[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Reprecussions - Season 6, Tally-Ho

Ran

6 minutes ago, Sir Loin Steak said:

I don't even have the words for Dorne, not yet at least.

Brienne's new theme sounded like they lifted the battle music from Man of Steel.

Poor Carol, she was so happy over something non-evil for once she was practically skipping along to the docks, then she was so crushed she went mad and started claiming Jamie is a prophet.

LOL  It was worth popping in again for that observation.  

Ah, otherwise, don't feel like talking about the show, yet.  I can't believe how much of it just pisses me off.  I'd like to know what it is D&D even fucking intend.........at this point.  It's not telling George's story, and honestly, all I think they really want.....is to be done with it.  It shows.  

15 minutes ago, Marcus Agrippa said:

How bad is this? I was competely serious when I said I wasn't watching. It sounds like doran or trystan died.... so... what's the point of dorne again?

Girl Power, of course. Supposedly there is going to be lot of girl power this coming season. We've already seen Brienne and Sand Snakes doing it. 

7 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

What was the point of that ending? I know I could ask that about pretty much every scene, but the ending in particular. What the hell was the point?

It's probably to set up a storyline in later episodes where glamor is used.

Fuck me. Not surprised one bit though. I mean, it was obvious after s 4 & especially 5 that there was no way in seven hells they'd get their "story", if we can call it that, back on track. 

But had a few good laughs, although I'm not sure that's what they were going for. 

Fuck this stupid fucking show. 

9 minutes ago, shk12344 said:

Girl Power, of course. Supposedly there is going to be lot of girl power this coming season. We've already seen Brienne and Sand Snakes doing it. 

I feel empty and disappointed. I always figured it would be a different family who killed Doran.

I feel empty and disappointed. I always figured it would be a different family who killed Doran.

This may be the lowest point of the show.  Not only did nearly nothing happen, but all of it made NO FREAKING SENSE.  Like what in the hell?

-The traitors leave the body, but then they...what?  Want it back?  Why are they besieging Davos and the like?  To get the body back?  Then why did they leave it to begin with?  Really, what are they trying to accomplish here?

-Sansa and Theon escape.  It's all well and fine, I suppose.  Then suddenly six armed, armored and horsed men attack and...we're left to believe Brienne and Pod fought them all off?  Where'd the dogs run off to in the middle of all this?  Why, when Brienne is unhorsed, did everyone run off and climb off their own horses instead of taking advantage?  Why does Sansa have no reaction to this strange woman who came from nowhere to save her?  She just rolls with it.  Like hey, some armored chick from the south that's bigger than most men just saved my arse.  Cool.  My own personal knight.

-Tyrion and Varys talk.  Don't recall a single thing they said, for all the importance of their conversation.  Oh yeah, there was a jibe about Varys being a eunuch.  That was...so very first season.  And then, screaming, terror, fire!  Have the dragons escaped?!  Nah.  The harpies set fire to the ships.  So they want Dany and her forces to leave...then take away their method of leaving.  What the...

-Doran and Hotah...I cannot...  Books can be written about how awful this scene is.  What was the point of this character and their planning and patience if you're going to do literally nothing with them?  These people all love Oberyn so much...yet kill his beloved brother in cold blood.  More than that, they end his line.  Who is going to step in next?  The lover of the dead younger brother?  One of the bastard daughters?  Dorne has all the makings of a massive power vacuum because of this lot, and they think they're about to go to war??  And Doran and his bodyguard being killed before a massive lot of his own personal guard, and none of them bat an eyelash.  What?  You're telling me their corruption ran so deep that dozens, if not hundreds, of men were made aware of what was to come enough so that they didn't even flinch when their lord was stabbed to death?  Hell, they didn't even try to stop the man that ran away, just watched on, letting him pass while one of the snakes offed him.  What in the hell was that?

-All that just to be followed by Trystane. Wasn't he on a boat too?  I recall only seeing the one last season.  And even if there were more, how did Jaime arrive back so much sooner?  Why did he make no attempt to capture him?  How did the sand snakes even get aboard?  Why is Trystane's reaction upon seeing his cousins to grab a weapon to defend himself?  Do the showrunners realize this is supposed to be family?  Hell, do they realize this is kinslaying, and that a massive stigma has been place in the story about doing just that?

-We get more from Kings Landing.  Nothing happens.  Marg is still imprisoned and they still want her to confess.  Ok?  Cersei and Jaime are angry and they swear revenge.  Ok?  We waited a year to learn this?

-Similar with Arya.  Yeah, she's blind.  And now your training of her has apparently come down to beating a blind girl in the middle of a street in broad daylight.  You couldn't think up something more interesting than blind combat training?  That's really what w'ere going to take out of this story arc?

