The Siege Of Riverrun

[Deleted]

Looks like we're finally getting the long-awaited, action packed siege! Huzzah!

But I got to thinking... If the Tully army is going to take place in the Battle Of The Bastards in Episode 9 like has been rumored, that's going to be a pretty short siege. I fear the Blackfish may get Osha-ed in this episode: Shows up just to be like "Hey, remember this guy????" before being uncerimoniously dispatched of, and that will pretty much be that for the Siege.

Then, uh... Somehow... Sansa.... Does something and gets the Tully army to agree to march north.

Looking forward to see what sort of gymnastics D&D pull to introduce and wrap this up in minimal time.

Here's my hope...

Blackfish and Jaime have a nice long 5-10 minute talk... mostly just BF degrading Jaime as a human.  But hopefully he somehow mentions Brienne of Tarth protecting Sansa and how they turned up at the Wall after being captive in her own home.  

DREAM SCENARIO: Jaime joins the North's cause

26 minutes ago, cometa said:

Plausible ;-)

I hope!

Spoiler

I don't know if you read the book... 

Don't go below if you haven't..

But just after Jaime's conversation with Blackfish in the book he is about to take off with Brienne to see Stoneheart.  My dream scenario could match up with the book even if it is wishful thinking... assuming Stoneheart demands Brienne and Jaime to double their efforts in support of Sansa which will ultimately be Jon.  

Considering that Blackfish probably ain't gonna pull an Legolas-like invincible killer machine and kill all the Freys and Lannisters himself, he has two options - stay in the castle or leave. I suppose that he may give up on Riverrun if told that Sansa needs him but it's hard to say how he would leave it with the army. What if they

play the "we're soooo gonna kill Edmure" game from the books and while all of them being distracted by it, the Brotherhood would come (with Mallisters and Blackwoods - if they aren't in Riverrun as well) and kill Freys+Lannisters, freeing Edmure and capturing Jaime and Brienne to lead them to LSH?

I suppose that this scenario would take more episodes than one though.

11 minutes ago, Gurthnar said:

Might be the siege will be over within episode 7.

Any idea where else could the scene with dead bodied on the grass come from? 0:30

Damn... good point.  I guess there has to be some sort of battle at Riverrun. 

Blackfish and Jaime will have words.  Maybe mention of Sansa and Jon rallying the North.  Jaime apologizes but says he will take Riverrun anyway.

Mid battle he realizes how stupid it is.. his King just dishonored him.. his family is hopeless.. so he flips sides mid siege and they butcher the Freys.

1 hour ago, The Answer said:

Damn... good point.  I guess there has to be some sort of battle at Riverrun. 

Blackfish and Jaime will have words.  Maybe mention of Sansa and Jon rallying the North.  Jaime apologizes but says he will take Riverrun anyway.

Mid battle he realizes how stupid it is.. his King just dishonored him.. his family is hopeless.. so he flips sides mid siege and they butcher the Freys.

Or maybe Brienne persuades him to flip sides. Remember Sansa is sending her down to Riverrun.

3 hours ago, The Answer said:

Here's my hope...

Blackfish and Jaime have a nice long 5-10 minute talk... mostly just BF degrading Jaime as a human.  But hopefully he somehow mentions Brienne of Tarth protecting Sansa and how they turned up at the Wall after being captive in her own home.  

DREAM SCENARIO: Jaime joins the North's cause

I think there's more chance his hand growing back. I'm just curious whose feet are walking through the apparently dead men at the end of the trailer.

15 minutes ago, Olorin81 said:

Or maybe Brienne persuades him to flip sides. Remember Sansa is sending her down to Riverrun.

Good point

I did consider that but I just thought it was way too damn far!  Castle Black to Riverrun is a freaking HIKE.  But shoot I guess if Jaime is travelling from KL to Riverrun in 1 episode, maybe Brienne can hike down south in 2 eps.  

6 minutes ago, the tower of albion said:

I think there's more chance his hand growing back. I'm just curious whose feet are walking through the apparently dead men at the end of the trailer.

It's Edmure in raggedy clothes slowly approaching his new friend Jaime.

By the way.. I'm 95% Optimist 5% Realist

2 hours ago, 2 Stags Short of a Dragon said:

It seems likely that the show will follow the books on the Riverrun encounter

Hide contents

which means no battle for Riverrun and the Blackfish will barely have time to plot his own escape, let alone sneak out with an army that could get through the Twins and tip the balance in the Battle of the Bastards. 

Probably, in the interviews Menzies says that

Spoiler

Edmyre having a very difficult decision to betray his own family. So probably Freys would threaten his pregnant wife to get him to get Blackfish to surrender. 

So, Jaime strides up to Riverrun and has that talk with Blackfish that we see in trailer going so well. Then Brianne shows up and asks Jaime to let her have a try convincing Blackfish to surrender peacefully. And then Blackfish surrenders Riverrun to save Edmyre and escapes with his army North to join Sansa.

5 hours ago, Gurthnar said:

Any idea where else could the scene with dead bodied on the grass come from? 0:30

Hope Hope Hope - Nymeria!!!!!

8 hours ago, Gurthnar said:

It doesn't seem like a battleground so much as it seems a massacre - the people on the ground are wearing civilian clothing (kind of like what Arya wore in King's Landing in season 1). 

I wonder if this is maybe a Brotherhood Without Banners scene? Or maybe a Bran flashback?

It doesn't appear as though it's from the siege at all - color-wise, the outside of Rivverun seems a lot more gloomy, dark, and grey, whereas that scene is quite a vibrant grass color. 

NOTE - Bran's flashback scenes have been quite colorful, and have used quite creative camera shots like that one of someone's feet

I did read a few "spoilers" before the season started and one the things they mention I could see happening. I see BF and Jaime talking shit --- BF knowing his forces are outmanned and seeing Edmure challenges Jaime to a duel trial by combat sorta deal...Jaime not wanting to siege agrees - but switches Bronn as his champion...and we all know Bronn is unkillable on the show - he kills BF - Jaime lets Edmure and the Tully forces go and they head North...

What really turns Jaime in the books was Tyrion letting him know about Cercei and Lancel and the moonboys and whatnot. 

I think Bronn will spill the beans about Lancel and that would definitely set Jaime off the Lannister reservation. Plus the news of Brienne fulfilling her/his oath to Lady Cat would also sway him to the other side. I dont think it is plausible that the Blackfish could get an army to the North by episode 9 for the BotB with the Freys AND Lannisters in the way to slow them down.

12 hours ago, the tower of albion said:

I'm pretty confident those feet belong to a certain gravedigger...

Isn't there another clip that was in the teaser trailer for season 6 where Podrick is snatched up by someone as they are all standing there? Was thinking with the above mentioned clip that it could lead to Brienne and Podrick bumpin' into The Brotherhood Without Banners; and the feet we see picking their way through the dead belong to Lady StoneHeart.

And OAN with regards to who will Champion The Faith against UnGregor, my money is on Loras Tyrell. I believe that in Tommen aligning with the Faith to save Margery, she would have made it a term of the bargain to get her brother released. 

And of course i can't wait to see McShane as Maribald and the return of Sandor Clegane! 

Archived