RIP John Hurt

Werthead

On 28/01/2017 at 6:42 AM, drawkcabi said:

RIP :crying:

Also was wonderful in Jim Henson's "The Storyteller". Anyone who hasn't seen this series I strongly recommend looking it up.

I just bought a copy for a friend's birthday earlier this week. It's one of my favourite things ever. It really stayed with me since my childhood. Would recommend that anyone who appreciates the importance of fairy tales and mythology check it out. 

:(

10 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

HIs Marquis de Montros in the 1995 film "Rob Rob" was wonderful may he rest in peace

That, Caligula, Scandal, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, the Elephant Man, A Man For All Seasons...just a great talent with a very distinct voice. 

On January 28, 2017 at 6:19 AM, dog-days said:

Yes, absolutely. I have very fond memories of him as the Storyteller. 

And also of his Caligula! Everyone should watch I Claudius if they haven't already. Sadly the BBC has blocked all the I Claudius content on youtube, even very short clips, so I can't link to my favourite bits with John Hurt. 

And as the voice of Hazel! He had such a beautiful voice. The most lovely I've ever heard. :crying:

I'm doing a rematch of I, Claudius, and I'm getting close to the Caligula emergence. I agree with your recommendation. As well as the quality of his voice. Hazel-Rah! 

Rest in peace, John Hurt. 

And the celebrity check out continues. Is it because finally celebrities I grew up with are getting to that age that I am noticing these deaths, or is this an unusually spike in deaths among celebrities?

RIP John Hurt, you were one of the greats. 

Archived