Breaking Bad - Final Season - SPOILERS. The Rise of Skysenberg. (Thread 3.)

Mya Stone

Walt and Jesse were beyond reconciliation anyway, Jesse was going there bugged to get a confession, not to make nice with Heisenberg. They were so far beyond reconciliation that Jesse could mistake a random guy for an assassin in broad daylight with Walt at the scene.

You never know with Walt - he could have made it work somehow - especially as Jesse was starting to get a whiff of that "I'll burn whoever to take Walt down" that Skylar picked up off Hank. Hank didn't do himself any favours by reminding Jesse of all the good things Walt had done for him too.

I do think Walt's chances were slim this time but his arrogance probably made him think he could do it. That and I don't think he wants to kill Jesse.

As an aside I loved the Walt with a gun scene at the start, It's great how he is so incredibly dangerous yet at the same time quite ineffective as a gunman.

That scene was from Jesse's point of view and a lot of guys would look creepy to Jesse at that moment. Also the guy might be looking at Jesse that way, because Jesse was looking creepy himself.

This is exactly what I thought. What if the other bald guy was thinking 'hey who the hell is this creepy guy? Why does he keep looking at me like that? He better not do something to my daughter, I'll keep an eye on him.'

I'm just wondering, how much does Skyler know of what Walt has done? She knows he ran a meth empire and the nursing home, but does she know about Brock? Or Gale? Or the ten witnesses? (I assume nobody in the world but Walter knows about Jane.) The nursing home alone made her hate him, and she knew that the only victims there were players. Still, when I watched episode 10, I thought Hank would "flip" her just by telling her of some of the things Walt has done.

I guess she just assumed that, because he ran a drug empire, he has to have done some ruthless shit in order to keep his business running, since that's how it generally works.

I'm just wondering, how much does Skyler know of what Walt has done? She knows he ran a meth empire and the nursing home, but does she know about Brock? Or Gale? Or the ten witnesses? (I assume nobody in the world but Walter knows about Jane.) The nursing home alone made her hate him, and she knew that the only victims there were players. Still, when I watched episode 10, I thought Hank would "flip" her just by telling her of some of the things Walt has done.

I guess she just assumed that, because he ran a drug empire, he has to have done some ruthless shit in order to keep his business running, since that's how it generally works.

I don't see how she could know about Brock. Not sure about the Mike's guys, she may if she knows that they were related to Gus. As for Gale, I'm sure it dawned on her that Walt had something to do with that after the "I am the one who knocks" speech.

This is the kind of episode that would have been/will be great on a binge watch of BB. But was extremely frustrating for me while waiting a week for BB after the "Confession" episode and then I get this and I'm thinking "That's it? That's all that's going to happen?" and it's another week for the next episode.

So, kind of frustrating, it felt like everything that happened plotwise in the episode could have been told in 10 minutes but they stretched it out. Again, if I had the next episode to go right into, I might have relished the performances and the way this episode sets up things for the next episode, but as one drink of BB between weeks, it wasn't enough to quench. More my problem than the show's I suppose unless the next couple episodes are going to be like this stretching things out until the final or last two episodes, and then all the shit hits the fan, but I don't think so. I think the pace should be back up to the first 3 episodes by next week, at least I hope so.

I loved it. The show is totally unpredictable at this point. I had guessed that Hank was personally tailing Jesse and would intervene, but also thought about Walt Jr being at home. Just wasn't sure, so the show is successful at throwing me for a loop.

This was just a prep episode for some of the crazier shit that's coming towards the conclusion. I like that Todd is now back in play. Aaron Paul promises the ending is good, so I'm confident they figured out a satisfying end. So long as it's not Sopranos bullshit, it should be fine.

Anyone notice that Hank and Marie have the Deadwood boxset? Funny little easter egg.

I imagine they joke about how Skylar looks like one of the cast members :)

I also liked the shout out to Babylon 5 - seems only fair after the discussion about star trek transporters.

Here's how I could see it going down - Walt somehow has to end up pissing off the Nazis, so what if he has an abrupt change of heart, and kills Todd or some henchman who's about to kill Jesse? Then Walt, realizing what he's done, has to get the fuck outta there, so he digs up some money and uses the disappearing guy. Then cue the flash forward, and all bets are off.

