NHL 2015-16: We finally needed a new thread!

Joe Pesci

It'll be interesting to see if Orpik gets fined more than the $2400 than his teammate did for the knee to knee hit in game 1. Should be a game suspension imo, it was a straight headshot with intent. 

1 hour ago, Jabronius Maximus said:

Well...if Orpik's hit got him 3 games, you'd figure Letangs gets at least 1. Boneheaded move by him there. He's lucky to still be in the game...

Yup, dumb ass hit is getting him a suspension for sure. Totally unnecessary.

13 hours ago, Joe Pesci said:

He's got a hearing this morning, so we'll see. Johansson came back, so I'm guessing the max allowable fine or 1 game. Probably the latter. 

In other news, Flames fired Bob Hartley. The timing seems to suggest a play for Bruce Boudreau, if anything. Please god do not let them land Boudreau. 

17 hours ago, Joe Pesci said:

Once again the NHL cocks up the discipline.

Wilson should've been suspended a game.

The Orpik hit should have been five and a game, and then they it makes sense to give him just one additional game and call it good.

Give Letang 5 and a game and a fine.

There's just no proportionality to this discipline, which is utterly typical of the NHL.

And then just fine Trotz for being a seeping dolt about the whole thing and move on.

Huge win for the Pens, and Murray continues to frustrate the Caps in net. Really enjoyed seeing Ovi on the bench with his head hung after Hornqvists OT winner. I did not see this series going this way after 4 games tbh.

37 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

Huge win for the Pens, and Murray continues to frustrate the Caps in net. Really enjoyed seeing Ovi on the bench with his head hung after Hornqvists OT winner. I did not see this series going this way after 4 games tbh.

Murray stole game 3 like you wouldn't believe.  In any sane world, the series would be tied at 2, but instead here we are.  Even last game felt like the Caps were the consistently better team with the Pens showing moments of true brilliance, and the depth of the Pens in kind of unbelievable.  Guys, Daley was the dman with the most ice time.  The guy we straight-up traded Scuderi for.  I don't know how, but Sullivan has been able to rehab a ton of players written off by other teams and get a lot of value out of AHL callups, and its saving the Pens right now.

24 minutes ago, MerenthaClone said:

Murray stole game 3 like you wouldn't believe.  In any sane world, the series would be tied at 2, but instead here we are.  Even last game felt like the Caps were the consistently better team with the Pens showing moments of true brilliance, and the depth of the Pens in kind of unbelievable.  Guys, Daley was the dman with the most ice time.  The guy we straight-up traded Scuderi for.  I don't know how, but Sullivan has been able to rehab a ton of players written off by other teams and get a lot of value out of AHL callups, and its saving the Pens right now.

I have to say I was happy with just the fact that someone took Scuderi from us, I didn't care what or who we got for him.  I was thrilled and surprised that we got Daley and that he was having a hard time to find a spot on the hawks, but I don't follow the hawks that much in the regular season.  It's become arguably the best move Jim Rutherford has ever made.

Add in the trade for Hags, and Rutherford really sharply identified weak areas and quickly shored them up. Top to bottom this is the best team remaining in the playoffs. It was a great job by Rutherford tweaking things. 

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the Caps have it in them to at least force a game 7. 

Archived