Sweet 16

Gold Storm

Some nice ballgames last night. WKU obviously lost to a better team, but they looked good doing it. When you're a mid-major, that's about all you can really ask for. They played a heckuva game.

WVU and Xavier surprised me because I thought WVU would expose Xavier for the posers I thought they must be... guess not.

The east gives me a second straight game of wondering who the hell to cheer for after the UT/UofL game. In a pinch, I figure I go for whichever team would give Kentucky more recognition... and if they can beat the Heels, over the next week and a half every time you hear "Rick Pitino is the only coach to take three different schools to the final four..." you'll then hear Kentucky mentioned. So I guess I'll be pulling for the Cards. Should be a great game.

Hansborough is either amazing, or UNC really didn't have as many great players in their history as I once assumed. Earlier this year, he hit 2000 points for his career. Phil Ford is the leading scorer in UNC history... at about 2400 points! If Hansborough comes back, he'll easily eclipse that number next year before the start of conference play.

I've got all my final four teams still alive, but its pretty much the same final four as almost everyone else on the planet. UNC, Kansas, UCLA, Texas

[quote name='Lady Lint' post='1291461' date='Mar 28 2008, 02.39']I love Tyler as much as the next person, but I wish the media would stop with all the slobbering. It's fine if they give him credit when he plays well or when he makes a great play, but you would really think he's the only guy on our team when you watch the highlights. I would like to see Danny Green or Ty Lawson get more love in the highlights. But I guess it's really just nitpicking in the end. As long as we win, it really doesn't matter. (Sigh, but I don't want Tyler to be dukified though)[/quote]

Hey, look at the bright side. Theres still a long way to go before the slobbering reaches the level of rampant man-love dedicated to Greg Oden last season. Seriously, I think theres a few analysts who wouldn't have minded jer..... well, you know.

[quote name='Mad John 20/20' post='1291736' date='Mar 28 2008, 06.52']Hey, look at the bright side. Theres still a long way to go before the slobbering reaches the level of rampant man-love dedicated to Greg Oden last season. Seriously, I think theres a few analysts who wouldn't have minded jer..... well, you know.[/quote]

They always pick some player to go gaga over, this year with OJ Mayo and Beasley gone its going to be Tyler or Love getting all of the attention.

[quote name='Arbor Gold' post='1291488' date='Mar 28 2008, 02.32']I think Xavier might have a chance. This is the first time I'm nervous. :unsure:[/quote]

Nonsense. There's no way Xavier can slow down James Keefe. :P

[quote name='aeu' post='1292150' date='Mar 28 2008, 13.05']Nonsense. There's no way Xavier can slow down James Keefe. :P[/quote]

There's only one school of thought when defending James Keefe: You can't slow him down, you can only hope to contain him.

[quote name='Gold Storm' post='1292211' date='Mar 28 2008, 18.07']For as bad Stanford is shooting they are still close to Texas. Wisconsin and Davidson are locked in a battle right now.[/quote]

Very good Wisconsin-Davidson game so far. Stanford struggling, but I'm sure they've got a run in them.

This raised court in Houston is very odd, somebody could get hurt going for a ball or trip as they enter the court. the fans are kinds far from the action. I wounder why they picked this stadium for the sweet 16 round?

Davidson is looking good going toe to toe with Wisconsin.

[quote name='Gold Storm' post='1292225' date='Mar 28 2008, 18.18']This raised court in Houston is very odd, somebody could get hurt going for a ball or trip as they enter the court. the fans are kinds far from the action. I wounder why they picked this stadium for the sweet 16 round?

Davidson is looking good going toe to toe with Wisconsin.[/quote]

Detroit's court is the same. I don't like it, and would hate for any player to get injured because of it.

The domes' size cancels out any "home court" advantage. I was a bit worried about that if we were to play Wisconsin with their fan base so much closer, but watching both of these games, I don't think that will be a factor. (although if Davidson goes on to win, they will probably have more people cheering than either KU or Wisconsin would with the whole underdog thing).

Does anybody remember what seed George Mason was during their F4 run?

[quote name='CrimsonEyedJayhawk' post='1292241' date='Mar 28 2008, 20.34']Detroit's court is the same. I don't like it, and would hate for any player to get injured because of it.

The domes' size cancels out any "home court" advantage. I was a bit worried about that if we were to play Wisconsin with their fan base so much closer, but watching both of these games, I don't think that will be a factor. (although if Davidson goes on to win, they will probably have more people cheering than either KU or Wisconsin would with the whole underdog thing).

Does anybody remember what seed George Mason was during their F4 run?[/quote]11th Seed.

Thanks Matrim!

Damn! Curry is fantastic tonight (I will not be making any 'hot' or 'spicy' puns)

I had UT-Stanford coverage for most of the first half, but they've yet to cut back. I kind of wish I could watch both...

ETA: and now they cut away right in time for a media timeout :tantrum:

[quote name='CrimsonEyedJayhawk' post='1292253' date='Mar 28 2008, 16.40']Thanks Matrim!

Damn! Curry is fantastic tonight (I will not be making any 'hot' or 'spicy' puns)

I had UT-Stanford coverage for most of the first half, but they've yet to cut back. I kind of wish I could watch both...[/quote]

Go to [url="http://ncaasports.com/mmod/welcome"]:http://ncaasports.com/mmod/welcome[/url] you can watch one game on TV and the other one online.

[quote name='Gold Storm' post='1292255' date='Mar 28 2008, 18.42']Go to [url="http://ncaasports.com/mmod/welcome"]:http://ncaasports.com/mmod/welcome[/url] you can watch one game on TV and the other one online.[/quote]

Thanks.

I had tried to get it in Firefox, but it wouldn't play. Then I tried importing it to VLC and quicktime, no go.

But your post spurred me to give it one more try this time in Safari, and it actually is working!

ETA: UT-Stanford is without a doubt the better game at this point.

[quote name='CrimsonEyedJayhawk' post='1292271' date='Mar 28 2008, 16.53']Thanks.

I had tried to get it in Firefox, but it wouldn't play. Then I tried importing it to VLC and quicktime, no go.

But your post spurred me to give it one more try this time in Safari, and it actually is working![/quote]

I have to use Internet Explorer to get mine to work. I use Firefox for this board, so I have both open right now.
Stanford coming back on Texas and Davidson pouring it on. Curry is looking very good in this tourney, maybe MVP :dunno: ?

I use firefox, it works OK, but it opens a blank tab every time a commercial starts playing, which is all kinds of suck.

Eh, we were playing OK for a little while, then got careless when we got it down to 1. Have to get focused again.

[quote name='Gold Storm' post='1292282' date='Mar 28 2008, 18.56']I have to use Internet Explorer to get mine to work. I use Firefox for this board, so I have both open right now.
Stanford coming back on Texas and Davidson pouring it on. Curry is looking very good in this tourney, maybe MVP :dunno: ?[/quote]

CBS hates fire[b]fox[/b]

(I can stay away from 'hot Curry' puns but I post that... :rolleyes: )

You have to play 5-6 games to make MVP. He won't be playing past Sunday ;)

Archived