Am I the only one who enjoyed the ending of the Sopranos?

You're in the minority from what I've seen. I hated it not only because it was so abrupt and random, but because David Chase was such an ass about it when asked about his take on it. It soured my impression of the entire show, unfortunately (still a phenomenal show though). Edit: I never went back and reconsidered the ending, so maybe my opinion would change if I did. But my first impression wasn't good.

Someone upthread mentioned that Jesse may have had other reasons besides the big bald guy looking at him for turning around and aborting the mission. Something occurred to him as he was standing there for so long thinking about whether to approach Walt or not.

It's not reasonable that he just flips out because there's a guy standing there then turns around and comes up with this master plan to take down Walt. This has been something he's been rolling around in his head for a while, IMO.

Someone upthread mentioned that Jesse may have had other reasons besides the big bald guy looking at him for turning around and aborting the mission. Something occurred to him as he was standing there for so long thinking about whether to approach Walt or not.

It's not reasonable that he just flips out because there's a guy standing there then turns around and comes up with this master plan to take down Walt. This has been something he's been rolling around in his head for a while, IMO.

It could be that Jesse is just totally bluffing about the whole thing. Maybe he wants to make Walt feel uncomfortable and force him into action, where he'll incriminate himself. I can't picture Jesse coming up with an actual master plan to outsmart a drug kingpin. Only Walt is capable of that. And because he phoned up Todd, Walt didn't call Jesse's bluff (if it is a bluff).

Here's how I could see it going down - Walt somehow has to end up pissing off the Nazis, so what if he has an abrupt change of heart, and kills Todd or some henchman who's about to kill Jesse? Then Walt, realizing what he's done, has to get the fuck outta there, so he digs up some money and uses the disappearing guy. Then cue the flash forward, and all bets are off.

I could see The Nazis maybe with Lydias advice kidnapping Jesse and forcing him to cook instead of killing him since Todd is just average at meth making lol. That would probably piss Walt off as well.

Jesse can make meth of the same quality, but like Victor, I wonder if he could account for variables like humidity which Walt brought up in Box Cutter. Jesse was there long enough to learn how to recreate Walt's product, I don't know if he could make adjustments without blowing a whole batch.

I could see The Nazis maybe with Lydias advice kidnapping Jesse and forcing him to cook instead of killing him since Todd is just average at meth making lol. That would probably piss Walt off as well.

That's also possible, but they've gotta give Meth Damon a chance too!

But seriously where the hell is this show going? Not that I'm complaining (ok I am), but I thought there'd be a major death by now, forcing a big shift in the show. Unless there's a death or 2 next episode, this show might have trouble cramming that massive shitstorm in the last couple episodes. Plus there's an eventual time jump. I just hope they don't save all the deaths and major plots for the very end, as it might cheapen the impact. Obviously I still have faith in VG and Co, but with the end in sight, s5B has kind of been messing around so far.

As for Hank, he's always had a total disdain for criminals, and there's no reason for him to see Jesse as anything other than a crazy meth head. He doesn't know him or what he's been through. His eagerness to catch Walt reflects his own pride in the DEA environment. Remember when he tried to start a fight while unarmed in the bar in season 3? I have a feeling that being outfoxed by Walt in the last episode has left Hank feeling desperate to prove himself.

Yupp. Him not caring if Jesse dies made me think back to times where I questioned Hank's aggression:

• He manipulated Walter Jr. into helping him investigate Gus;
  • He did the same with Walt (in his mind);
  • He was ready to eliminate a ton of DEA funding by investigating Gus on a hunch--he was right, but it was still just a hunch.
  • (A weaker point) He showed no sympathy for Mike giving EVERYTHING to his granddaughter.
  • He's always made jokes when the criminals get murdered.

Hank has always been proud, and the bar scene was a great moment to show that. Heisenberg leading him on a merry farce of a hunt has him feeling worthless, and I think that is the main reason he has been so furious over the reveal; not because it was Walt that he was chasing, but rather because it was timid chemistry teacher and cancer patient Walt that made a fool of him.

Archived