Football: Sheikh your Money Maker

Nas!

1 hour ago, StefCurry said:

United were lucky yesterday that City were playing without their leaders in starting line-up (De Bruyne, Aguero, Gundogan, Sterling).

You can only beat what's in front of you and Aguero and Sterling did come on in the 2nd half. Seems like Mourinho can't win no matter what he does. He played a strong lineup and won, the comments are "but it was against City reserves". If he played a second string side and lost, he would've been panned.

I was fairly satisfied with how we played - it was more along the lines of what you would expect from a Mourinho side. I was pretty worried about our CB pairing as well as the side as a defensive unit but they ended up playing quite well after an early scare. We managed to prevent City from having a shot on target - it's been a long time since anyone has managed to do that.

On 27.10.2016 at 5:47 PM, Consigliere said:

You can only beat what's in front of you and Aguero and Sterling did come on in the 2nd half. Seems like Mourinho can't win no matter what he does. He played a strong lineup and won, the comments are "but it was against City reserves". If he played a second string side and lost, he would've been panned.

I was fairly satisfied with how we played - it was more along the lines of what you would expect from a Mourinho side. I was pretty worried about our CB pairing as well as the side as a defensive unit but they ended up playing quite well after an early scare. We managed to prevent City from having a shot on target - it's been a long time since anyone has managed to do that.

Really, you could see his desire to win in his face and reactions during all the game

I just can't understand. He (Jose) said that Mkhitaryan isn't injured and training with the first team. But he is still out of many games and i do believe he won't be in the list for the next United match. In the last year he was brilliant in stats...

Mkhitaryan is taking Mata's place as the token sacrifice to establish Mourinho's authority. 

Another tough game for Liverpool, away to bogey team Palace and the vengeful aerial bombardment by Benteke.  We have a run of games now against the likes of West Brom, Palace, Watford, etc where we're expected to pick up points after our difficult early schedule, but these are the teams that often thwarted us in the past.  Hopefully we can keep our patience, focus and zeal and convert a higher % of our chances. 

I think that one of the issues with Micki is that defending is the weakest aspect of his game by a fair distance and we know that Mourinho likes his wide attacking players to track back and help out their respective fullbacks - recall how he was often on Hazard's case about work rate and tracking back.

In the league game against City, Micki had just returned from injury and the feeling was that he may not have been fully match fit so it was somewhat understandable why Mourinho left him out of the games against Liverpool and Chelsea. He would have been especially unsuited to the ultra-defensive tactics employed against Liverpool. Much less understandable (and quite baffling, tbh) is why he was not even in the squad for the game against Fenerbahce and the cup game against City.

If he plays no part in the Burnley game then his future at the club looks bleak indeed. I think that this is the perfect game to bring Micki back into the fold. He will have a minimal amount of defending to do and the 'x-factor' that he possesses could be key in breaking down a stubborn defence. We all know how Sean Dyche is going to set up. It will be no different to the games against Arsenal and Liverpool - happy to concede possession in midfield, defend deep with numbers behind the ball and look to sneak something on the counter or from a set piece.

I'm expecting Pogba to perform better as well as he will have much less defending to do and will be able to take up more attacking positions - I only hope that Mourinho doesn't play him at #10. That position should go to Mata. Of all the players we used in the #10 role, Mata has been the best and most consistent performer.

The biggest disappointment about Zlatan is his finishing. While he has been isolated from time to time, the team has still created a number of great chances for him - ones you would expect a player with his goal scoring record to tuck away. Even if he only managed a 50% conversion rate, he'd still be at or near the top of the goal scoring charts. His poor finishing at critical points in matches has been very costly for us.

Archived