lAPPYc

The lie of a love story

44 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

To add on to what's been said I have point out if Rheagar was intent on marrying Lyanna and she was truly consenting, even it caused an uproar if they had gotten married there's virtually nothing Rickard Stark could do about it, there's no such thing as divorce in Westeroes so even if Rickard disapproved of the relationship he'd have to bear it for honors sake. Hell you don't have to wait for Lyanna to have had a swelled belly I'm sure there saying so would destroy any chance of the marriage contract to Robert being fulfilled. 

Also I find it hard to accept Ellia would be cool with this. Jon bringing in another wife adds unneeded competition to her own children.

I think Rhaegar was told to give Lyanna the crown by Aerys. That explains why he didn't give it to Elia.  This is the meaning of the thorns hidden beneath the crown.  If anyone took Lyanna; it was Aerys because what follows is an attempt to destroy House Stark.  If Rhaegar saved her from Aerys; it wasn't to get into bed with her.   

The notion that the thorns represent the difficulties in their relationship is so soppy; it's making it up as you go.  The question is why is it necessary for Jon to have Targ blood in the first place? 

Rhaegar was diabolical with his plan from the very begining.

Edited by Steel and Ice

On 12/13/2017 at 11:01 AM, theMADdestScientist_ said:

What sappy love story are you talking about? Lyanna fell in love with Rhaegar, he abandoned everything for her, and her family did not like it one bit. Rickard Stark ended up killed because of Brandon's stupidity, Rhaegar was forced to fight against the remaining Starks who were heavily allied with Robert Baratheon who would certainly kill his and Lyanna's child, and in the end the Starks succeeded in killing Rhaegar. Now Lyanna finds herself giving birth alone in the middle of nowhere while Robert rewards the Lannisters and Gregor Clegane for raping and butchering Elia Martell and her children, and what's worse, Lyanna knows she's gonna die. She now has no choice but to beg Ned(Robert's best friend) to protect her son.

What sappy love story are you talking about? have you been reading the same story i did? if you did, i would advise you to pay more attention to the details. Everything is tragic enough already.

Lyanna was terrified of Rhaegar. He was a monster, with god-complex.

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 5:40 AM, lAPPYc said:

Aerys may be unstable, but the Stark's WON'T try to put an end to their romance. That was the whole point I was trying to make. Rickard Stark wanted power, and what is more power than having the heir to the crown as his son-in-law?

The Starks are basically the Children's "nannycams" for humanity. Anything The Stark knows, they know, and the Children can sway The Stark to whatever decision they wish by sending him directives in dreams. Rhaegar was a mythic player, but you're still talking about the "game of thrones". The Stark cannot be trusted to make decisions in the best interest of humanity when those choices would conflict with the interests of his masters.