Feelgood moments?

The Alchemist

The world of ASoIaF is full of bloodshed and betrayal and yet has its share (though not a whole lot) of kind or 'feelgood' moments

Which feelgood moment did you like best?

I liked when Bran & Co. encounter the member of a minor house sworn to the Starks and he leaves them food and Bran swears to himself that the man will be rewarded

Sorry for not being very specific but I haven't read the series in awhile

The world of ASoIaF is full of bloodshed and betrayal and yet has its share (though not a whole lot) of kind or 'feelgood' moments

Which feelgood moment did you like best?

I liked when Bran & Co. encounter the member of a minor house sworn to the Starks and he leaves them food and Bran swears to himself that the man will be rewarded

Sorry for not being very specific but I haven't read the series in awhile

Hmm...what does it say about all of us that many of our "feel good" moments are also "full of bloodshed and betrayal"? It all depends on ones perspective, I guess ;)

My favourite ''feelgood'' moment has to be from aGoT, when Bran wakes up and tells Robb that ''His name is Summer''.

There are lot of shocking, intriguing and awesome scenes in the whole series though:P

My favourite ''feelgood'' moment has to be from aGoT, when Bran wakes up and tells Robb that ''His name is Summer''.

There are lot of shocking, intriguing and awesome scenes in the whole series though:P

When Jon presents Needle to Arya.

When Ned lets Arya keep Needle and sends her to Syrio

When Arya find Harwin though that moment was sad one further readings because she was then betrayed by her father's man.

When Arya presents the iron coin to the ship captain at the Saltpans.

When Tyrion kills Tywin.

There are quite a few more actually, but those are the ones that constantly come to mind.

It might be obvious who my favourite character is.

When Littlefinger helps Sansa build the snow Winterfell.

When The Hound kneels before Sansa and wipes the blood off her face, unknowingly stopping her from jumping off the battlements and taking Joffrey with her.

When Aemon observes that Tyrion is in fact a large man.

When it was revealed that it was not Bran and Rickon who Ramsey and Theon had decapitated and flayed.

I'll second that. Martin's tendency to kill major characters is making for far more interesting reading, but you'll always have favorites that you don't want to see dead.

Another feel good moment was Jaime's change of behavior towards Brienne.

(Obviously, I felt very pleased when Tyrion killed Tywin and when I heard about Theon being -gradually- skinned alive and I cheered for every Frey hanged... and lots of other bloodthirsty/blood-dripping scenes. But I don't think that's what the OP had in mind with this thread.)

Arya and Jon's shared moment, "Never tell Sansa!"

Arya's "Camel's cunt's" life in the Braavos markets.

Sansa and Arya's wolves reflecting their personalities when they're combed.

Tyrion and Shae (before Tywin happened to them)

Sansa building her snow castle

Jon telling Sam he's his brother

Archived