NHL 2015-16: We finally needed a new thread!

Joe Pesci

15 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Peeps in Pittsburgh are a little salty MAF hasn't been in yet. Not sure why? Murray has been hot and made some magnificent saves. Let a soft goal in the other night, but wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game. At this point in the series, there's no way you can put in MAF whom hasn't played since late March. Even if Murray has a sub par game tomorrow night, there's no way you put in a rusty goalie for a game 7 on the road.

I think it's mainly just Madden and Rossi..  Which..  Who cares about those guys really....  Particularly funny since Rossi was all 'you have to sit.  For the good of your faammmilllyyyy....' just a couple weeks ago.

I really hate how Sullivan was bouncing around the lines the other night. Giving the guys a couple shifts to get acclimated with each other? Doesn't seem to work.  He's done that 2-3 times now and it has yet to yield a victory. Go back to your lines that have worked over the majority of the playoffs thus far and end this at home. A game 7 in Washington would not be good.

it's time to put Malkin beside kessel where he belongs.  It's the playoffs.  he's not going to be productive out there with sandbags on his wings, and it's not like HBK is tearing it up.  it's great they found a way to eb productive while he was out, but it's time to run two legitimate scoring lines.

1 minute ago, Swordfish said:

I think it's mainly just Madden and Rossi..  Which..  Who cares about those guys really....  Particularly funny since Rossi was all 'you have to sit.  For the good of your faammmilllyyyy....' just a couple weeks ago.

it's time to put Malkin beside kessel where he belongs.  It's the playoffs.  he's not going to be productive out there with sandbags on his wings, and it's not like HBK is tearing it up.  it's great they found a way to eb productive while he was out, but it's time to run two legitimate scoring lines.

Rossi is complete hack job who can't keep his thoughts in a line from week to week, hands down the worst in Pittsburgh, as hard as that is for me to say considering John Perotto still covers pushes his personal vendetta into every article he writes about the Buccos. 

Totally agree to get Geno and Kessel back together. I'd keep Hagelin with Bonino though as they have kept up their chemistry during this series. Time to shake things up a bit on the lines.

And in no way should MAF even be considered unless it's a blowout, either for or against the Pens to shake off some rust. Murray has done absolutely nothing to merit being yanked.

Just now, Joe Pesci said:

Rossi is complete hack job who can't keep his thoughts in a line from week to week, hands down the worst in Pittsburgh, as hard as that is for me to say considering John Perotto still covers pushes his personal vendetta into every article he writes about the Buccos. 

Totally agree to get Geno and Kessel back together. I'd keep Hagelin with Bonino though as they have kept up their chemistry during this series. Time to shake things up a bit on the lines.

And in no way should MAF even be considered unless it's a blowout, either for or against the Pens to shake off some rust. Murray has done absolutely nothing to merit being yanked.

Totally agree with all of this, except i think Madden is worse than Rossi.  heh.....

15 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Peeps in Pittsburgh are a little salty MAF hasn't been in yet. Not sure why? Murray has been hot and made some magnificent saves. Let a soft goal in the other night, but wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game. At this point in the series, there's no way you can put in MAF whom hasn't played since late March. Even if Murray has a sub par game tomorrow night, there's no way you put in a rusty goalie for a game 7 on the road.

I really hate how Sullivan was bouncing around the lines the other night. Giving the guys a couple shifts to get acclimated with each other? Doesn't seem to work.  He's done that 2-3 times now and it has yet to yield a victory. Go back to your lines that have worked over the majority of the playoffs thus far and end this at home. A game 7 in Washington would not be good.

Yinzers will yinz.  Nothing you can do about it, but goddamn do I hate this fanbase sometimes.  And I think Hornqvist was injured; its really the only explanation for the line juggling that I can see.  

1 minute ago, Swordfish said:

Totally agree with all of this, except i think Madden is worse than Rossi.  heh.....

Madden has been the same blowhard on the radio for so long his act is totally played out, but at least as a journalist/editor he has some credibility, while Rossi should be writing for a high school paper.

4 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

Madden has been the same blowhard on the radio for so long his act is totally played out, but at least as a journalist/editor he has some credibility, while Rossi should be writing for a high school paper.

At the end of the day, it would be good if they just both went away......

4 minutes ago, Swordfish said:

At the end of the day, it would be good if they just both went away......

Haha send them to Philly, they always have room for a few more loudmouth assholes.

7 hours ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

Can anyone beat the Bolts?

Don't come here, JB. 

Nice to see Kessel get on the board this series. I wonder if he emits hot dog gas out of his ass when skating down the ice? Soft goal for Holtby to give up. I like the way we look so far. Just sick of the cute passes we try to force. Crosby had a couple.

Pens are looking solid, possibly the strongest period they've played in this series. Did anyone see the refs not call too many men on the Caps when they had 8 guys on the ice? Whistles may be in their pockets tonight but that's pushing it.

It's kind of a legit question by JB, thought he probably should've elaborated. Tampa's been there and done that just last year, and now they're rounding into form as a team. The Wings were soft opposition, but the Isles were no slouches. Yet here's Tampa sitting with an 8-2 record in the playoffs, and have clutch scoring, great goaltending, good defense and very recent playoff experience. And if they get Stammer and/or Stralman back, then we've got basically the same squad that made the finals in 2015. Plus Drouin, who's been very effective. 

I think this team could be going to the finals again. 

5 minutes ago, Jabronius Maximus said:

It's kind of a legit question by JB, thought he probably should've elaborated. Tampa's been there and done that just last year, and now they're rounding into form as a team. The Wings were soft opposition, but the Isles were no slouches. Yet here's Tampa sitting with an 8-2 record in the playoffs, and have clutch scoring, great goaltending, good defense and very recent playoff experience. And if they get Stammer and/or Stralman back, then we've got basically the same squad that made the finals in 2015. Plus Drouin, who's been very effective. 

I think this team could be going to the finals again. 

That was my point. Typical, vapid comment by JB.

Could there have been any better fuck you to Brooks Orpik????

5 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

That was my point. Typical, vapid comment by JB.

Could there have been any better fuck you to Brooks Orpik????

Ah ok fair enough. Not too familiar with the post history lol. 

And yeah typical Caps. I wouldn't call this a choke though - the Sullivan Pens, given a full season, would probably have a similar record to the Caps. It appears they just lost to a better team. 

What a gem Hagelin has been. I used to despise giving up a first round pick for Perron, but that trade ended up being a beautiful thing. That guy's motor just never turns off. Glad we have him.

And congrats to Doc for the Emmy. He comes off as wanting to spread knowledge to the viewers, as people like Pierre come off as a shitty know-it-all.

32 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

And congrats to Doc for the Emmy. He comes off as wanting to spread knowledge to the viewers, as people like Pierre come off as a shitty know-it-all.

Best in the business as far as I'm concerned. He loves the sport and hus job, and that comes through. He also invents the best words. He must have dozens upon dozens of ways to describe different kinds of passes. :lol:

I'd like to chide the Caps for being the same old playoff underperfomers, but I knew this Pens team was going to be trouble. They're just really clicking and have been since the end of the reg season. If they get even decent goaltending they could the most dangerous team left in the playoffs. 

Archived