Robert Baratheon is Jon Snows father?

Christopher Six

What if Robert is Jons father? In the first chapter when we meet Jon Snow he looks stronger and has darker features. Who else has dark features? Yes, I know he has brown hair but a darker brown hair. Also I interpreted the stag that killed the direwolf in the beginning as Robert having a child that killed Lyanna

Also there is a year span of when the war started and the tourney at harrenhall
So maybe he got jealous and really proved to Lyanna that he loved her. And maybe things happened.

Yes I know the war lasted possibly over a year. But we are actually never given the actual date of when it stops.....why.....because of Jon. And really all that I have seen is that the war lasted about a year? That could mean under or over a year. So what if it was just right under a year of war? Is it possible that her pregnancy was that long, because that would also explain why she died. Because of stress she never went into giving birth.

Also what if Lyanna didn't want him to be king. Maybe she wanted him to be a Stark so he could never be around piles of lies and schemes, or if she didn't want the child out of wedlock.

So what do you guys think.....is this possible at all? I think it could at least be possible right?   

No. 

Jon is described as "dark" because the Starks are dark. And as far as we know Jon's hair is brown not dark brown or coffee or whatever other color brown its just brown. 

And there is no evidence that Robert and Lyanna had any relationship that resulted in a child when he and others spent the whole of AGOT lamenting on how he never got her. 

Plus it's plain ridiculous to have Jon be Robert's kid(ugh)and Robert not know there is no reason for that. 

I am sort of suggesting that possibly... haha I don't know. But what from the war lasted nine months? Or possibly 10 months. I am just saying that if the war did last 10 months or so, yeah maybe she had a longer pregnancy because of self induced stress or something similar of that.

And yes you could be right about the hair but on the other hand... there is no evidence. Exactly I am saying there is an entire year that goes by and nothing is even said about it. I remember watching an interview with GRRM that said how he deliberately skips material in the book about the history of Ice and Fire. And that could mean he deliberately skipped what happened in that year and when the war ends  But either way, could this year of missing things be very important?

11 minutes ago, The Wolves said:

No. 

Jon is described as "dark" because the Starks are dark. And as far as we know Jon's hair is brown not dark brown or coffee or whatever other color brown its just brown. 

And there is no evidence that Robert and Lyanna had any relationship that resulted in a child when he and others spent the whole of AGOT lamenting on how he never got her. 

Plus it's plain ridiculous to have Jon be Robert's kid(ugh)and Robert not know there is no reason for that. 

Pretty much this sums it up.

There is too much evidence for Rhaegar being his Father. You cant have a pregnancy last longer than approx two weeks past the due date. So I dont think that point is likely at all.  

20 minutes ago, Christopher Six said:

But if Rhaegar was the father then what about the physical characteristics? They definitely have all lighter features. Wouldn't some of that be in Jon? 

No, Jon can still be Rhaegar's kid and not have any of his physical appearances that happens. 

Rhaegar's daughter with Elia who was named Rhaenys looked liked a Martell and his son Aegon looked liked a Targ. 

There was a link somewhere about this, listing all the possibilities but I cant get it to open. Its pretty compelling for Rhaegar being Jons Dad.

Also I have dark hair and eyes and my daughter is blonde fair and blue eyed like her Father, it happens. Just how the gene pool works.  

1 hour ago, Christopher Six said:

What if Robert is Jons father? In the first chapter when we meet Jon Snow he looks stronger and has darker features. Who else has dark features? Yes, I know he has brown hair but a darker brown hair. Also I interpreted the stag that killed the direwolf in the beginning as Robert having a child that killed Lyanna

Also there is a year span of when the war started and the tourney at harrenhall
So maybe he got jealous and really proved to Lyanna that he loved her. And maybe things happened.

Yes I know the war lasted possibly over a year. But we are actually never given the actual date of when it stops.....why.....because of Jon. And really all that I have seen is that the war lasted about a year? That could mean under or over a year. So what if it was just right under a year of war? Is it possible that her pregnancy was that long, because that would also explain why she died. Because of stress she never went into giving birth.

