Targaryen love

Nami

Since there is a Baratheon one, I think the awesome dragon riders need some lovin' too, especially in this forum

They rode dragons, I mean come on, can it get any more awesome than that? I doubt it.

Fire and Blood!

Tell us your favorite Targ

One of the weaker old valarian families that goes on to subjugate an entire continent for over 300 years, mostly ruling well, what's not to love. Add om dragons, prophetic dragon dreams, purple eyes and silver hair and I'm pretty well bought in. Long live the Targs!

My favorite Targ is Benjen. I know many of you are probably wondering what I mean, but I think it should be obvious. Benjen is a secret Targ. He has blue-grey eyes and several Targs were known for having eyes that appeared blue. He's also an asshole, which is a distinctly Targaryen trait. He makes promises he cannot keep. Both he and Rhaegar promised to return, and they didn't. They could almost be brothers. They both played a vital role in starting Robert's Rebellion. Rhaegar died with the name of Lyanna on his lips and there is evidence that Benjen died with the name of Puddleanna on his lips. Plus, Benjen is dead and all the best Targs are the dead ones, so obviously he's a secret Targ.

A pathetic dinasty of twisted people who fXXk between relatives, usually with really mad examples, who thought they were above normal men and law as gods just because they got special weapons.

Finally they found out they were just flesh and bones, as everybody else, by the hammer of a really cool guy.

Westeros is a really old place, and less than 285 years of rule ar really just a blink.

A pathetic dinasty of twisted people who fXXk between relatives, usually with really mad examples, who thought they were above normal men and law as gods just because they got special weapons.

Finally they found out they were just flesh and bones, as everybody else, by the hammer of a really cool guy.

Let's be honest. There were only about three mad Targaryen kings.

One of them actually being quite a decent guy.

Yup. Though he wasn't a good ruler, his madness wasn't the evil crazy type of madness.

:( what about gods fliping a coin with every targ, with totally crazy in one side?

Sure, there's been crazy targs. Only three have actually become monarchs though.

In the novels, they seem to be all a bunch of arrogant pricks who think they're gods and better than everyone elsse just because their culture happened to have dragons. And they mostly are. Northerners had Wargs and shit and you don't see them inbreeding or whatever.

After reading Dunk and Egg, though, I don't hate them that much anymore. Too bad there's not a Baelor Breakspear in the novels storyline.

I don't think Jon counts, we don't even know if he'll ever find out he's a Targ... And I don't really care for blood anyway.

Archived