Game of Thrones Season 4 Trailer Release Date?

SnakyPringle

There is no official date for a trailer/teaser yet.

In the past we got (based on articles from WiC.net):

Season 1:

first teaser - 13/06/2010 (Winter is Coming Teaser, aired before True Blood season premiere)

first trailer - 28/11/2010 (Clip Preview, aired before a Boardwalk Empire episode)

first full trailer - 03/03/2011 (The Game Begins Trailer)

Season 2:

first teaser - 25/09/2011 (Terror Tease, aired before a Boardwalk Empire season premiere)

first trailer - 29/01/2012 (Shadow Trailer, aired before the series premiere of Luck)

first full trailer - 25/02/2012 (Power and Grace Trailer)

Season 3:

first teaser - 18/11/2012 (Date Tease, aired before a Boardwalk Empire episode)

first trailer for a trailer - 21/02/2013 (because apparently trailers need trailers now :P)

first trailer - 22/02/2013 (S3 Trailer, aired during Jimmy Kimmel Live

first full trailer - 02/03/2013 (Extended S3 Trailer)

So basically, here's what I would expect:

Some short teaser announcing the S4 premiere date within the next few weeks, before one of the three (not including this week) remaining episodes. My guess would be just before the Boardwalk Empire season finale (24/11/2013). They could possibly air it before the Treme season premiere (01/12/2013), but I think the BE finale is more likely because it has around four times the number of viewers that Treme does.

As for real trailers, my guess would be just before the season finale of True Detective which, assuming they don't take any breaks, should be 03/03/2014. We might get a shorter trailer a few weeks before that, but I think that would be when they would debut the first full trailer.

• 2 weeks later...

Given that the first teasers for seasons 2 and 3 came out in September and November, I'd say we're about due for a teaser; probably just 20 seconds of disembodied quote with the date at the end. Then I would say around the new year we should get some clip/short preview trailers in the style of the 'chaos' preview for season 3, with just the actors faces on a black screen or something of the like. First full trailer I would expect in early march.

And keep in mind, some of the teasers hardly counted as trailers, like that one with the crow flying through the city.

I'm curious to see the motifs/color schemes of the season. Like, season 1 was the Iron Throne/"Winter is coming", S2 was the crown/"shadows"/"war", and S3 was the dragon/"chaos"/"fire"

That sounds like Tara Fitzgerald (Selyse Baratheon) narrating that promo. I hope they show more of her next season.

I do wonder why they made it the first trailer, yet that line never make it to the final editing (instead, the only scene Tara had was the jar babies one :ack: )

As for season 4 I will love something similar, but with Pedro Pascal saying "you rape her, you murderer, you kill her childrens"

Book readers will start first pumping of excitement and non readers will feel curious of what was that about

I think that that Tara Fitzgerald line was recorded specifically for the promo. The dramatic delivery she's using works well when you can't see her but would come across odd in a scene. And anyways who would she be saying that to?

They may very well use an Oberyn line but if they do he'll probably just talk vaguely about revenge.

They may very well use an Oberyn line but if they do he'll probably just talk vaguely about revenge.

They do like to use new character's voices, it seems; like in the season 2 teaser, it was Stannis, last year Selyse...

Oberyn would be great, I can picture him monologuing a trailer similar to the 'chaos' one, with a talk about revenge.

And keep in mind, some of the teasers hardly counted as trailers, like that one with the crow flying through the city.

I'm curious to see the motifs/color schemes of the season. Like, season 1 was the Iron Throne/"Winter is coming", S2 was the crown/"shadows"/"war", and S3 was the dragon/"chaos"/"fire"

Perhaps something involving the Wall, since there will be a massive battle there this season.

Archived