Favourite original line?

Dragonstoned

I liked Tyrion to Varys before Blackwater when he's told of Dany and her dragons, 'one game at a time'.

There are also lots of moments where the show has slightly changed book lines and made them sound better. Off the top of my head Tywin to Tyrion in the s1 finale 'madness, madness and stupidity' is superior to 'madness, rank madness', and Jaime's 'there are no men like me, only me' just flows better than the book's 'there are no men like me, there's only me'.

Many great ones, some of which have been repeated.

I just want to bring attention to 2 lines that were already written here in this forum, but they bear repeating:

1- "My real father lost his head in King's Landing" --Theon

2- "Careful now. Wouldn't want to get blood all over that pretty cloak of yours"---Bronn. His delivery, his acting, the way he intimidates Meryn Trant...great work.

Anytime there’s a scene between Varys and Littlefinger I turn into a giddy little school girl because the writing and the delivery is always golden.

I have to say, Cersei’s “In the King’s Wood …” monologue during Blackwater was also pretty epic. Surprised it hasn’t been mentioned yet.

Especially considering all the foreshadowing.

"I say he betrayed me for firm tits and a tight fit"

Walder Frey.

"I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage, I made the bald man cry, into the turtle stew!"

Tyrion

"I would have hoped you learned your lesson about overplaying your......position"

Roose Bolton

I can't remember it exactly, but it made me cry with laughter.

Varys: Do you lie awake at night, fearing my gash?

Any Varys/Littlefinger dialogue is brilliant.

I love their dialogues, I really do! But I truly laughed when LF said something to Varys (can't remember the exact line, but was a few moments before your quote), and Varys superbly replied: "Oh, come on, you can do better than this."

I love their dialogues, I really do! But I truly laughed when LF said something to Varys (can't remember the exact line, but was a few moments before your quote), and Varys superbly replied: "Oh, come on, you can do better than this."

I believe it was something very similar to this:

Varys: "I must be the only man in this city who doesn't want to be King."

LF: "You must be the only man in this city who...isn't a man."

Varys: "<disappointed scoff> You can do better than that!"

"You are a bastard. A daughter-fucking, wildling bastard."

God I hope Burn Gorman's role is bigger than a throwaway cameo. That line delivery was perfect.

I loved the deep breath he took to steal himself before he delivered it. He knew Craster was gonna come flying at him with an axe and he thought "Nah, I got this"

Archived