Video Games- Mess Effect: Andromeda

A True Kaniggit

13 hours ago, KiDisaster said:

There doesn't seem to be much else appealing to spend money on. Another shard to eventually get more HP or MP I guess. I bought the rotten egg and haven't figured out what it's for yet. 

As mentioned, the merchant in the Crossroads has a lot of good stuff, I spent a lot of Geo there. You'll also want to always have a few hundred Geo on you when first exploring new areas, in case any benches or stag stations require Geo to unlock (also, nothing more frustrating than finding Cornifer and not having the Geo to buy his map of the new area). Eventually you'll find the Nailsmith and buying his upgrades are vital, and if you find the right key, Sly up in Dirtsmouth will get more, expensive, stock. Those have been my main sources of spending so far. Also dying and not being able to get back to my shade.

I'm almost 20 hours in, and I'd guess that I'm about halfway done with the game; I know I'm going a lot slower than most though (there's a speedrun challenge for 100%ing in 10 hours). I think I've got all the movement abilities though (unless there's some type I'm not thinking of) and I've started getting immunity to some of the environmental hazards; which makes moving around so much easier. 

Or at least, for most areas it does. I just stumbled into Deepnest, and damn does that place suck. I need to get through there eventually, but I still have a couple other areas I can go to instead for now.

Finally put together a 6 piece set for my Necromancer (Rathma's) The pet build is pretty cool in that it is much more intensive than the Witch Doctor's. You are constantly summoning skeletal mages to get the max damage buff for your pets, plus you can actually direct them where to attack. Still missing a couple of rings and a cube item or two that are required for maximizing the build, but I am presently pushing Greater Rift 50. Fun character.

There will be a reckoning!!! I was playing HoI4, minding my own business as the Turks, when those fucking Soviets brought their shitheel ideology over my border. 

I must regroup at Istanbul.

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

There will be a reckoning!!! I was playing HoI4, minding my own business as the Turks, when those fucking Soviets brought their shitheel ideology over my border. 

I must regroup at Istanbul.

Did this involve preparing invasions of other Middle Eastern nations?

Edit: and/or Greece?

52 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

And rename it Constantinople?

If the legitimate government of Russia hadn't been deposed by those fucking communists, maybe.

47 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Did this involve preparing invasions of other Middle Eastern nations?

Edit: and/or Greece?

The great Turkish Nation does not recognize the sovereignty of any so called "middle eastern" nations, only rebellions to be crushed in western Asia. 

And Greece? What is Greece but a rabble of brigands? For five hundred years the Ottoman Turks protected that insurgent nation from ruin! And now Turkey the Younger shall collect the dues owed our fathers. 

On 7/3/2017 at 1:41 PM, Joe Pesci said:

Finished up with FF2 for SNES, on to FF3...I've found that you really can't go wrong with any RPG's that are on the SNES, and I still quite enjoy the 16 bit graphics.

I don't have to tell you this, but you are in for a treat.

I finally finished Persona 5. What I thought was the final dungeon was not the final dungeon, there was a whole lot of game left after that. 170 hours clocked on the save file but a lot of that was pause time so I have no idea how long it actually took. What a massive game. Very happy I picked it up, and both relieved and kinda sad to be done with it. I'll miss those wacky animu people. 

I finished Hollow Knight. Ended up liking it quite a bit, though some of the metriodvania aspects were pretty frustrating (e.g. you could regularly go pretty far down a path of some brutal platforming only to find at the end of it something that you don't have the right skill yet to get past; also, the map was not good at indicating areas worth going back to once you had the right skills). Also, I just went for the bad ending after realizing how much more of a time investment it would be to get everything needed for the good ending (I looked at a guide before going to the end boss, since there never was a clear indication that there was a good ending or how you get it).

10 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Do you suggest any mods for HOI4?

Sorry. Can't do. I only got the game 3 weeks ago and am still playing through all the major countries in the base game. I haven't tried any mods yet. 

1 hour ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Sorry. Can't do. I only got the game 3 weeks ago and am still playing through all the major countries in the base game. I haven't tried any mods yet. 

You have failed me for the last time....

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

You have failed me for the last time....

As Communist France, I know that this post, along with any reactionary government you try to lead, will soon be left lying on the Ash Heap of History. Time is on my side Comrade.

1 hour ago, A True Kaniggit said:

As Communist France, I know that this post, along with any reactionary government you try to lead, will soon be left lying on the Ash Heap of History. Time is on my side Comrade.

Bolshevism is a disease.

I am the cure.

Got the DLC for Darkest Dungeon.  The new area is awesome, and the battle music is fucking fantastic.  Naturally, everything wants to murder me in horrible fashion, but that's to be expected.  Haven't gotten to play as the new class yet, though.  I suspect that will happen relatively soon.

Radiant mode definitely makes the game less frustrating, by the way.

5 hours ago, Simon Steele said:

I'm trying out Hollow Knight too. It's been slow to grab my attention.

It was the same for me at first. The game gets significantly better once you start unlocking additional movement abilities, charms, and spells.

Also, the first big area, Forgotten Crossroads, probably has the second least-interesting visual design of any area in the game.

5 hours ago, Fez said:

It was the same for me at first. The game gets significantly better once you start unlocking additional movement abilities, charms, and spells.

Also, the first big area, Forgotten Crossroads, probably has the second least-interesting visual design of any area in the game.

Funny you say this, I was thinking the whole game might look like that area. After I posed last night, I opened a new area--kind of a woodsy area, and my interest sky rocketed!

Though, I have a pet-peeve with this metroidvania tag on so many games. These are metroid games, no? Metroidvania, to my mind, would have leveling up and more RPG elements like Symphony of the Night. Oh well.

Archived