Also what if Lyanna didn't want him to be king. Maybe she wanted him to be a Stark so he could never be around piles of lies and schemes, or if she didn't want the child out of wedlock.

So what do you guys think.....is this possible at all? I think it could at least be possible right?   

1 hour ago, Christopher Six said:

How is it not probable? Also I just wanted a debate because many people believe in many other theories. What do you believe in?

I don't think it's likely for a number if reasons, but if you are interested in a serious debate on this question, look at this

No, for multiple reasons.

Timeline: the Tourney at Harrenhal, the latest possible opportunity for Robert, was in 281. Jon Snow was born around the Sack of King's Landing in 283.

If Jon is the son of Robert and Lyanna, there's no need for Ned to keep it secret, at a great personal cost.

"The seed is strong": it's established that natural children of Robert Baratheon's share some very distinctive features, which Jon Snow doesn't have.

And nothing in the text suggesting Robert has ever got Lyanna, even if for a short moment.

Let it rest in peace, this theory is a dead parrot.

I think Brandon Stark is another possibility. As we know, Brandon was a womanizer and has slept with some women in the South. Ashara Dayne was one of them, right? She is also a strong candidate for Jon's mother and then it would explain why Jon is so good at fighting, since Ashara's brother was ARTHUR DAYNE, Sword of the Morning himself. Brandon was also very good at swordfighting. I think it would be cool if Jon turned out to be Brandon's son. That Rhaegar and Lyanna theory is just...I don't know. Although there are things that suggest Lyanna gave birth before she died, it's just a little far fetched. Jon is dark, darker than Lyanna was I believe. If he was Rhaegar's son, wouldn't he at least have purple eyes?

6 minutes ago, Valens said:

I think Brandon Stark is another possibility. As we know, Brandon was a womanizer and has slept with some women in the South. Ashara Dayne was one of them, right?

So, Jon Snow is the son of Brandon Stark and Ashara Dayne, and Ned kept it secret for what reason, now?

6 minutes ago, Valens said:

She is also a strong candidate for Jon's mother and then it would explain why Jon is so good at fighting, since Ashara's brother was ARTHUR DAYNE, Sword of the Morning himself. Brandon was also very good at swordfighting. I think it would be cool if Jon turned out to be Brandon's son. That Rhaegar and Lyanna theory is just...I don't know. Although there are things that suggest Lyanna gave birth before she died, it's just a little far fetched. Jon is dark, darker than Lyanna was I believe. If he was Rhaegar's son, wouldn't he at least have purple eyes?

The same would apply to Ashara Dayne's son...

2 minutes ago, Ferocious Veldt Roarer said:

So, Jon Snow is the son of Brandon Stark and Ashara Dayne, and Ned kept it secret for what reason, now?

The same would apply to Ashara Dayne's son...

Who knows why he'd keep it a secret...maybe he wanted Jon to feel like his own son, not a bastard son of his brother. A result of a one night stand with Ashara Dayne. ;) Jon is more handsome than Eddard, in the show anyway, I don't know about the books. Brandon was more handsome than Eddard. There is a possible connection.

4 hours ago, Christopher Six said:

But if Rhaegar was the father then what about the physical characteristics? They definitely have all lighter features. Wouldn't some of that be in Jon? 

Throughout the Westeros history we have, the first born children of a Targaryen almost always, always looks like the mother. A clever trick George came up with to help foster speculation and theories. 

Jon looks like Lyanna, but his personality and mannerisms are very Rhaegar-like.

Adding: about the Targ purple eyes. Never are the eyes just generic, crayon purple. They are always a shade of purple from light violet to dark indigo. Rhaegar had dark indigo eyes, often described as being so dark they look black in certain light. Jon had dark eyes that are so dark they look black in certain light. 

Archived