NFL 2016 Draft: To 6 More Rounds Of Misery And Joy!

Mr. Chatywin et al.

Just now, Trebla said:

LOVED the reaction by the Jets fan and IMHO totally deserved. As I said in the prior thread, he's the one player I didn't want the Cowboys to draft. 

My fingers are crossed that this is the latest addition to the "tortured Jets fans at the draft" highlight reel. 

Just now, James Arryn said:

Hackensack goes early. Just an odd player, like a catcher who suddenly can't throw to 2nd.

He got absolutely murdered his last two years behind a porous O-line. It was brutal to watch and definitely stunted his progression. He was a bit of a whiner too.

3 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

He got absolutely murdered his last two years behind a porous O-line. It was brutal to watch and definitely stunted his progression. He was a bit of a whiner too.

I hear you. Honestly, he could be a player. His development's been so weird that there's no real way to project. I've heard the 'spoiled brat' thing, though.

Cravens has architectural hair.

9 minutes ago, Ramsay Blow said:

JA, our boy certainly impressed them Bucs. Weird.

Yeah, he's exceptional, but I wonder how much this is an extreme shade of the new normal. I'm now awaiting the German wr going soon just to add to the zany.

Waited around tonight... Now just five picks away from seeing who the Niners grab.  Hoping the Cowboys decide to draft Cook and take the option out of Baalke's hands.

3 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Waited around tonight... Now just five picks away from seeing who the Niners grab.  Hoping the Cowboys decide to draft Cook and take the option out of Baalke's hands.

Fuck, yes. I unlike Cook so much. I mean, if he's still there in a couple rounds, sure...maybe he'll be the latest qb whose accuracy jumps up significantly when he gets to the NFL...

After taking a defensive player that won't play next season, you would think Dallas might need to go defense again with the 3rd. But the 2nd round was almost all defensive players so I'm wondering if their board is loaded with offense in the 3rd. QB? WR? QB's Connor Cook and Dak Prescott still there. So is WR Braxton Miller. Miller is said to be raw but HUGE upside.

4 minutes ago, Trebla said:

After taking a defensive player that won't play next season, you would think Dallas might need to go defense again with the 3rd. But the 2nd round was almost all defensive players so I'm wondering if their board is loaded with offense in the 3rd. QB? WR? QB's Connor Cook and Dak Prescott still there. So is WR Braxton Miller. Miller is said to be raw but HUGE upside.

I can strongly recommend Cook. He wins a lot and his names start with the same letter.

Agree on Miller...bit wary of conversion types due to recent mehness, but he's got real tools.

1 minute ago, James Arryn said:

I can strongly recommend Cook. He wins a lot and his names start with the same letter.

There's something to be said about alliteration.  But I just can't get onboard with a trend of cutesy names.  I'd never go for a QB named Connor, Dalton, Houston... Blaine.

Just now, James Arryn said:

Thank god Baalke's fetish for medical progress overrides his fetish for Cook.

Yes.  If he free falls to the fourth, I'm fine with taking Cook then.

Archived