(Spoilers) Mr. Robot final season

Mark Antony

11 minutes ago, IamMe90 said:

Okay, so, it's pretty obvious that Mr. Robot was in fact aware of the broader plan to blow up all the E-Corp buildings, and in fact helped orchestrate it, right?

Edit: D'awww, no shit. 71 buildings  blew up because he distributed the paper records to 71 other buildings. That building didn't blow up because there were no paper records in it and Mr. Robot wanted to preserve them. Derp derp

Maybe? That's certainly not how it looked like it was getting played to me. My suspicion is that Tyrell figured out what to do and how to destroy the records independently of Elliot, and once Tyrell was put 'in charge' he went to blowing up the local spots instead. But it's a HELL of a lot of work to do that. 

My impression is that the only one who knew this was going to happen was Whiterose. Angela, Darlene, Elliot, and even Mr. Robot looked surprised. Mr. Robot looked pissed when he realized the paper records weren't there. 

4 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Maybe? That's certainly not how it looked like it was getting played to me. My suspicion is that Tyrell figured out what to do and how to destroy the records independently of Elliot, and once Tyrell was put 'in charge' he went to blowing up the local spots instead. But it's a HELL of a lot of work to do that. 

My impression is that the only one who knew this was going to happen was Whiterose. Angela, Darlene, Elliot, and even Mr. Robot looked surprised. Mr. Robot looked pissed when he realized the paper records weren't there. 

I'm not sold on Mr. Robot being in the dark, but it's certainly a possibility. The "derp" was mostly at the purpose of the other 71 buildings being blown up. I hadn't made the connection to the facilities housing the paper records until now. 

I agree that Whiterose is the only person we can know with certainty was in on the plan. Tyrell probably too, although I'm not for sure. 

Oh, you hadn't gotten that? I thought that was pretty obvious, and they did a really good job of setting it up so that it was clear. From the opening of S3 where Elliot keeps sending the docs back to the same place over and over to him doing presentations, to even last ep where that VP talked about how he got things there and  talking about the reconcilation process as he's trying to evade people. 

From what we've seen, we know that Angela got him fired for doing exactly that (getting the records moved). It was a surprise to Tyrell, and it was a surprise to Mr. Robot at that time. And that was like 4 days before this, or something along those lines. It wasn't their original plan. But then Elliot was out for 4 days, and the next thing we know he's going to work, Angela is firing him on that day, and he's incredibly distracted by all of that.

An odd thing is that Irving apparently expected Angela to have Mr. Robot do the HSM hack, so there was something there. That makes me think it was plausible that Mr. Robot is behind it. 

Now here's the real question: is Wellick going to claim fsociety did this? Is that what the paper said to do? Or is he going to claim that he was forced into doing it, and that's why there were handcuffs? 

17 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Oh, you hadn't gotten that? I thought that was pretty obvious, and they did a really good job of setting it up so that it was clear. From the opening of S3 where Elliot keeps sending the docs back to the same place over and over to him doing presentations, to even last ep where that VP talked about how he got things there and  talking about the reconcilation process as he's trying to evade people. 

From what we've seen, we know that Angela got him fired for doing exactly that (getting the records moved). It was a surprise to Tyrell, and it was a surprise to Mr. Robot at that time. And that was like 4 days before this, or something along those lines. It wasn't their original plan. But then Elliot was out for 4 days, and the next thing we know he's going to work, Angela is firing him on that day, and he's incredibly distracted by all of that.

An odd thing is that Irving apparently expected Angela to have Mr. Robot do the HSM hack, so there was something there. That makes me think it was plausible that Mr. Robot is behind it. 

Now here's the real question: is Wellick going to claim fsociety did this? Is that what the paper said to do? Or is he going to claim that he was forced into doing it, and that's why there were handcuffs? 

That might explain the cuffs, yes. I think Whiterose wanted fsociety to be seen to have originated from Iran as well.

I took the line about the Dark Army hijacking Fsociety's movement to be a strong clue that Whiterose et al were playing them all, including Price. Just my interpretation, though.

I'm wondering what the written instructions to Tyrell were. I though he could be a goner this week, but am glad he's still part of the story.

1 hour ago, Kalbear said:

I would say he's going to claim he was forced by fsociety to do it (not sure if that's what you meant by the first question). 

Well, that was a funny episode. And then it quickly became very depressing. Nothing stops these shindigs. I had convinced myself that they were going to be taken alive by the FBI. I should have known though, considering it's the Dark Army. For some reason I convinced myself that the goons would shoot themselves and they'd be found with the plans and the bodies.

