Myrcella the black Dragon's Queen?

norwaywolf123

Quick summary of and idea i had

It is said in Maggy's prophecy that Cersei kids all will weir crowns. Joffrey and Tommen has already been crowned but how will Myrcella be crowned? Is it possible that Aegon will marry Myrcella? That way he will gain the support od the westerlands who supported aegon the third against rhaneyra who i see as the old daenerys. Coincidence? Maybe myrcella can die in childbirth and cersei like allicent will grow old to see all her kids and grandkids die?! Myrcella is around 10-11 so if Aegon marries her when she is 12 there is larger risk of death in childbirth since she is so young.

Haldon Halfmeaster i think suggested that Jon Connington become LP of the Stormsland and even marry a dornish princess(Arianne) if this is the cast then marrying myrcella would also be possible for Aegon. Tommen can die or just take his mothers name. 

Imagined pairing in this scenario

Arianne Martell/Jon Connington or Red Ronnet "Since Jon has greyscale he might let a kinsman get the honor..."

Myrcella Baratheon/ Aegon Targaryen Blackfyre

It isn't the most implausible scenario. I do suspect Tommen will die somewhat early in Winds and the Lannister-Tyrell alliance will crumble. Maybe Connington intercepts Myrcella on her way back from Dorne? 

On the other hand, how much revenge should Aegon want on the people who killed his mother and sister? Aegon may also want to wed Daenerys.

9 hours ago, PCK said:

It isn't the most implausible scenario. I do suspect Tommen will die somewhat early in Winds and the Lannister-Tyrell alliance will crumble. Maybe Connington intercepts Myrcella on her way back from Dorne? 

On the other hand, how much revenge should Aegon want on the people who killed his mother and sister? Aegon may also want to wed Daenerys.

Myrcella is not a confirmed bastard officaly in westeros

Interesting topic! To be honest, I just assumed 'gold their crowns' could just mean royal, ie Myrcella is a princess and wears a gold crown. But to be crowned does fit better. Perhaps Tommen will die and Myrcella will take the Iron Thone after him? Somehow I doubt Aegon will marry her. For one, politically the Baratheons aren't worth much to him. And two, he's an attractive, impressionable young man who would presumably prefer the beautiful Dany or Arianne to the disfigured Myrcella. :( Purely conjecture, of course!

37 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Yet everyone know that she is. 

Well as readers we do, but you have to remember only a few people in Westeros know this as fact. Thanks to Tyrion it was mostly passed off as an ugly rumor by Stannis.

4 minutes ago, anraeful said:

Well as readers we do, but you have to remember only a few people in Westeros know this as fact. Thanks to Tyrion it was mostly passed off as an ugly rumor by Stannis.

Not true. It seems that most people know it but they don't care. Only Ned and Stannis cared but everyone know it. Heck they even taunt Cersei with that.

2 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Yet everyone know that she is. 

Kevan did not, but he began doubting that Robert was the father tho. Most people think it is impossible that Jaime and Cersei would have incest babies and simply think that the royal children take after the mother.

4 minutes ago, norwaywolf123 said:

Kevan did not, but he began doubting that Robert was the father tho. Most people think it is impossible that Jaime and Cersei would have incest babies and simply think that the royal children take after the mother.

Yet what we know from the books most of them know but they just don't care, like JonCon and Aegon would care. Aegon has absolutely nothing to gain by marrying Myrcella.

It is not without precedent that the conquering monarch weds the daughter of the previous royal house. But I had always thought Myrcella becomes Queen in her own right, but that it is a fleeting reign. I see Myrcella's reign as possibly being similar to Lady Jayne Grey. The 9 day Queen. And the first Queen of England after the only previous female claimant Matilda, whose story closely resembles that of Rhaenyra.

Jeyne was named heir by Edward VI to avoid his sister taking the throne, I think  of course Tommen's succession is far more clear cut, with Myrcella being his actual sister, and so when he dies of course she is named Queen.

But that given the similarity with her being the first female Monarch after the discredited Rhaenyra, mirroring Matilda, her reign might mirror Jeyne's Who's Queenship came to an abrupt end when the privy council changed their minds, and backed Mary I's claim instead. With The Small Council,  now weighted heavily with Tyrell's and Martell's & their loyalists; crowning Myrcella as Cersei wishes, but then turning within a brief period to fAegon Targayen VI and deposing Myrcella, in his favour. Thus Cersei see's all her children crowned and dead. I lean towards an execution for poor Myrcella and Cersei being bereft and distraught. Having lost all her power and all her children being returned to Casterly rock to be kept as a glorified prisoner, and there meeting her death at Jaime's hand. I have long struggled with the idea of him ever returning to KL. As I think his future lies very much with the BWB and Brienne. But Cersei being taken to CR places her a lot closer to him in the RL's and there is a long tradition of ladies being kept under house arrest basically, rather than executed. Myrcella is the threat to fAegon's claim, without her children Cersei is no threat and with the power of her house shattered by the losses of Tywin, Kevan, jaime & Tyrion, and a huge chunk of their fighting men there is very little she can do but accept the confinement.

I realise this is all pretty wild guessing, so please don't take this theory too seriously. More exploration than serious thought has gone into this post. 

I think the text points more strongly towards Arianne. Myrcella is believed to be the Kingslayer's bastard through his sister at worst, and the daughter of the man who killed Aegon's "father" at best. Connington wouln't want Aegon to marry her and Aegon likely wouldn't. 

Why would Vary's and or Jon Con even consider this? Doran does not yet know if FAegon is real or not but there is suspicion that he is not legit which is why he is investigating. Once more sending a family member off too investigate, like Oberyn, and  Quentyn, I am sure this will end well for Arianne as she walks into a Sellsword Camp, to meet a false prince being led by a guy who secretly has Greyscale. Because moments like this always turn out well in the books.

No reason for Doran to do anything with his hostage other than keep her close, I mean if the enough Lannisters die, he is the guardian of the heir to the Rock.

Jon Con wants to wait for Dany, and as we have seen FAegon has the patience of a table flipping saint. That is to say he has no patience.

And Varys could make better arrangements, but chances are he would rather wait for Dany as well. 

I don't see any incentive for anyone to try and put these two kids together.

Now on the Other hand the Red Rose of Winterfell is out and about. Kind of like the Blue rose of Winterfell but this one is red and a girl. And if I am not mistaken there is a little mouse in her house and the mouse has ties to Varys and oh what a splendid arrangement that would make for the Spider. Would be a nice little upgrade for Sansa, sure her last perfect Prince was a bit of a disaster, but as long she perhaps buys some stock in a table manufacturing company, it shouldn't be to bad.

Now I don't know if something like that could happen but it seems like the odds are a bit more in it's favor that at least some form of attempt in world could be made. Who knows how it plays out but Varys did have a price on her head, as the mouse related to us and the Mouse is currently in the house. And of course you have the Blue rose crown given to Lyanna at a tourney and the red rose given to Sansa at the tourney by a guy done up like a blue rose. Not the real rose you want, or the real Targaryen you want for the purpose of the end game, but it seems like that typical cyclical parallel thing he does, and it creates a nice juxtaposition for the end game. Arianne and Sansa, Elia and Lyanna, history repeats in some form. 

Think about it like this Jon has Val in his story right now right? Well after we get back what are some things to note about Val? Blonde, Blue eyes, wearing mostly white but the author goes out of his way to point our her little broach. Will call it her sort of sigil and itis red and white, a weirwood broach. And who is Sansa currently connected with? Why Harrold a Blonde, Blue eyed, and the sigil of house Harding is? Red and white. A red rose and a blue rose. Interesting enough Harry is a bit like Robert, and of course you have supposed Rhaegar Son. It's nice a little parallel, it probably does not get executed the same way obviously but it will probably contain similar paths, ideas, symbolism, dynamics.

You also have Cersei and the Wildfire comments in the books, and of course possibly the Little Brother Jaime killing her we really end up getting this cyclical style of events reoccurring.

22 hours ago, norwaywolf123 said:

Arianne Martell/Jon Connington or Red Ronnet "Since Jon has greyscale he might let a kinsman get the honor..."

Myrcella Baratheon/ Aegon Targaryen Blackfyre

Hmm....I doubt Doran would settle for Arianne to marry anyone other than Aegon, provided that he is a real Targaryen. Doran signed the contract that would marry Arianne to Viserys which is a parallel to Mariah and Daeron, the eldest daughter becoming the wife of the Prince and the younger brother becoming Prince of Dorne. 

And Myrcella is already intended (and in his control) to marry his younger son, so why would a cautious man like Doran give up his bargaining chip like Myrcella and now the heir to the IT to wed her to an ally. 

Don't forget the over ripe blood oranges in Areo Hotah's POV as a symbolic form of Doran's plans.

I think Doran's ultimate goal has and always will be is to control the IT whether it was through his sister Elia, through his daughter marrying Viserys and maybe now an alliance with Aegon through marriage; Quentyn marrying Daenerys or Trystane marrying Myrcella. He is trying to play both sides against the middle.

And think about it this way, if Margaery loses her trial, Tommen would have to either execute her for treason or send her to the silent sisters and I doubt Tommen will be keen to take another wife after Margaery's betrayal and not to mention Cersei's wanting to remain in power. Therefore, Myrcella is Tommen's heir until either he designates an heir or another Great Counsel can be summoned. However since one of the Sand Snake is on the counsel, I doubt either of those things will happen and Tommen's murder will open the door for Myrcella to become Queen and have her bring her Dornishmen to court. Which we know will happen since she has already been manipulated by Arianne in the coup that was spoiled by Doran. 

For me the only options outside of Arianne for Aegon is Dany and Margaery that are politically profitable. However Dany is still in Mereen and Margaery is still Tommen's Queen and facing treason charges for adultery. Margaery could come into play if Tommen dies and she is found not guilty. Therefore the Tyrells' could ally with Aegon against the Lannisters but that is if Arianne isn't married to Aegon first.  

A lot of nice work in here!

18 hours ago, The Weirwoods Eyes said:

snip

Myrcella outliving Tommen and becoming Queen is something I have thought may happen, so very interesting to see there is a historical precedent.

11 hours ago, Ser Creighton said:

snip

Nice pick up on the parallels with Sansa and Jons current storylines.

20 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Not true. It seems that most people know it but they don't care. Only Ned and Stannis cared but everyone know it. Heck they even taunt Cersei with that.

I agree that the rumor is widely known, but not necessarily believed. I assume the fact that it originated from Stannis, who had the most to gain from Cerseis children being disinherited, makes it seem less convincing? At any rate, other than the smallfolk around Kings landing, most people seem content to not dig too deeply. So although we know that Myrcella is actually a bastard daughter, she is not seen as such by the other POV's, so your comment that (fake) Aegon wouldn't marry a bastard, wouldn't necessarily come in to play. Not to say I think he would marry her either, but for other reasons and not because she is a 'bastard' in his eyes.

Also, this got me thinking, am I right in assuming that as presently Tommen is King, Myrcella is now heir to Castery Rock? :blink:

11 hours ago, anraeful said:

Also, this got me thinking, am I right in assuming that as presently Tommen is King, Myrcella is now heir to Castery Rock? :blink:

Yes because Cersei is Lady of Casterly Rock. But Myrcella is also presently the unofficial heir to the Iron Throne. So if Cersei passes Casterly Rock to Myrcella [as her seat] then it would function like Dragonstone as the seat of the heir apparent to the Iron Throne during the Targaryen era. Joffrey nor Tommen ever bore a seat as heir apparent because Dragonstone belonged to Stannis, Stormsend to Renly and Casterly Rock to Tywin (Tyrion unofficially). 

On 8/14/2016 at 6:45 AM, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Yet what we know from the books most of them know but they just don't care, like JonCon and Aegon would care. Aegon has absolutely nothing to gain by marrying Myrcella.

I'm not sure that most people take the allegations that Cersei's children are bastards seriously. If that were the case the High Sparrow would be calling for Tommen to be deposed, which he hasn't done. And beyond that, there wouldn't be much interest in Margaery's alleged unfaithfulness to Tommen. 

Having Myrcella rather than Arianne marry Aegon is actually a very interesting possibility. 

43 minutes ago, Light a wight tonight said:

I'm not sure that most people take the allegations that Cersei's children are bastards seriously. If that were the case the High Sparrow would be calling for Tommen to be deposed, which he hasn't done. And beyond that, there wouldn't be much interest in Margaery's alleged unfaithfulness to Tommen. 

Having Myrcella rather than Arianne marry Aegon is actually a very interesting possibility. 

HS needed Tommen because the next trueborn heir is Stannis or Shireen. He doesn't really care if someone is trueborn or not he cares about who would be his puppet. I believe that people in Westeros do believe that they are bastards but for different reasons.

This theory doesn't make sense to me. 

If Aegon is a real Targaryen why would he marry the daughter of the Usurper and the granddaughter of the man that wordered his death and the death of his mother and sister or even worse if the rumors are true a Lannister born of incest? It would be almost a treasonous act. 

If he indeed is a black dragon (Blackfyre) he would not gain anything in marrying Myrcella plus for this to happen Trystane would have to die first which is not clear that will happen in the new book. And of course a marriage like this would blow up his cover possibly his Blackfyre origin which would cause many lords to withdrawn their support and infuriating Daenerys and the Martells. It would be a bad move.

I only see Aegon accepting marrying Daenerys or Arianne however he will probably marry Arianne since Doran will be almost obligated to arrange this betrothal because Aegon himself is half Martell supposedly. 

Archived