MLB 2017 - if you build it, they will cub

Severino another gem tonight, his stuff has been nasty. It looks like he really has turned a corner this year. Loving where this team is headed. But also worried about Tanaka who has  been just getting lit up recently. He just keeps missing right down the middle, it's nuts.

Twins sweep Orioles!

Yes... the Twins are making me cautiously optimistic for the year?  Santana has been on fire, Sano likewise.  I love and support them even in the dark times, but it sure would be swell to head to Target Field with some thought of seeing a win?

10 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Severino another gem tonight, his stuff has been nasty. It looks like he really has turned a corner this year. Loving where this team is headed. But also worried about Tanaka who has  been just getting lit up recently. He just keeps missing right down the middle, it's nuts.

Twins sweep Orioles!

He's better than he was two years ago I think. I hope we see Chance Adams this season.

5 hours ago, Lightning Lord said:

Yes... the Twins are making me cautiously optimistic for the year?  Santana has been on fire, Sano likewise.  I love and support them even in the dark times, but it sure would be swell to head to Target Field with some thought of seeing a win?

This happening REALLY helps. Such a great curveball -- http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/21753540/v1403526983/colmin-berrios-11-strikeouts-in-11-seconds

19 hours ago, Week said:

It certainly hasn't hurt to have a guy come up to the bigs and perform well.  I wish the organization could figure out Gibson, too.  At this point, I am pretty well convinced that he just hasn't got "it."

Cardinals, yet again, looking like a hot-or-not, 86 win kind of team. No offense, hope the starter goes 2 runs in 7 innings and the bullpen doesn't explode. We'll get hot for a couple weeks again in like July, maybe have a strong September. Very not-fun brand of baseball. I'm having a wretched 18 months of sportsdom.

Hey... ahh what's that guy's name? You know, the Cubs fan guy who hangs around here? Something 1970 something, I think. Shit, for the life of me I can't remember.

Hey whatever your name is, your stupid Cubbies are chumps!

21 hours ago, Triskan said:

*shakes fist*

Your a jurk!

That first game was the killer when the glorious Redbirds tied it up in the 9th but then fell to the toll of ages.  Your Orangutan is hitting .370 though, so respect. 

And tonight they fell to the Rockies though this ain't the feeble Rockies of most of history's recalling.  

Hey Trisky, your Redbirds are Chimps!

Ha, I am so pleased with that joke.

The Mariners have scored 9 runs in the last 8 games. They have 4/5th of their starting rotation on the DL, the bullpen has decided to take a vow of charity and as such insist upon giving games away, and now the offense has gone dark. Couple that with the FEMA relief zone known as the Mariners farm system, things are look grim in the land of eternal rain.

3 hours ago, GrimTuesday said:

Both you guys should probably just not even think about being a Mariners fan... So much pain, so much sadness.

I'm a Mariners fan today. 

6 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Well that was some fight. Have a feeling Harper's gonna get a pretty hefty suspension for throwing that helmet.

Punk move to try to throw a helmet. As is hitting a batter on purpose - IMO - I don't know that it was intentional or a bad pitch that hit him on the butt (which is not near the strike zone...).

Was that retaliation for something earlier? It was a 2-0 game...

Archived