francisco.  Hand off to a running back, stretch the field with big throws, be a running threat yourself.  And have a solid defense to back you up.

Sounds like a plan to me.  :dunno:

Eagles are gonna trade for him. He seems like the perfect QB for Chip.

I always saw him as an above average generic QB. He can do great things when surronded with talent, but can't get it done on his own. I'm starting to think I'm wrong about the latter thought though.

Nah, you're still right. We saw Dalton in 2013 put up good numbers but still suffer since he had no real TE and a revolving door at #2 WR. As a result, you saw a lot of interceptions on passes towards Green when he was forcing it. In 2014, when Green, Jones, Eifert and Bernard were all injured for most of the season, you saw Dalton regress some but still get us to the playoffs. He did quite a bit with limited weapons but still wasn't impressive in the general sense. And now we see him with healthy weapons for an entire season and he's on another level than I thought he could go. If those weapons all got hurt, think Dalton would revert to 2014 Dalton or if half got hurt, 2013, though I will say his decision making has vastly improved.

That being said, I'm starting to believe that no QB except maybe Brady can get it done without weapons around him and even his offense suffered when Gronk was hurt. A prime example of this is Rodgers who is struggling mightily with a shaky OL, without Nelson and no running game. 

Eagles are gonna trade for him. He seems like the perfect QB for Chip.

Nope. Not remotely. He'd be a horrible QB for Kelly offenses.

The perfect QB for a Kelly offense is one that makes really good decisions quickly, is accurate, and can at least threaten to run on occasion and likely will run about 4-5 times a game. They do not need to be a stellar runner to make things work. They need to make good presnap reads that are usually fairly simple (basically counting) and then execute them flawlessly. Kaep is horrible at decision making and reading, not particularly accurate and is great at running. Bad choice.

Wilson would likely have been a very good QB for Kelly. Not perfect; his decision making is fairly suspect. But good. Right now one of the better options would be Tyrod Taylor - 70% completion, good running ability. And of course, Mariota (65% rate so far) would have been amazing. 

I know this is likely to jinx the Bengals but I just want to say their health is absolutely insane right now. As of today, they have one player from their original 53 man roster who is out with injury and that's Andre Smith with a concussion. We have no players on IR and the one player we absolutely needed back from the PUP list, Burfict, is healthy (more or less) and playing. Has there been another team that's gone into week 10 with no season ending injuries to their original 53?

ETA: Kubiak just named Osweiler the starter for next week. Manning out with injury.

Helps explain why Manning is unable to step into his throws. He has to be done for the year right? With his arm, he can't play with that injury. 

I hate the new multi-quote system.

Kalbear: Andrew Luck is the gear that makes the Colts spin. While I love me some Hasselbeck, only fools think that 2 wins over the most charred bits of the AFC South dumpster fire makes him at all comparable to an Andrew Luck who can physically throw a football. I can understand (without condoning or condemning) the Colts putting him out there. Manning on the other hand has been holding the Broncos back all season. As for the conspiracy, do you really think they'd just bench Manning for performance reasons and that gigantic forehead of his wouldn't make it a problem?

Manhole: My thoughts exactly.

Rhom: He'll be a free agent at the end of the year, no need to trade for him. That said... you might be on to something. I think he sucks, but Kubiak's system is a good fit.

Helps explain why Manning is unable to step into his throws. He has to be done for the year right? With his arm, he can't play with that injury. 

I hate the new multi-quote system.

Kalbear: Andrew Luck is the gear that makes the Colts spin. While I love me some Hasselbeck, only fools think that 2 wins over the most charred bits of the AFC South dumpster fire makes him at all comparable to an Andrew Luck who can physically throw a football. I can understand (without condoning or condemning) the Colts putting him out there. Manning on the other hand has been holding the Broncos back all season. As for the conspiracy, do you really think they'd just bench Manning for performance reasons and that gigantic forehead of his wouldn't make it a problem?

Manhole: My thoughts exactly.

Rhom: He'll be a free agent at the end of the year, no need to trade for him. That said... you might be on to something. I think he sucks, but Kubiak's system is a good fit.

Uh… so …? 

I mean, what you are saying is that if a team loses its #1 WR, it would NOT have an impact on the game?  That that fact would NOT be impactful? or relevant  And that mentioning it would have been, what?  Stupid?  What you are basically saying is “Jesus!  I do not  want to listen to people bringing up cause-and-effect rationale, and being able to draw conclusions from events and circumstances!!!  STOOPIDPATRIOTSFANS!!!” 

