HEROES

Jed o' Tarth

And also, what is up with Nikki having the freezing power. She was with the villains in Mama Petrelli's dream. Was she involved with killing the young girl that can locate people with powers. We all thought it was Sylar, but we have not seen Sylar with a freezing power. Could it have been Nikki?

[quote name='grozeng' post='1527924' date='Sep 22 2008, 23.30']The Suresh-Brundle scenes were kind of funny though.[/quote]

Yeah, I expect next week he'll start talking with a buzz. ;)

You people are expecting waaaay too much out of this show. Its a network show. They have to dumb down the comic type shit for the average viewer. Just accept it for what it is: DC/Marvel Lite. Its entertaining enough, has a few decent characters you can root for, and the action/effects are decent enough. Its primetime network mindless fun for an hour.

YW

[quote name='Young Wolf' post='1527936' date='Sep 22 2008, 23.37']Yeah, I expect next week he'll start talking with a buzz. ;)

You people are expecting waaaay too much out of this show. Its a network show. They have to dumb down the comic type shit for the average viewer. Just accept it for what it is: DC/Marvel Lite. Its entertaining enough, has a few decent characters you can root for, and the action/effects are decent enough. Its primetime network mindless fun for an hour.

YW[/quote]

Personally, I enjoy the show. I even liked last year. Sure there were some problems (the wonder twins were painful) but it is entertaining.

I am looking forward to HRG and Sylar hunting down the villains.

[quote name='grozeng' post='1527943' date='Sep 22 2008, 23.41']Personally, I enjoy the show. I even liked last year. Sure there were some problems (the wonder twins were painful) but it is entertaining.

I am looking forward to HRG and Sylar hunting down the villains.[/quote]

I find it a rather easy way to spend an hour myself. (That last part in my previous post wasnt so much directed at you man, I just didnt break up the post very well) Its rather predictable for the most part and its pretty entertaining like I said.

Before the show started, I turned to Mya and told her,"Sylar is going to become a good guy this year. Well maybe not "good" but "goodish". Looks like I may have been right.

YW

[quote name='Young Wolf' post='1527949' date='Sep 22 2008, 23.46']I find it a rather easy way to spend an hour myself. (That last part in my previous post wasnt so much directed at you man, I just didnt break up the post very well) Its rather predictable for the most part and its pretty entertaining like I said.

Before the show started, I turned to Mya and told her,"Sylar is going to become a good guy this year. Well maybe not "good" but "goodish". Looks like I may have been right.

YW[/quote]

No problem. The internet is made for people to complain about things. I just enjoy the show for what it is.

I had read some spoilers that I totally forgot until I watched the show (Nikki would be back with a new power, Suresh gets a power and turns into the Fly, Sylar gets Claire's power and Sylar teams up with HRG). I can still do without the surviving wonder twin (forgot her name).

[quote name='grozeng' post='1527953' date='Sep 22 2008, 23.54']I had read some spoilers that I totally forgot until I watched the show (Nikki would be back with a new power, Suresh gets a power and turns into the Fly, Sylar gets Claire's power and Sylar teams up with HRG). I can still do without the surviving wonder twin (forgot her name).[/quote]

I need to rewatch the last few episodes of last season. My memory must be really fuzzy because the last I remember of Nikki, she was being blown up in that building fire after saving Watch TV Get New Powers Girl.

The surviving wonder twin is pretty hot though.

I don't see how anybody's really setting their standards too high here. Character actions that don't immediately appear to be stupid, basic coherence, some sense of jeopardy when shit goes down, no long patches spent with characters that nobody likes... I don't think anybody expects this to be [i]The Wire[/i], but right now it's failing to live up to the high standards of [i]Fringe[/i].

Uggh... :thumbsdown:

I cannot believe I psyched myself into thinking this would be any different than season 2. I spent way too much time watching (or rewatching) some of the best television ever made this summer ([i]The Wire[/i], [i]Rome[/i], [i]Band of Brothers[/i], [i]Mad Men[/i], etc. etc.). I think that maybe I have raised my standards, but I think I'm still able to enjoy mindless fluff - just not when it is this bad...

[quote name='Mack Kilimaro' post='1527891' date='Sep 22 2008, 20.47']Marlo Stanfield is a supervillain! I might have to watch this just to see what they are doing with that character. Stay off the cell phones, dog.[/quote]

This was the only redeeming quality that I found in tonight's episodes...

[quote name='Patrick Mallister' post='1527928' date='Sep 22 2008, 21.32']Ok, so I usually never understand why most people trash on shows. I usually like alot. Just recently, for example, True Blood. While many on the board haven't said its aweful, they have pointed out a bunch of flaws that I don't see. However, after watching that two hour waste of time, I realize why I lost faith in Heroes last season. There is absolutely no continuity. No one can die. Everyone who died in these episodes, aren't really dead, they're just gone for now. Season three could have had so much potential with the end of season two. Instead, hey omg it was really Peter from the future :bang: Gimme a break. So now there's what, 2 invincible villains who can't seem to rule/ destroy the world. It was bad when they decided to rip off the classic film series Highlander with Adam's character, but enough is friggin enough. Oh yeah, now they have Magneto too. I guess it just pisses me off because of Season 1's greatness and the potential that is clearly being wasted and squandered. :ack: :bs:[/quote]

During season 2 I had my blinders on nearly the entire season. Towards the end I was able to see it for the dross that it was... but I... fuck... I don't have any more words.

