Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!

MisterOJ

Happy Thanksgiving to those that are celebrating today!

The green bean casseroles I will be donating to the local Community Thanksgiving dinner are now in the oven. Once they are done, I'll drop them off and come back home to grab eldest daughter and take her back to help volunteer put the individual meals together. Then, once it's time to start delivering the meals, I'll come back and get the wife and youngest daughter and we will all go deliver the meals to those in need who have requested them. When it's all done, we will have made sure about 1,000 people in our little community have gotten a free traditional Thanksgiving meal.

Once it is all finished, we will then sit down with our extended family and have our own meal together. That's our Thanksgiving tradition. What's yours?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Our tradition is to talk to relatives on the phone who live long and even not so long distances away and keep things low key, no special meal and just take it easy.

Last time I went to the grocery store I donated $10 for a meal for the homeless.

Ours was good and bad.  Our daughter and toddler grandson came up for a visit from North Carolina.  Yay!

Said toddler/grandson pitched a hissy fit just before dinner and proceeded to kick, scream, cry, and holler about half-way through dinner.  Needless to say, he spent the rest of it in the bedroom where he promptly fell asleep.  Booo! 

And he didn't even help with the dishes.  

Hope yours was successful. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived