TTTNE CDLXVI - Return to Castle Spam-a-lot

King Tyrion I

2 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Heyyy :D:D nothing major I'm saving that for 2017 ( :P ) I've been fine though thanks for asking :). Hope all is well on your end and everyone else's :commie: 

I love this time of year. 

Well that was informative and detailed. :lol: I'm glad everything is okay though and fingers crossed for everything amazing major life events coming your way in 2017. 

Me too, I only wish I had time to get into a festive mood. Do you have any plans for Christmas yet? 

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

Good to see you again MA :)

I started watching Downton Abbey with my mom, I thought I wouldn't like this when I first heard it but frankly it's great.

I started watching downton abbey twice and I never got past episode one... o.O maybe I'll give it a third go. 

Awww, look! This is so cute.

19 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Well that was informative and detailed. :lol: I'm glad everything is okay though and fingers crossed for everything amazing major life events coming your way in 2017. 

Me too, I only wish I had time to get into a festive mood. Do you have any plans for Christmas yet? 

Thanks! When something worth elaborating on happens I'll let you know :P 

no plans really my mom and most of my family will be in a different state so I'll be spending Christmas pretty much alone but I'm gonna try and go out with friends or something. What are you gonna be up to? 

Hey First :)

35 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

:wub: 

1 hour ago, Mark Antony said:

Thanks! When something worth elaborating on happens I'll let you know :P 

no plans really my mom and most of my family will be in a different state so I'll be spending Christmas pretty much alone but I'm gonna try and go out with friends or something. What are you gonna be up to? 

Hey First :)

:wub: 

Good. Good :D 

oh that's not good, I hope you can go out with friends or have friends come over or something. :group hug: don't spend Christmas alone. 

Have another puppy!

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

Don't I get one? :(

A puppy? No.

1 hour ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

You are right but isn't he giving his gifts after the 6th of December?

I was wondering about the same earlier today. I'm not sure if you put your shoes on the windowsill on December 5th and he fills them with goodies by next morning and you find all the chocolate on December 6th morning, or you put your shoes out on the 6th and find chocolate in the morning on the 7th. 

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

I was wondering about the same earlier today. I'm not sure if you put your shoes on the windowsill on December 5th and he fills them with goodies by next morning and you find all the chocolate on December 6th morning, or you put your shoes out on the 6th and find chocolate in the morning on the 7th. 

No idea. We don't have that kind of tradition here.

11 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Yeah, probably. But I do want to like it so I'll try again. 

Just for you.

That's more like it :wub: I really want a puppy.

Also I received a copy of a book we both love today, I finally own To Kill a Mockingbird. Can't wait to reread it.

7 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Who gives presents before Christmas?

As Buck said, we do, except December 5th. Although people often just choose a different date to celebrate it on if it's more convenient for your schedule. We're a practical nation :P 

5 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

You put your boot out (not on a windowsill here, but just out of the wardrobe in the floor) on thr 5th evening, and get stuff on the 6th. *nods*

Here, the children who still believe St. Nicholas (or Sinterklaas) boots out on a couple of nights leading up to the 5th of December, and get a bunch of small gifts in them. The eveningof the 5th is the big payout, you get loads of presents then (though less and less as the years go by).

31 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

That's more like it :wub: I really want a puppy.

Also I received a copy of a book we both love today, I finally own To Kill a Mockingbird. Can't wait to reread it.

As Buck said, we do, except December 5th. Although people often just choose a different date to celebrate it on if it's more convenient for your schedule. We're a practical nation :P 

Here, the children who still believe St. Nicholas (or Sinterklaas) boots out on a couple of nights leading up to the 5th of December, and get a bunch of small gifts in them. The eveningof the 5th is the big payout, you get loads of presents then (though less and less as the years go by).

Yay! It's an amazing book, do read the sequel too, it's absolutely great. 

Yeah, by the time you are 15 it pretty much goes down to a chocolate Santa Clause. 

(The big bearded man in the red suit brings gifts and chocolate on December 6th (St. Nicholas Day) around here - for those who don't know. On Christmas Eve it's Baby Jesus who brings kids presents) 

40 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

You put your boot out (not on a windowsill here, but just out of the wardrobe in the floor) on thr 5th evening, and get stuff on the 6th. *nods*

:commie: that's it then. And I think it's not really a windowsill here either, but I do remember putting my (clean) boots on the windowsill until I was around 6. 

On 11/27/2016 at 10:51 PM, felice said:

Good day. How are things with you?

Good.  Nice to see you, felice.

On 11/27/2016 at 11:47 PM, RhaenysB said:

Hiiiii!!!!!! :commie: how are you, Cat? It's been ages! Great to see you around! 

Doing great and good to see you too!

On 11/28/2016 at 6:37 AM, First of My Name said:

Hey! How are you? You should come around more.

Good to see you here, First.  How is everything?

On 11/28/2016 at 1:46 PM, Buckwheat said:

Qqqqqqqat! Hello!

*hugs* for the Court Flower.  :wub:

On 11/28/2016 at 5:00 PM, The Legend of Cora said:

Hey Q! How are you?

Great, great.  how are you, Cora?

On 11/29/2016 at 10:58 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

I think I remember when you were posting about your sweetheart sometime back. Did you meet sometime in the last couple of years? Congrats on moving in together though!

I'm glad your surgery went well. Very jealous of your holiday to Mexico, I've always wanted to go

Everything is going super.  We've been together for a couple years now (time flies!).  

On 12/1/2016 at 2:39 PM, First of My Name said:

Nobody sends holiday cards anymore here, it's all e-mails and texts, kind of a shame.

I find this a bit sad.  The art of the handwritten note should not be forgotten.  It just means more than an email or text.

On 12/2/2016 at 10:00 AM, Buckwheat said:

I love to send and receive cards.  Send me your address and I'll get one mailed to you.  And if you can send me one, I'd love that.  :wub:

13 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Remind me where you live, 'cause if you're anywhere near Portland you should come visit!

Archived