That better explains what Irving is. He isn't just a Brooklyn car salesman, he's a fixer for wealthy elites.

So now it looks like maybe Angela is damaged in some way like Elliot. Or coming undone from all that has happened. I might be forgetting something, but to me she always seemed as unflappable as say Irving. It looks like Darlene seems to think she has to take car of her though, much like she does for Elliot.

It doesn't necessarily mean she didn't see something when she met Whiterose though. Obviously, Whiterose is up to something with the plant and the annexation. I doubt Price goes quietly, btw.

Dom's line at the end of the episode. I hope she isn't correct.

Love how the story is progressing so well this season.

Damn the showrunners had me thinking the raid was occurring at the same time as Trenton and Mobley's unfortunate ending.

Joey Badass is great in his role. I loved the Spyhunter overhead shot of the Cadillac on the highway :) And who doesn't love Knightrider?

When I read the guide's description of the episode it stated Angela would hit rewind, so I chuckled when she literally was hitting rewind.

It was a comedown from last ep, especially with almost no Elliot/Mr. Robot, but it was still very good. And I told y'all that Trenton/Mobley would be resolved.

And...it was resolved in like the worst possible way for them. At least we're gonna get an email out here, soon. I'm guessing Darlene gets it?

Something else I love about this season is how it's painting Angela, Whiterose and Dark Army as essentially religious zealots, convinced that deaths will be fixed and collateral damage is fine, based on their beliefs - without being at all about Islam in any way. It's quite clever to show Angela as the radicalized person here.

I love Joey Bada$$ in this, so very much. There's nothing bad about him, and I want a spinoff of him for days.

13 hours ago, Kalbear said:

I love Joey Bada$$ in this, so very much. There's nothing bad about him, and I want a spinoff of him for days.

Holy shit yes. The Knight Rider bit was hysterical... and I am in total agreement about Frazier... A JBA spinoff could be the Better Call Saul of Mr. Robot

I am totally crushing on Dr Krista

If only Trenton could drive...

Wait, did Elliott have the Revolting Blob dogsit for him?

A slower episode, but I actually enjoyed it. I usually don't like being in Elliott's headspace too much, but this was well-done. I appreciated him wrestling with his grief. The inclusion of Back to the Future II was especially on point with Whiterose's hinted plans this season. Will Elliott be able to undo the events of the show or not?

It was a bit slow, and I missed having most of any of the main characters, but gods did they nail what a person does when they're going to kill themselves, and the grief of deciding at the last moment not to. 

Not to piss in peoples cornflakes but I can't say i've enjoyed season 3 all that much, certainly not in the way people on this thread have.  It's definitely an improvement on S2 but miles away from S1. 

In a way it reminds me of Tarantino's work in the last 15-20 years in that too often the writing veers into self indulgent pretentious waffle territory. Both Tarantino and Esmail appear to have a very high opinion of their opinion.

I don't know where they're going with Angela's story, but it's absolutely crushing seeing her like that. Her apartment covered with photos of all the dead, talking to her fish, just...ow. 

The puppet line was a killer. Gods, does Esmail hate Trump so very, very much. 

I also really liked Darlene's subplot, and Dom especially was good. Her hesitation of actually wanting to give in and still being a bit drunk and STILL remembering to secure everything, her weird vulnerability, her guilt and insight - it was all nicely on display. 

And the nature of duality in this show remains interesting. We have Elliot, we have Whiterose (who definitely has very different personas), we now have Angela - it's thematically interesting. 

Dom has great taste in music. So was it Darlene's plan all along to get caught by Dom or not?

Elliott's malware upload to the Dark Army seems a bit too obvious for it to work.

I loved how Elliott's line to Angela about never being able to go back was at odds with her scenes this week where we see her first encounter with Price and Wellick and her running into someone selling bootlegs on the corner. The kitty poster reading "Keep Hanging in There" was amazing.

Yeah the Angela stuff was heartbreaking. I wonder if that was the Dark Army or the FBI that picked her up? I'm thinking the FBI. The Dom stuff was also great. Did not know the actress was Meryl Streep's daughter until today but now I can't un-see it.

Does anyone else find it mildly odd that the Chinese defense minister seems to practically live in the US? Unless the crazy theories are true and whiterose is an alt-universe Zheng. But I doubt that. Though apparently Darlene was downloading the non-existent movie Shazam a few episodes back. 

Archived