NFL Thread: Training Camps open

DanteGabriel

I'd like to see Favre get a hefty fine for his gutless, knee crunching block he put on Eugene Wilson. What an asshole. I grew up loving Favre (as most kids my age did despite living in MA), now I can't think of a quarterback that I despise more than him. (currently playing...other than Elisha Manning)

Pacman will soon discover that Canada has its share of strip clubs. Didn't see the Farve block, just read about it. Found a Video - Farve Block His response was nauseating.

"Believe me, I hope [Wilson is] OK," Favre said. "I hope it didn't look as bad on film as it may have seemed but my intentions, believe me, were not to hurt anyone, including myself. . . . Believe me, my intentions were not to be cheap. . . . I'll be 40 years old in October and was weeding 13 days ago. I wasn't thinking about throwing blocks."

But I do think the NFL needs to be consistent protecting all players. Pollard didn't get a fine for hitting Brady. Fine. But now the NFL makes a rule against it? What is the NFL saying? So now hitting a QB low is illegal but it was ok before. The fines will fly this year for everything from untied shoelaces to late hits. But it still pisses me off that the guy who crushed Welker last year got nothing. Consistency. :dunno:

Dear Brettney,

Okay. We get it. You were jerking yourself on your tractor in Kiln, Mississippi just long enough to avoid having to report to training camp. You've hauled your aging diva ass onto the field and are reluctant to act like an actual football player. But hey, Gunslinger who just plays for Love of the Game, who Slings It Around Like a Kid, Eugene Wilson is 50 lbs lighter than you, and you were coming up blind on him. Lead with your fucking shoulder instead of diving at his knees like a little bitch. If you're not in playing form on blocking technique, maybe you shouldn't be a blocker on a play. If you're too much of a prima donna to throw a real NFL block, perhaps you should refrain from, you know, playing in the NFL.

"Believe me, I hope [Wilson is] OK," Favre said. "I hope it didn't look as bad on film as it may have seemed but my intentions, believe me, were not to hurt anyone, including myself. . . . Believe me, my intentions were not to be cheap. . . . I'll be 40 years old in October and was weeding 13 days ago. I wasn't thinking about throwing blocks."

This is the weakest of weak sauce.

Maybe if you weren't such a prima donna you'd have been in camp working on this play and learning how to execute it properly, Brett.

That attitude is going to get Favre seriously injured. You don't think that NFL players aren't thinking about who does these sorts of things?

"Sorry, Brett, but when you go out to block and act like a WR instead of a QB, I can't be bothered to check whether you might have the ball or whether you're even near the play. If you happen to get carried out like a junior varsity second stringer and thrown into the opposing bench on a block, so it goes."

Sometimes I wish the NFL community on this board had some Favre defenders, just for the sport of it.

They are pretty few and far between at this point. I used to like the guy (wouldn't call myself a fan though). But that was back when he was, ya know, playing. The last three years have just been ridiculous.

He wore out his welcome after the first two times he retired.

Agreed. I didn't like the Packers, but I always had respect for Favre. His will he/won't he act of the last few years has ruined his reputation in my eyes.

As to the play, I was watching and it was cheap to my eyes. I was stunned that Tirico and Jaws didn't make a bigger deal of it. Yes, they mentioned it... but they didn't take him to task for it. The NFL needs to step up and show that their rules are for everyone, not just linemen and DB's. As to his lame excuse... if you're not in good enough shape to be playing the game, you should probably not be playing. There are plenty of examples where people who aren't skilled or in shape can cause injuries to the people around them, this is no different.

I know a few Farve defenders, but they are no fun. They are women who like country music and watch a little NFL on the side. I am not joking.

Any interesting cuts? Saw Toomer got cut from KC and Detroit signed Kevin O’Connell NE's 3rd round QB, from 2008 cut yesterday.

Toomer may be a good pickup for the Bears. If anything it will temporarily shut up the haters... well, probably not.

As for Favre, I believe I'll have lots to say (by say I mean cackle and gloat) when he either gets knocked the fuck out by someone or blows Minnesota's playoff/Super Bowl hopes. For now, we pretty much all know he's a piece of crap so there's no need to add beyond that.

I don't particularly see the need for defending Favre over that play. Was it cheap? You bet. That shit happens alot especially by QB's and WR's. It's a crackback. The refs are supposed to catch it but they don't all the time so it still goes on. Unfortunately the guy got hurt this time. Either way nobody would be talking about this if it wasn't Favre.

But because it is Favre you have people coming out of the woodwork to say how dirty he is and bla bla. It's as old as his retirement routine. He retired, then came back, then retired, and came back. Get over it.

He wore out his welcome after the first two times he retired.

He's only retired twice.

Oh, you're not going to like this, Mexal:

Rookie right tackle Andre Smith(notes) broke his left foot during practice Tuesday, only two days after he ended his holdout with the Cincinnati Bengals.

The first-round pick sustained a small fracture in the foot during a non-contact drill in his third workout since signing his deal, another major setback to his chances of winning the starting job this season.

"Our medical staff tells me the injury will not require surgery," coach Marvin Lewis said. "It's too soon to closely predict how long it will be before he can return to practice, but it looks like he's going to miss a few weeks."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Akcz...p&type=lgns

Oh, you're not going to like this, Mexal:

Sure as night follows day, you can count on training camp hold-outs to get injured...its severity generally directly correlated to how long they held out. If Crabtree ever signs, there's no doubt in my mind he'll be hit by a wayward Greyhound Bus on the third play from scrimmage.

Archived