NHL 2015-16: We finally needed a new thread!

Joe Pesci

33 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

Attendance looks sparse at this game. Playoff hockey is not to be missed.

Eh? The stands are full. San Jose has one of the best sell out records in the league.

Maybe the fans mostly wearing the popular black with teal, a few wearing teal with black, and almost no one wearing white and teal is throwing you off.

I think you guys showed up in the 3rd. A bunch of open netters doesn't change that.

I think the Preds are slightly overmatched but not in a way I think this won't be a powerfully contested series that makes me nervous as hell.

13 hours ago, Bonesy said:

Eh? The stands are full. San Jose has one of the best sell out records in the league.

Maybe the fans mostly wearing the popular black with teal, a few wearing teal with black, and almost no one wearing white and teal is throwing you off.

https://www.nhl.com/video/jones-fantastic-pad-save/t-280502762/c-43790403

This was about when I made the attendance comment, plenty of seats open it looks like. The white is what caught my attention, looks like t shirts hanging on the back of empty seats to me. Could be wrong though.

Need those Pens to come out hot tonight in the 1st, can't afford a sluggish start.

Playoffs today pale in comparison to the ultimate post season event: the draft lottery. I almost want us to win just to see people lose their shit. That would be 5 1st overalls in 7 seasons, to mirror the dynasty that had 5 cups in 7 years. 

I think it'll go to Toronto though. 

I almost want Edmonton to win the lottery to pick Matthews, if they do not win it they might be too tempted to go for Juolevi or Chychrun to get their blue line fixed.

The Leafs on the other hand are going for a complete overhaul, so they could actually use Matthews to address some of their needs; well they actually have also needs on the blue line, but they really can't draft anyone that won't address one need or another.

Wow what a cheap ploy to get people to watch this draft lottery crap. If there's one thing I hate it's false advertisement. Puck drop at 8 o'clock my ass. Bout to boycott this shit.

And there we go, Leafs it is. Their AHL squad is terrifying, they have a deep prospect pool, and now Matthews to top it off. Unlike the Oilers I think it's safe to say they'll be great in a couple years. Their advanced metrics were actually quite good this year, they just had no skill to make good on it - that should change fairly quickly. 

1 hour ago, Jabronius Maximus said:

Man that wasn't good for the heart, and I'm a neutral fan. Can't imagine what Pens/Caps fans went through. 

MATT MURRAY IS 21. TWENTY ONE. JEEZ.

After the Fehr goal that last 5 minutes or so felt like an eternity. I couldn't sit down.The poise Murray shows is unreal. Seems like the guys just stays in the zone no matter what. 

It'd be real cool if the Caps could go a game in this series without having to get the DoPS involved, but as long as they keep handing down pissy fines instead of suspensions, Caps will keep taking dangerous runs at Pens players.  Good on the Pens for sticking to their speed and not getting pissed and dumb lime they used to, but fuck me was that hit on Maata dirty.  I cannot believe that was only a minor. I understand not wanting to decide the game with penalties, but a hit like that on other players could decide the series and DoPS is encouraging shithead hits.  Go fuck yourself, Orpik.  

In other news, Murray is awesome and I'm glad he's getting to show off his skill. 

Archived