-Then the ending.  Ok, Mel is an old lady.  Ok?  Looking for a purpose to this scene...somewhere?  Anywhere?  Why am I looking at old woman tits?  Anyone?  Bueller?

I don't know how it could have been worse... The dialogue was just too bad. The hounds following Sansa unfortunately didn't killed her, Theon and Brienne and took me out of my misery.

Well, I guess we were right about Sansa going to Castle Black, reuniting with Davos and UnJon and going to Bear Island.

Carol was just depressing. Pretty sad, to see her this way. She deserves so much better.  

8 minutes ago, b09boy said:

This may be the lowest point of the show.  Not only did nearly nothing happen, but all of it made NO FREAKING SENSE.  Like what in the hell?

-The traitors leave the body, but then they...what?  Want it back?  Why are they besieging Davos and the like?  To get the body back?  Then why did they leave it to begin with?  Really, what are they trying to accomplish here?

-Tyrion and Varys talk.  Don't recall a single thing they said, for all the importance of their conversation.  Oh yeah, there was a jibe about Varys being a eunuch.  That was...so very first season.  And then, screaming, terror, fire!  Have the dragons escaped?!  Nah.  The harpies set fire to the ships.  So they want Dany and her forces to leave...then take away their method of leaving.  What the...

-Doran and Hotah...I cannot...  Books can be written about how awful this scene is.  What was the point of this character and their planning and patience if you're going to do literally nothing with them?  These people all love Oberyn so much...yet kill his beloved brother in cold blood.  More than that, they end his line.  Who is going to step in next?  The lover of the dead younger brother?  One of the bastard daughters?  Dorne has all the makings of a massive power vacuum because of this lot, and they think they're about to go to war??  And Doran and his bodyguard being killed before a massive lot of his own personal guard, and none of them bat an eyelash.  What?  You're telling me their corruption ran so deep that dozens, if not hundreds, of men were made aware of what was to come enough so that they didn't even flinch when their lord was stabbed to death?  Hell, they didn't even try to stop the man that ran away, just watched on, letting him pass while one of the snakes offed him.  What in the hell was that?

-All that just to be followed by Trystane. Wasn't he on a boat too?  I recall only seeing the one last season.  And even if there were more, how did Jaime arrive back so much sooner?  Why did he make no attempt to capture him?  How did the sand snakes even get aboard?  Why is Trystane's reaction upon seeing his cousins to grab a weapon to defend himself?  Do the showrunners realize this is supposed to be family?  Hell, do they realize this is kinslaying, and that a massive stigma has been place in the story about doing just that?

-We get more from Kings Landing.  Nothing happens.  Marg is still imprisoned and they still want her to confess.  Ok?  Cersei and Jaime are angry and they swear revenge.  Ok?  We waited a year to learn this?

-Then the ending.  Ok, Mel is an old lady.  Ok?  Looking for a purpose to this scene...somewhere?  Anywhere?  Why am I looking at old woman tits?  Anyone?  Bueller?

There is much and more to like about this post! And they're still shitting on Stannis, D$D are telling the audience "Stannis totally tapped that, yeah"!!

50 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOL  It was worth popping in again for that observation.  

Ah, otherwise, don't feel like talking about the show, yet.  I can't believe how much of it just pisses me off.  I'd like to know what it is D&D even fucking intend.........at this point.  It's not telling George's story, and honestly, all I think they really want.....is to be done with it.  It shows.  

Yeah, that was hammered in really well, it's not GRRM's story at all. There are completely different characters, it's being really generous to even call them characters at all. They are moving shapes that emit sound once in a while. I have no idea what they are doing or why, and I don't care.

I may change my mind about not posting...my prediction of a Katrina-like disaster was not an over-the-top metaphor I guess. Didn't watch but am still in awe just by reading it.

Jaysus HOW are D/D going to explain this tomorrow? Or their official apologists on After The Thrones? I mean, it's only Episode 1 and already we have:

-a naked old woman, full frontal, I don't think that was intended as an Empowering statement about old women!

-a guy in a wheelchair brutally murdered, apparently

-a blind person savagely beaten--by another girl, no less

-let's not forget D/D's Rape Quota for the show, a near-rape of Dany and our new piece of Emmy-winning script, "white p**y hair*, that's an official insult to ladyparts everywhere! Femisnists should be outraged at those 3 words alone!

And this is only episode 1! I  hope D/D get into hot water with all kinds of groups!

Poor Martin. I 'm sure friends are letting him know the sorry details even now....

Archived