GOODKIND III

Werthead

Hey, isn't from a time when richard throttles a monster, while the monster says he loves him, then he says he loves him too? I thought it was a made up quote at the time.

He wasn't throttling the monster (Gar), he killed its mother and felt guilty, so he adopted the little critter and they became the best of friends.

How far down the chain does responsibility for the actions of drug dealers go, I wonder? I'm thinking about the millions of people who bought Beatles albums through the 60s...

It's said that there are only 6 degrees of separation between any two people on the planet. So I think it's fair to say, using Terry's logic, that every single person on the planet is complicit in that murder he mentioned.

How far down the chain does responsibility for the actions of drug dealers go, I wonder? I'm thinking about the millions of people who bought Beatles albums through the 60s...

From reading TG replies I feel I can make an informed opinion on this one. It goes all the way down. Not just the people that brought those albums. But also the people that ran the stores where those albums were brought. And on to the but the people that that ran the machines that made the albums and the people that made the machines that the people ran to make the albums to the people that produced the food of the people that made the machines that the people ran to make the albums to the store people that sold them to the people that brought them.

Yep according to that logic everyone is guilty of everything ever done, equally. Good thing that I believe in individuality and only hold the people that did the action responsible for their own actions.

In fact I'm nearly certain that 90% of the books he sells are to people that are just curious how far his dementia has progressed.

I lurk allot at a used bookstore in my area.. they have almost all copies of SoT in both paperback and hardcover. Im fairly sure they havent sold a single one in months.

Re: Richard and Violet

You know what mystar's rationalization remind me of?

I was at a family gathering and there was an eight-year old boy (son of a cousin of an in-law). He was saying that going to school is the most horrible thing in the world and that it is a punishment to children to have to go to school. So I told him that I actually enjoyed school and also that learning can be fun. He cocked his head and then asked, "well, what if they will kill your family if you go to school? Would that still be fun?"

It was then that I realized that the boy was just an allegory for evil. His is a boy that is not a boy. An evil boy. To stop the evil from spreading, I kicked his face in. He crumbled to the floor, with blood spurting out. I kindly turned him over so he would be less likely to drown in his own blood (blood that I made spill, nonetheless). After I did that, the cousin of the in-law came up to me and thanked me for helping him find meaning in his life. I laughed. He laughed. His wife then came up and thanked me for making her husband worthy of her love. I clapped her on the back, and all the men laughed. The women, they didn't laugh.

I then put on my wizard robe and crapped on their chests.

Oh yeah? Well, I was at a family gathering, and there was this girl there who had been raped!!! You condone of this here on this board!! Why do you want her to be raped?? Take some responsibility for others' actions, people!

It was then that I realized that the boy was just an allegory for evil. His is a boy that is not a boy. An evil boy. To stop the evil from spreading, I kicked his face in. He crumbled to the floor, with blood spurting out. I kindly turned him over so he would be less likely to drown in his own blood (blood that I made spill, nonetheless). After I did that, the cousin of the in-law came up to me and thanked me for helping him find meaning in his life. I laughed. He laughed. His wife then came up and thanked me for making her husband worthy of her love. I clapped her on the back, and all the men laughed. The women, they didn't laugh.

:rofl:

Denna stepped between them, snatching the Agiel from Princess Violet's hand. "Enough! You will kill him if you use the Agiel in that way."

"Thank you, Mistress Denna," he panted. He felt a peculiar affection for her, at the way she stepped to his defense.

Princess Violet took a step back, her face a picture of bad temper. "I don't care if I kill him!"

Denna's voice was cool and authoritative. "Well, I do. He is too valuable to waste in this manner." Denna was clearly the one in charge around here. Not the Princess, not even the Queen. Denna was an agent of Darken Rahl.

Thanks for clarifying that...:D I don't have a copy of the book, but I pretty sure Violet was with someone (Deanna) when she was torturing Richard...

I think Richard kicked her because he felt his thing rise, and he needed to release it. XD

It's the same logic that makes people boycot companies that use sweatshops, or people who refuse to buy diamonds because of all the chaos, death and destruction the diamond industry causes in places like Sierra Leone.

Point taken. I actually have friends who shows their protest by not buying/boycotting a certain product or a store.

To use your example, boycotting diamonds because of the practices used in obtaining them is certainly a reasonable and some would say admirable act. Saying that anyone that thinks that buying a diamond is ok is a soulless communist with no morals, on the other hand, gets you laughed at.

True.

And Richard simply kicked her. He didn't keep beating on her nor did her continue to harangue her, but when he saw that she was drowning in her own blood, helped her to turn over so she would have a chance at life.

He didn't simply kick her. He shattered her jaw, and as a result of his kick he cut off her tongue.

I am somewhat stunned that somehow over 400 posts have been made on this topic over the last week or so. :huh: I think we're generating more traffic than all of the 'proper' GK forums put together.

that is because we are all diseased, Wert. We have an addiction that cannot be sated. :cry:

I blame you X-ray (though you are trying to hide your identify!). It was a couple of your witty but snarky comments that got me addicted to this thread, and now I can't spot. :cry:

But I guess I can't blame you... If I follow the teachings of the Yeardi Master I must except that I am just as much to blame for GioG as you and yours that started it. For I have partaken of the drug and so supported the murder of thousands.... :cry:

that is because we are all diseased, Wert. We have an addiction that cannot be sated. :cry:

Yeah but 400 posts and 21 pages in 9 days? It took months to get Goodkind II up to that level. It'll be soon time to open the fourth thread on the topic! :lol: What monster have we created?

I blame you X-ray (though you are trying to hide your identify!). It was a couple of your witty but snarky comments that got me addicted to this thread, and now I can't spot.

Yeah, X, I hope you feel good for having corrupted this innocent (?) poster to our depraved Goodkind ways? It's now so bad she can't see, apparently! ;)

I think we should salute our brothers-in-arms on Malazanempire. They seem to be getting the hang of it:

Thank you for showing me life is worth living? If I ever heard an actual person say that in real life I would kill them. Its so corny!

Yeah but 400 posts and 21 pages in 9 days? It took months to get Goodkind II up to that level. It'll be soon time to open the fourth thread on the topic! :lol: What monster have we created?

The Influx of TTNE regulars can really push a thread into overdive. We are the proffesionals.

Yeah but 400 posts and 21 pages in 9 days? It took months to get Goodkind II up to that level. It'll be soon time to open the fourth thread on the topic! What monster have we created?

Yes it is true, I used to make sweet, sweet love to my wife 2 or 3 times a night. Walk and play with my dog at least 30 minutes every night. I was the top salesperson of my company for six months in a roll and in line for that big promotion. I even made time to be the captain of the local ping-pong team.

then I found GioG and this thread. It is the first thing I check when I wake up and the last thing I check before I go to sleep. I haven't made my numbers since. My dog no longer recognizes me. Brad is now the captain of the local ping-pong team and I think he makes sweet sweet love to my wife 2 or 3 times a night.

I need help.

I'll be checking here for advice.

peace.

I think we should salute our brothers-in-arms on Malazanempire. They seem to be getting the hang of it:

But are they giving you all the credit you richly deserve for all of this? And have they discovered GioG yet? :P

Archived