[Starz] Black Sails [Spoilers off the port bow!]

Commodore

A very solid finale. It was always going to be hard to live up to the previous episode though.

Great direction during the escape - it reminded me of "children of men".

It was also quite fitting that the first time Silver does something resembling decent he loses his leg for it. I'm relieved that in a sense it still wasn't a deliberate noble act as he'd already triggered a chain of events by stealing the keys - he had no choice but to hope his intial play worked. Still, I'm impressed he held out and now he has the crew's respect. I'm not entirely sure Flint bought Silver's "revelation" at the end but I reckon he thinks Silver has to be played along with - he may even be making the mistake of thinking he can be controlled.

My favourite scene was the look on Flint's face as people starting throwing vegetables at Miranda's corpse. That scene had me hating the townspeople too and it set up the final scenes in the sense I was basically supporting a town being destroyed. Not entirely sure what happened to the ships they were all afraid of though - was the implication that the freed crew were of sufficient number to run the war galley and therefore the threat of the other ships was negated?

Eagerly awaiting season 3. I guess there'll be a Guthrie rescue mission. Nassau, I guess, will be dealing with the instability a shit ton of gold brings a place. I suspect this is where Blackbeard will come into play?

Anyway, this is the benchmark for TV so far this year from what I've seen. I welcome all challengers eg Hannibal and I'm about to start the final season of Justified.

Hehehehe, Jack will become such a sass now that he layed his hands on the gold ! ^^

Didnt expect Silver's leg to go out that way (I was betting on something ala Randall in season 1) but it was nicely brought up ! And well done John for catching your mistake of lying to Flint about the gold and still keep your hands clean in it ! :)

In terms of the Jack/Max/Anne triangle was the resolution that Anne loves Max but will be loyal to Jack as a partner/friend? I had trouble fully appreciating the conversation. If that was her realisation i feel for Jack (he clearly feels more strongly about her) and Anne (as Max is clearly manipulating/using her). At least it doesn't seem to have torn Jack and Anne apart. Like you said, Jack may be distracting by his newfound wealth. Then again, I wouldn't want to be the person in charge when Vane and Flint get back. I'm pretty sure Vane will try and get Eleanor back but not 100% sure what Flint's goals will now be,

I actually worried the finale was going to be a let down, but the last twenty minutes or so just rolled right downhill...

I actually expected Flint to call Silver out that he knew about the gold all along.

If they're filming season three right now, why are they making us wait until next year? ??? WHY???? :p

My favourite scene was the look on Flint's face as people starting throwing vegetables at Miranda's corpse. That scene had me hating the townspeople too and it set up the final scenes in the sense I was basically supporting a town being destroyed.

It's a pretty amazing series that manages to get me to cheer for the slaughter of innocent people just because I sympathize that much with the town-destroying characters. Usually, see, I'm rather opposed to what is - let's face it - basically terrorism, even fictionally.

But here I was like "fuck yeah. FUCK that town, and fuck everyone in it!" I hope Flint embraces this new and dark path he's on.

I really didn't expect Silver's leg to go on screen. I figured the show would end with him still having two legs and then he lost it between the finale of the series and the beginning of Treasure Island. Overall though it was a really good finale, not crazy about buzzcut Flint though.

I really didn't expect Silver's leg to go on screen. I figured the show would end with him still having two legs and then he lost it between the finale of the series and the beginning of Treasure Island. Overall though it was a really good finale, not crazy about buzzcut Flint though.

did I miss something? did he get a haircut?

It's a pretty amazing series that manages to get me to cheer for the slaughter of innocent people just because I sympathize that much with the town-destroying characters. Usually, see, I'm rather opposed to what is - let's face it - basically terrorism, even fictionally.

But here I was like "fuck yeah. FUCK that town, and fuck everyone in it!" I hope Flint embraces this new and dark path he's on.

It shows us all the terrfiying power of a good narrative. Just imagine what it's like when having a real-life Flint tell his story and get people to take his side.

Very much this.

I also felt the humor was darkly fantastic, especially the exchanges between Flint and Vane as well as Billy upon their return to the ship.

There was something gloriously OTT about Vane's appearance and their little chat (that guards conveniently ignored) that maybe helped offset the fact we were cheering on the killing of innocents. Not to mention the fact Vane's rescue plan involved him assuming he wouldn't be hit by cannon fire. I guess that kind of behaviour inspires confidence.

I really didn't expect Silver's leg to go on screen. I figured the show would end with him still having two legs and then he lost it between the finale of the series and the beginning of Treasure Island.

I was surprised to see it happen now. The final season of the show it'd have to happen but with (many) more season(s) to come, I thought they'd avoid the "can't go back" hindrance of having the actor have to hide a leg from now on.

Archived