Lyanna Stark

Arya of Winterfell

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

You've got to be kidding me. Lyanna is supposed to be spirited, attractive and charismatic.

She's also supposed to be Show!Jon's mother, so that open mouth she often displays in movies is a plus.

Seriously though, I think she's quite pretty, although in a non-conventional sort of way.

I saw Gemma Arton in Clash of the Titans (ugh) and she was about as appealing as cardboard. Kristin Stewart, purely on her looks would work great, but she does not have the personality to pull off the role from what I've seen. Liv Tyler's a bit old for the role and I don't see her having the fierceness for Lyanna, she doesn't have wolfs blood.

I rather like Kaya Scodelario at this point.

Arya is supposed to look like Lyanna. Why not Maisie Williams made up to look like a girl for a change? She is 16 now and if they ever get around to shooting it should be the right age to play the part.

The "people look like exact clones of their parents or ancestors at the same age" is one of the most annoying and idiotic cliches on film and TV.

And Arya is supposed to look like Lyanna in the book, not in the show. Book Arya looks like book Jon - in others words, Jon looks like Lyanna. Show Jon and show Arya look nothing alike, so there's absolutely no reason for Arya to look like Lyanna on the show, especially since it's never been brought up and it likely has no importance in the book either, except to hint at R+L=J.

I don't know what the big deal is with Eva Green- she seems more like Cersei or Mel to me. She does have the Northerner look but I think she's too sinful looking for Lyanna.

I agree, Jessica Brown Findlay is my head cannon for Lyanna. The Youtube videos with her as Lyanna swayed me to that opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FVwUajvR0I

However, seeing as we're coming up with different actresses to choose from. I'll go with Adelaide Kane (some of the recent Roberts rebellion videos with her are actually really good). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM9U-qxxUnc

However, in that particular video, the person playing Robert (Richard from The White Queen) would make a good Rhaegar with a silver wig, I think.

Archived