Thankfully, the Pats won so we can avoid that living-hell for you. 

It's rather comical that you take such offense to every small Patriots comment on here, especially since I even stated it would be solely the media that would use it as an excuse, and no one on here that would. Even funnier, is that nowhere did I mention anything pertaining to "STOOPIDPATRIOTSFANS!!!",  but of course anything that doesn't heap praise and glory on the Patriots must be a personal slight against the entire fandom, so I'll PM you my home address so you can bring a bunch of Patriots fans down here, set up your tents in my front yard and protest until I resign from posting on this forum. I'll even check my Steelers privilege for you too.

That being said, I'm starting to believe that no QB except maybe Brady can get it done without weapons around him and even his offense suffered when Gronk was hurt. A prime example of this is Rodgers who is struggling mightily with a shaky OL, without Nelson and no running game. 

I know he's retired, but Farve is the first to come to mind. He made a living off of turning trash into pro-bowlers.

I know he's retired, but Farve is the first to come to mind. He made a living off of turning trash into pro-bowlers.

Maybe, but he also did have some really good players and if you look at his stats, he had some really poor years matched in with great years which could have been a result of having trash skill players around him.

Just a saw a replay of that Brandon Browner cheap blindside shot on an offensive lineman instead of trying to make a tackle during the Saints-Skins game...utterly ridiculous.

On the Edelman excuses front, even the Goldenboy has kinda sorta made one...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000581396/article/brady-edelman-is-too-good-to-just-put-someone-else-in

IT'S NOT AN EXCUSE! HOW DARE YOU!

On the Edelman excuses front, even the Goldenboy has kinda sorta made one...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000581396/article/brady-edelman-is-too-good-to-just-put-someone-else-in

I was surprised to see Edelman only has one year with over 1,000 yards receiving, and that was only 1,056. I'm obviously not a Pats fan so I am unaware of his injury history, but I figured he'd have two or three 1,000 yard years. 

In other news, I'm really excited with what the Vikings are achieving out in the NFC North. Zimmer is one of my favorite coaches and I'm really happy to see him finding success. The defense looks good, running game is back and Teddy is doing just enough. I doubt they're better than the Cardinals or Panthers but they have a chance of making some noise in the NFC.

ETA: Also, NFL officials have once again admitted to a referee mistake that cost another team a game. They concluded that the Jags should have been called for illegal procedure since they weren't set before Dumervil's facemask thus ending the game. Looks like in this case, they have every reason to bitch about the refs costing them a game since they literally did.

Personally, when watching the game, I was surprised no flag was thrown. Looked like everyone was surprised including Bortles. 

Junior Galette to be suspended 2 games for his January domestic "incident". Since the charges were dropped, and this is surely going to get appealed even with him being injured, who thinks that this suspension is gonna stick? I sure as hell don't.

In other news, I'm really excited with what the Vikings are achieving out in the NFC North. Zimmer is one of my favorite coaches and I'm really happy to see him finding success. The defense looks good, running game is back and Teddy is doing just enough. I doubt they're better than the Cardinals or Panthers but they have a chance of making some noise in the NFC.

Zimmer is the man! Our defense is nasty. What's most impressive is how he adjusts them on the fly. But we can only go as far as Teddy takes us. And I'd still bet on GB winning the division. Vikings' schedule is rough.

Zimmer is the man! Our defense is nasty. What's most impressive is how he adjusts them on the fly. But we can only go as far as Teddy takes us. And I'd still bet on GB winning the division. Vikings' schedule is rough.

Zimmer is so good at developing players by refocusing on the fundamentals and for the most part, keeping his defense fairly straight forward. He does some exotic things here or there but they don't seem overly complicated. Love that he shows up and you guys start playing better defense. So happy Zimmer went to a team that I can stomach.

IIRC Kaep has one more year on his deal.  Most likely the Niners will have to cut him and thereby make him a free agent.  However, if they are willing to keep him on the books into the spring they might get some modicum of value back.

ETA:  And if you're the Broncos, is there a better QB available to run your system?  If you are Kaep, is there a better team to play to your strengths?

Where else you gonna go?  The Jets???

Archived