The Red Wedding, The Purple Wedding and The ... Trial?

On 6/28/2016 at 7:20 PM, AGS Martell said:

I liked the name given by the OST: Light of the seven
It's even better if we take into account that 7 were the characters that we cared about and died while this was played:
Margaery 
Loras 
Mace 
High Sparrow
Kevan
Lancel
Pycelle

Margaery - Maiden
Loras - Warrior
Mace - Mother (I know he's not a woman but he fits the nurturing descriotion)
High Sparrow - Father
Kevan - Smith
Lancel - Stranger
Pycelle - Crone

I know I'm probably reading too much into this but I think it would be a cool interpretation of events :rolleyes:

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 2:27 PM, Cron said:

Good thoughts, but Jaime would cut down Lancel in about 3 seconds.

Especially with Bronn next to him.

With Bronn, sure, but Lancel vs one-handed Jaime? I'm not too sure. We saw on the Blackwater that Lancel is not completely hopeless in a fight.

On 2016-06-28 at 5:48 AM, Lyin' Ned said:

The Trial of the Century. Cersei is the original O.J. 

That would make her the Original Cersei, or as we in the soft-sciences say, The O.C.

7 hours ago, Trump the Builder said:

Definitely The Green Trial.  like a play off of the Green Mile.

I don't see any connection between this scene and that movie, other than the word green, but yes, I think the name will stick. Though I would prefer Trial by Fire, but I don't think it will stick, even though it sounds cool.

On June 28, 2016 at 11:20 AM, John Suburbs said:

The Blackwater was no secret, I can see Margy knowing what kind of firepower Cersei has access to and putting it together at the last moment. It wouldn't be like she definitely knew the sept would go up in wildfire, but "this is Cersei we're dealing with, so the best result would be her fleeing the city. The worst would be..."

But I think it would have been cool if Margy suddenly stopped panicking and fixed the High Sparrow with a cold stare and said "You know what happened on the Blackwater, don't you?" and then the shock of understanding on his face and he is just about to order his guards to clear the sept and whoosh...

And yeah, the whole Lancel sequence was idiotic. In fact, it would have been better if Lancel had been halfway to the Red Keep when the sept went up. That would likely have left him as the most senior member of the FM, hell bent on retribu, er, holy justice for the queen. Could have been a major showdown with Jaime next season.

Agreed Margaery didn't know exactly the danger at hand, she just realized they were all in danger. And yeah nobody in Planetos is forgetting the Battle of Blackwater Bay anytime soon. 

I think Margaery did give him that cold stare just before the explosion, just no dialogue.

As for the Kingslayer squaring off with robot Lancel, never would've happened. Because Jaime is the volanqar from Maggy's prophecy. He's gonna add Queenslaying to his portfolio. She killed thier last child, along with doing exactly what he killed the Mad King for ordering done.

16 hours ago, PyromancersPiss said:

Agreed Margaery didn't know exactly the danger at hand, she just realized they were all in danger. And yeah nobody in Planetos is forgetting the Battle of Blackwater Bay anytime soon. 

I think Margaery did give him that cold stare just before the explosion, just no dialogue.

As for the Kingslayer squaring off with robot Lancel, never would've happened. Because Jaime is the volanqar from Maggy's prophecy. He's gonna add Queenslaying to his portfolio. She killed thier last child, along with doing exactly what he killed the Mad King for ordering done.

You're sure it's going to be Jaime? He's not the only younger brother in the story.

One interesting way to look at it might be to consider what the event will be known as within the story itself. The show actually used The Red Wedding and I think that worked pretty well.

I spose it depends a bit who might be reffering the events in question, the people most likely to seem to be either those of a religious inclination(or the Faith itself or overwise) or the Tyrells. On the religious side I would say something like "the grand blasphemy".

Archived