Which main characters' deaths are you certain will happen before the story ends?

James Steller

The story, at this point could go almost anywhere, or so it seems to me. But of the main characters such as Jon, Sansa, Bran, Arya, Tyrion, Daenerys, Jaime, and Theon, which of them do you think will die before the story ends? And I mean certain enough that you'd be willing to put money down on your guesses.

Well, it depends on how much money, and if it's my money I'm betting.

However, I'll go with Theon.  He's been so abused, and his health has been broken to the point that he won't need much 'help' to pass along. 

I would be willing to bet my next paycheck that Cersei, Littlefinger, and Stannis will be dead by the end.  There is too much foreshadowing and they have too many enemies for them to survive

And while not absolutely sure, I strongly suspect that Jaime and Theon will be gone as well.  I think their stories have run their course.

btw, my next check is pretty small, so I'm not betting very much :D.

Lady Stoneheart, just because there will be no resolution to any story regarding the Freys, the Riverlands, Brienne, and now Jaime, if she doesn't die.

At least two out of four of the main Tyrells: Loras, Margaery, Mace and Olenna. Willas and Garlan could go either way.

Grenn, Pypar, Delorous Edd, Allister Thorne, Bowen Marsh, Cotter Pyke, Denys Mallister. I think that a fair amount of the Night's Watch are going to die pretty soon. Maybe not all of them, but a large portion of them.

Id definitely bet on Tommen, Myrcella, Margery, Cersei, Jaime, Stannis, Selyse, Shireen, Bowen Marsh, Melissandre, Danaerys, Jon Con, Aegon, Barristan, Victarion, Varys, Ilyrio, and LF dying.  Pretty sure more will die but I'd stick a 20 on each of those and expect to come out with a nice paycheck.

People I’m convinced won’t survive:

Dany

Robert Arryn

Victarion

Ser Barristan

Stannis

Cersei

Jon Connington

Roose

Brienne

I’m about 75% sure that this lot will also shuffle off:

Daario

Melisandre

Edd

Littlefinger

Hizdahr zo Loraq

Jaime

Aeron

And 50/50 with:

Tyrion

Walder Frey

Theon

Ramsay

Some of this is based on book hints and forum threads etc, but largely it’s just what my gut is telling me. Of course tomorrow it may tell me something different. (I moved some of my names around even as I was typing them out.) There's no Stark kids in there 'cause I can never make up my mind about their fates.

7 hours ago, Jam On Toast said:

Within the last few minutes i've been thinking, would it really be past GRRM to have the others win? A Dream of Spring could be just that, few survivors dreaming for a miracle?

So to answer the thread, all but Tyrion.

He's said it will be bittersweet and that some are going to make it, because he's been getting asked this for a long time

I love her but Arya is dead for sure. The only way she wins is FM gettingtheir shit rocked

4 hours ago, Damsel in Distress said:

Jon.  Someone who screws up as much as he has should have been dead by now. 

He kind of already is...

As for my list

Those I think will be dead at the end:

Cersei, Jon, and Tyrion

Those I think will be alive at the end:

Sansa, Jaime, Theon, and Samwell

Those I'm not sure what their fate will be:

Bran and Arya (leaning towards dead), Daenerys (leaning towards alive)

This list has heavy bias so I am not sure at all how accurate it will be proven to be but that is my assessment at the moment.

Archived