I thought it was pretty good, aside from Nathan's survival. At the very least, it made me want to watch more, unlike last season's first ep, when I already thought the Snooze Twins were boring. I was wondering how they were going to nerf Peter this time without resorting to something as lame as season 2's memory loss. Turns out future Peter had already taken care of that. I wonder if "original" Peter still has his powers, and if he'll become a villain for real? Ah well, guess we'll find out later.

And I also like powerful future Peter running around trying to put down every fire he's started, deliberately or not, and failing. Reminded me of, in Dungeons & Dragons terms, an epic-level character having too much to do and not enough time in which to do it all.

The bunch of escaped villains was interesting. Those guys obviously won't have any compunctions about killing whoever stands in the way of whatever they want.

Looking forward to HRG and Sylar starting to hunt down the villains - and to HRG's reaction when he finds out who his new partner is. My guess is, he won't like it one bit, but he'll reluctantly go along with it. Lesser evil and all that (though I wouldn't be surprised if he planned some fatal incident for Sylar, to be executed once the villains are all dead/back in custody).

I enjoyed last night's episode. The show has finally crossed that threshold for me of being beyond shit and back into good. Nevermind that they lifted a plot directly from another genre show; nevermind that the villains team is a thinly veiled copy of Magneto's team in XMen 2; nevermind the horrible Matt in the desert scenes which where there for fun and to make fun of bushman stereotypes; nevermind the Sylar is magically kept a prisoner by....... nothing plotline; nevermind the "Don't worry you're safe Claire, instead of going with me I'm going to leave you with a woman who can burn things. She will definitely be able to stop a guy with telekinesis, super healing, super strength, potentially an ice power, super hearing, and bushy eyebrows."

I hope Ando turns out to be the arch villain who kills everyone and everything.

Regarding Nikki's supposedly cheeseball resurrection... we already know she was two people, Nikki and Jessica, and that one of those "twins" died at some time in the past. I was fairly sure after season 1 that one twin was a body jumper, and the other was super strong, and that when the jumper died, they merged and created the multiple personality disorder character.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nikki is a "multiple man" type character, each multiple with a different power. Body jumper, super strength, ice powers, who knows what else.

Other opinions, observations:

- Linderman is a hallucination, thank goodness.
- Ando is the good guy in his future confrontation with Hiro.
- No Micah, no Molly. Hope that trend continues.

[quote name='Young Wolf' post='1527949' date='Sep 23 2008, 00.46']Before the show started, I turned to Mya and told her,"Sylar is going to become a good guy this year. Well maybe not "good" but "goodish". Looks like I may have been right.

YW[/quote]

I said roughly the same thing to Mr. Tyr when Sylar was leaving Claire's house. Was there more of an indication of this happening in last night's episode? I fell asleep not long after the second hour started :huh:

[quote]Ando is the good guy in his future confrontation with Hiro.[/quote]

Yeah, I thought this too.

Hiro opening the safe in the beginning kind of bugged me. The contents will destroy the world, but Hiro needs to be a hero and find his destiny!!! Screw the world!!

Count me in as another person who's tired of HRG's perennial "I've gotta keep you safe, Claire!" The girl can NOT die; can he not understand this?? Or is he worried about her being "emotionally" harmed? Too late for that, buddy. Might as well take her with you and let her help.

First of all, Nikki + lingerie = win. Now that I have the blatant objectification out of the way I must admit that it did not suck, especially the second episode. Hiro and HRG are still the best characters but Sylar fighting on the side of right will be interesting. Mohinder, as usual, made the wrong decision and for once he might actually pay for it.

The no-one-ever-dies really bugs the shit out of me but I guess I will tolerate it for now. They've really written themselves into a hole with that crap.

[quote name='Sarah L. Palin' post='1527915' date='Sep 22 2008, 22.23']"You're special, Claire. You can't die. Unlike Nathan Petrelli, Noah Bennett, Linderman, Nikki Sanders, Peter Petrelli, me after the season one cliffhanger, and anybody else who has access to your magical healing blood as well as any interesting guest stars that Tim Kring'd like to bring back for sweeps, you cannot be killed."[/quote]

If you don't mind, this has to be my new sig line.

Having switched all the rational parts of my brain off before watching, I actually really enjoyed that. Plenty of new developments, and not too many dull parts. Claire seems like she's going to go into uber-whiny mode again, but other than that it seemed like most of the characters have the potential to be at least somewhat interesting with development. If you get involved in it enough to forget the fact that noone seems to stand a chance of dying, it can be quite fun. ;)

Of course, I never really followed any of the X-Men stuff, so I have nothing to hold it up against and find it wanting.

Sir Thursday

[quote name='Dagger' post='1528481' date='Sep 23 2008, 11.45']The no-one-ever-dies really bugs the shit out of me but I guess I will tolerate it for now. They've really written themselves into a hole with that crap.[/quote]

you mean besides Isaac, D.L., Simone, Maya's Brother, Richard Roundtree, Ted and Bob?

this show is completely brain bubble-gum. no substance or real meaning, but fun.

Enjoyed:
Sylar getting Claire's power
Sylar killing Bob
Hiro saying "the game's afoot"
Mrs. Petrelli's vision of the 'Brotherhood'
Parkman talking to a turtle

Hated:
Mohinder's idiocy
Nikki, Jessica, who?
Nathan's a born-again
Elle *not* dying
Peter's trapped and it's really future Peter (why don't they just give him a goatee)

Archived