Bravest moment in your opinion

OGtargaryen

Dalbridge sacrificing himself to try and hold off the wildlings for as long as possible for Qhorin and Jon.

Osha saving Bran and Rickon.

Wyman Manderly and the game he's playing now.

The entire crew of rangers under Qhorin Halfhand's command seemed like some of the bravest and best soldiers in the realm.

Waymer Royce. He knows that he is going to be killed and be doomed to undeath by the very embodiment of terror for anyone born in Westeros and heard stories about the Others during childhood. And yet, he makes it his finest moment. His father would have been proud. Honorable mentions are many, but Barristan attempting to put himself between a dragon and his queen must be the best among them, if not rivalling ser Waymer's death. Ser Waymer does indeed die though and therefore gets the nod from me for hightest balls-to-fucks-given ratio.

In fact, they both break the scale by not giving a solitary fuck between them. You can't have a denominator of zero afteral.

The First Sword of Bravos does not run.

Syrio Forel was such a badass when he fended off multiple Lannister house guards with only one wooden stick. In the show they really did a great job of making it how it was in the books. I wonder if Syrio perished or survived that ordeal....

For me one of the most brave and chilling moments came from the Prologue of A Game Of Thrones.

When Waymar Royce fought the Other,

"Dance with me then." He lifted his sword high over his head, defiant. His hands trembled from the weight of it, or perhaps from the cold. Yet in the moment, Will thought, he was a boy no longer, but a man of the Night's Watch."

This to me is so insanely brave because he is not fighting an outlaw, or an opponent on a battelfield, but an Other. he did not run, he did not sink to his knees weeping, he stood there and shouted FOR ROBERT and attacked! How many of the other characters, including major ones could have the courage to do the same? Yes Sam did, which was also brave but he was also on the verge of giving up on life at the moment.

Share yours!

I agree!

Robb Stark in the whispering wood and just all around leading as battle commander. Granted he had his guard but I mean he lead them mang. More than joff could say

I agree with 99.999% stated above, I'am adding Sansa Starks's silent bravery, asking for mercy for her father, Looking at the heads telling Joffery maybe her brother will give her his head and then really thinking of pushing the idiot over the battlement with her self included, refusing to kneel for Tyrion, going alone to the Godswood in KL, actually taking the chance to escape and getting SR down the Eyrie.

When Catelyn stood between Bran and a would be assassin and when she was willing to die to protect Robb. The strongest female in the series

When Arya went into the fire to save Jaquen and Biter and that other dude, she saved their lives

Sansa's whole journey has been nothing but bravery

Bran being only 9 and traveling a great distance

Brienne protecting the children and still trying to find Sansa is really brave

Robb calling his banners

Jon and protecting the Wildings at all cost even if they are the Night Watch's enemy

Barristen telling the dragon to eat him

Pod saving Tyrion

Arya vs. Joffrey.

Jon vs. the wight to save LC Mormont.

Robb beating Jaime's forces.

Sandor vs. Beric with a flaming sword.

Dany walking into a pyre.

Sansa escaping away from KL.

I agree with 99.999% stated above, I'am adding Sansa Starks's silent bravery, asking for mercy for her father, Looking at the heads telling Joffery maybe her brother will give her his head and then really thinking of pushing the idiot over the battlement with her self included, refusing to kneel for Tyrion, going alone to the Godswood in KL, actually taking the chance to escape and getting SR down the Eyrie.

:wub: Sansa love<3<3<3<3

She's not the bravest, not when there's Brienne and Halfhand, but seeing her getting credit here is awesome. All really good moments. She's a badass.

Brienne of Tarth.

Every single moment of her life.

This. The woman faces a load of BS every day of her life and she still follows her heart no matter what.

Catelyn defending Bran. It takes nerve to knowingly grab a dagger blade even when the alternative is worse.

Im gonna throw Sansa a bone here because this took BALLS.

Joffrey gave a petulant shrug. “Your brother defeated my uncle Jaime. My mother says it was treachery and deceit. She wept when she heard. Women are all weak, even her, though she pretends she isn’t. She says we need to stay in King’s Landing in case my other uncles attack, but I don’t care. After my name day feast, I’m going to raise a host and kill your brother myself. That’s what I’ll give you, Lady Sansa. Your brother’s head.”

A kind of madness took over her then, and she heard herself say, “Maybe my brother will give me your head.”

and

The outer parapet came up to her chin, but along the inner edge of the walk was nothing, nothing but a long plunge to the bailey seventy or eighty feet below. All it would take was a shove, she told herself. He was standing right there, right there,smirking at her with those fat wormlips. You could do it, she told herself. You could. Do it right now. It wouldn’t even matter if she went over with him. It wouldn’t matter at all.

This thread makes me feel like a coward. :(

Lots of great moments mentioned already but some of these characters have done so much, it doens't feel right just calling out a moments.

- Daovs for saving Edric Storm and his time with Manderly thinking he was going to die.

- Brienne over and over again.

- Bran who is going beyond the wall at only nine years of age.

- Arya for pretty much everything.

- Sansa for surviving the cesspit that is KL with her compassion and dignity intact.

- Catelyn for being totally awesome.

And pretty much everything else that has been said.

It seems to me that women are genuinly braver than men in ASOIAF. I mean, look at Sansa, who survived hell, Brienne and Arya who fought every second, Catelyn who fought for her children, QoT murdering Joffrey...Men`s bravery in ASOIAF is so common, while women are example to all female characters out theere.

^ehhh i dont know. Its about equal i think. Jon has balls of valyrian steel and so does guys like Stannis. But Asha's got balls too. Arya, Ygritte, etc. The valyrian steel ballsacks are equipped on everyone in the story. Even if they have a vag or wang.. :)

Archived