NHL 2015-16: We finally needed a new thread!

Joe Pesci

22 minutes ago, Jabronius Maximus said:

While true, Vas and Bishop are excellent goalies. Especially Bishop, and Vas has a very high ceiling - so much so that he may eventually replace Bish in Tampa.  

Pittsburgh just has to keep firing away though. It's not like the dam will break or anything, but you'd figure their luck would turn at some point. 

(Although to be honest, outside of a couple series, Washington probably fits your description better). 

Yeah I was thinking, about how the Pens were getting all the bounces in the Caps series, seems like the Boltz are getting them in this series.

The fun thing about this ECF series is that as a Pens fan, I'm thinking to myself 'Man, we are really on the edge of a knife here.  Feels like we are on the verge of either domination or collapse'.

Then i realized, if i was a tampa fan, based on how these two games have gone, I'd likely be feeling exactly the same way.

Good times.....

Kessel was an absolute beast tonight. All over the ice ripping shots. I love that line. Also good to see Crosby score again for a second straight game, and see Kunitz get one. He's been a shell of his old self the past year and a half.

3 hours ago, Swordfish said:

Vasilevxskevy seems a little broken by that game.  Not that i blame him.

It will eb interesting to see if he can bounce back, because it was clear he'd lost it by the end of the game.

I noticed the same after the third goal.  He still posted over a 0.9 for that game, by my ballpark, and his team had a lot of blocked shots on top of that.  Not a bad job on his part at all.  His team just got so thoroughly crushed they had to burn their timeout in the 2nd period because the puck was in their zone for about 5 minutes.  Long enough for three full offensive shifts to rotate through, at least.  

He did a bit of yelling at the bench, and I'm pretty sure I saw him shaking his goal in frustration for a second before they cut to the face off after the 4th goal. The kid is playing great but could be starting to come unglued somewhat under the pressure. I'd expect Bishop back either tomorrow or for game 5 at the latest.

Yeah.  He's been rock solid.  I don't blame him for being frustrated.

Given the way he was venting his frustration at the end of the game, If he starts game 4, i'd be giving him a LOT of face time to try and get him rattled.

29 minutes ago, Swordfish said:

Yeah.  He's been rock solid.  I don't blame him for being frustrated.

Given the way he was venting his frustration at the end of the game, If he starts game 4, i'd be giving him a LOT of face time to try and get him rattled.

Hopefully Hornqvist's hand is ok so that can actually happen.  

It'll be interesting to see who they insert if Hornqvist can't go and how they shuffle the lines outside of the HBK line. Sundqvist is the only logical replacement despite being a center replacing a winger. I guess they can move Sheary back to Sid's line, Fehr up to Malkin's, and drop Sundqvist on the 4th with Cullen and Kuhnackl.

Maybe Beau Bennett is out of his full body cast for that hangnail injury...

1 hour ago, MerenthaClone said:

Hopefully Hornqvist's hand is ok so that can actually happen.  

Yeah.  I have a bad feeling about that hand.

29 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

It'll be interesting to see who they insert if Hornqvist can't go and how they shuffle the lines outside of the HBK line. Sundqvist is the only logical replacement despite being a center replacing a winger. I guess they can move Sheary back to Sid's line, Fehr up to Malkin's, and drop Sundqvist on the 4th with Cullen and Kuhnackl.

Maybe Beau Bennett is out of his full body cast for that hangnail injury...

Ha.  

it's funny because it's true.

God damn those two smurfs. Drouin is that snarky prep school kid that you just want to punch in the nose. Letang needs to quick acting like a jackass the second someone gets under his skin. Malkin is off in Mars somewhere. What a frustrating night.

19 hours ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

This is the kind of demoralizing route that will change the series moving forward.

A team coming back from 4-0 to almost tie it is a demoralizing rout? If anything, that's saying that the Pens have a ton of resiliency when going down, hard. Maybe Callahan trying to kill another Penguins defender (how he didn't get a hearing from DoPS for his earlier hit on Letang I still don't know) will do it, but I really, really don't see it.  You're homering so hard right now.  

Archived