Acrophobia 26: Bridge the Gap - ROUND 8/9

Julia H.

16 minutes ago, Raisin' Bran said:

Is HARFA the sound Tormund would make while vomiting?

No, I seriously doubt Tormund could make a sound that sounds like a HÁRFA whatever he does. Bael the Bard, Mance Rayder, Tom of Sevenstrings and Rhaegar Targaryen say they all agree with me.

The deadline is hardly more than an hour away and I have only received entries from four players and one of even them hasn't told me which version they want to use. I will wait until the morning (my time) and then post the entries I have (whenever I find the time to post) unless someone asks for a longer extension.  

2 minutes ago, Julia H. said:

The deadline is hardly more than an hour away and I have only received entries from four players and one of even them hasn't told me which version they want to use. I will wait until the morning (my time) and then post the entries I have (whenever I find the time to post) unless someone asks for a longer extension.  

Hey sorry but just out of curiosity what is this game. Is it a game where a bunch of people come together and almost push each other off tall bridges.

ROUND 8 AUTHORS AND RESULTS 

1. Newly arriving pretender shall unify Tommen's enemies . . . soon. Howlin' Howland 1+1+3+1+2+2=10

2. Nurture academic pursuits. Study until thine eyes scream.  Raisin' Bran  1+1+2+3+2=9

3. New at politics? Seducing unoriginal. Try erudite savvy.  Lady Blizzardborn  1+1+1+1+3+2+1+2=12

4. Never assume people's support. Unrepentant traitors exist, sweetie!  Fragile Bird  1+1+2+3+1+2+2=12

5. Namesake - Abide! Prince's secrets underestimate Throne's erratic sovereign.  rocksniffer  1+2+3+2=8

6. Nymeria applauds persistence - suggests utilising thought, examining situations.  Castellan 1+1+3+1+2=8

STANDINGS

1. Raisin' Bran                    75+9=84

2. Howlin' Howland             73+10=83

3. Fragile Bird                     64+12=76

4. rocksniffer                      63+8=71

5. Castellan                        60+8=68

6. Lady Blizzardborn          52+12=64

7. lil' ghost                         44+1 (voting)=45 

8. delspark                         29

9. Destiel's Child                25

10. Gabe                           11

The winners of the round are Lady Blizzardborn and Fragile Bird, who both received 12 points. Despite the holiday season, the race for the first place is as fierce as ever. Raisin' Bran is in the lead but only one point ahead of Howlin' Howland, who is determined to catch up. Fragile Bird is now well ahead of rocksniffer: Has she secured the third place at least or will the sniffer manage to overtake her in the next round? No one can tell at this point, so ... keep running, the finish line is getting near now!

ROUND 9

1. Hasten alliances, real foe advancing.

2. Harmonise, allegro! Reward: full-voiced allies.

3. Help abduct Ramsay's fake Arya.

4. Hafta’ arrange rights, first, accordingly.

5. Help autonomous recalcitrant Folk ally.

6. Hey Abel...Ramsay's foiled...almost.

Deadline for voting: 8 p.m. (Central European Time) on Friday, 6th January.

ROUND 10

Brienne of Tarth travels incognito in search of Sansa Stark, with the arms of Ser Duncan the Tall painted on her shield. That and certain similarities between these two "true knights" have made readers wonder whether Brienne is a descendant of Ser Duncan. Be that as it may, there is enough reason for Ser Duncan to send her an important message from the afterlife via a raven that looks like the ghost of a raven...

What message did Ser Duncan the Tall send to Brienne of Tarth?

Your acronym: 

K  O  B  O  R  L  O  V  A  G

Your deadline:

8 p.m. (Central European Time) on Friday, 6th January

17 hours ago, Wrl6199 said:

Hey sorry but just out of curiosity what is this game. Is it a game where a bunch of people come together and almost push each other off tall bridges.

That would be the Westerosi version of the game, and Euron would be the winner. ;) 

But since pushing people off bridges is discouraged in Forumos, we use words instead. We do sometimes want to push the acronyms off a bridge. :D

Happy New Year, all! Mine started out great! ..just kidding.. my fiance wasn't feeling well saturday, he thought maybe had a bit much to drink on friday. saturday night he was feeling worse, so we go to some bullshit place, they tell him it's gastritis and give him some medicine. well, all day after that he just keeps getting worse and worse. can't eat anything, barely could drink much except water and apple juice, and he prolly slept 2 hours total for about 48 hours. so, i take him to the emergency room this morning (1030am). first scan says his gallbladder, appendix and colon were all swollen. the start to give him some antibiotics and morphine and he was finally able sleep some. well, we get a small amount of run around and a lot of sitting hours to find out around 830pm, officially, that he is getting moved to surgical care where he's going to spend the night because he keeps going in and out of fevers and his blood pressure won't go down much and they are going to do another test at 2:30am to see what's going on now after all the medicine and then schedule him to get his gallbladder removed and possibly his appendix at 6am when the surgeon gets in the hospital.

well, i'm sure you all didn't want to know that, but i had to let all that out and i hope you don't mind. if your body hurts, go to the doctor asap!

first...Lil' Ghost take heart that at least he is getting treatment...i agree better to go for a nothing reason than sit at home self-medicating and lose the opportunity to nip a disease in the bud...our thoughts are with you...and him!

second...the vote...funny how fewer choices make voting harder

1st...#5

2nd...#2

3rd...#1

:smoking:

Archived