[book spoilers] what if...

Aerys Blackfyre

... they resurrect Talisa instead of Cat?

I had this idea while I was reading some comments (in the season 3 soundtrack thread) about the song Mysha, that probably will be used in the last part of the episode, in a scene that hopefully will feature a triumphant Dany and the resurrection. But, since the song is in Valyrian, it wouldn't be very appropriate for Catelyn, while Talisa... Valyrian is her mother tongue, and she was a mother (mysha) too, the mother to be of Eddard Stark, Prince in the North... and think about the way she was killed in episode 9...

Of course, since this would be a huge deviation from the books, I don't think it will happen, and I do hope so, since I'm a Lady Stoneheart fan, and I'd really like to see her in the show...

but indeed, isn't this an interesting possibility?

The possibility is only interesting insofar as it is dreadful, and I'm glad they didn't do it.

Had they introduced Talisa Stoneheart, I'd probably have to join the book purist perpetual complainer club for the rest of my life.

Please, no. I had that horrible thought already a few hours ago. That would be the worst move D&D have ever made, and that's saying a lot. I don't want UnTalisa; it's almost as bad as the recently debunked TalisaWind theory! Imagine UnTalisaWind!!! AAAUGH!!! :ack:

Imagine her walking around with her stabbed pregnant belly for all eternity, hanging Freys. Wrong on so many levels.

Would her unborn child come back to life too?

It'll be sticking out of her stomach like Kuato from Total Recall and it'll give the orders.

As much as I like(d) Cat, I don't see why it would be so bad for them to use Talisa instead of Cat (now excuse me while I go hide from the nightsoil-storm that this will surely cause)...

It's a little different from the books but no real reason they couldn't do it, D&D have already deviated from the books enough, so why not this?

I'm not a violent person, and not even a Talisa-hater, but if they do that...those two things could surely change. I don't think they will, Bran's dreaming of Catelyn seemed like foreshadowing to me.

I'm not a violent person, and not even a Talisa-hater, but if they do that...those two things could surely change. I don't think they will, Bran's dreaming of Catelyn seemed like foreshadowing to me.

Had completely forgotten about Bran's dream of Catelyn - many thanks for bringing it up. At the time I didn't think that much about it except for the nightmare quality where she pretty much pushed him out of the tree, but this is a great piece of foreshadowing, with the dream showing Catelyn becoming the scary and eerie LS that she turns out to be.

ETA: Don't know if I qualify as a true Talisa hater, but I certainly lean pretty far towards that camp. If she ends up being LS, I'll either have to stop watching the HBO series (which I know full well I won't be able to do) or else just resign myself to skipping right over the parts showing unTalisa.

What would UnTalisas motivation to have Brienne bring Jamie to her be?

I just don't see it as feesible.

UnCat has so much hate that Talisa didn't have.

Cat went through so much more tragedy than Talisa ever did so I don't see them finding a good motivation for an UnTalisa.

Plus, just no.

It wouldn't fit unless they changed the Jaime/Brienne story arc, which is not outside the realm of possibility since they've already changed that quite a bit w/ them arriving at KL already. I hope they don't go this route. People like Cat, nobody likes Talisa.

Can't find the interview but there was that odd comment by Michelle Fairley about actors knowing how long they will be around by the length of their contracts

Was she talking about hers, or Richard Madden's or Oona Chaplin's?

As guess for major characters you sign to multi-year contracts , there being a clause that they may get such and such a payoff if the series is canceled?

Was , say, Charles Dance signed to a 4 year contract?

From what , little evidence we have, Esme Bianco seemingly signed for just one season but was in three, maybe for second stringers it's year by year?

Saw an interview with her were she said she didn't think her character would make it as far as it did, she happy enough with run.

Saw interviews with Amrita Acharia and Roxanne McKee, who must be book readers, that they were mildly put out by being eliminated last season (yeah I know Doreah was dead in the books) but they must have known that even by the end of ADwD all of Dany's Dothraki hand maidens were still alive. I can't remember which actress said she didn't know she was going to be killed off until late into the shooting.

So far Dave and Dan have stuck with the order of the first stringers who bite the dust in the novels.

Boy Mackenzie Crook didn't get much screen time! I thought Orell stuck around longer in the books?

Archived