Hugo nominees for 2014 (shortlist @ post 156 on page 8)

beniowa

Also, I saw a tweet the other day which seems to confirm that you can update (overwrite) your nominations at any time up to the deadline.

So if there are a few items you are sure about, put them in now. You can submit revised lists, with the items you're debating, up to the 31st. (I'd recommend the 30th, personally, just in case.)

Bumping as there is less than a week left!

Also, Ben, thanks for maintaining that list. It was a huge help, reminding me what came out last year. I think (and I only bring it up because I assume these things have to be exact on our ballots) the Tregillis book was called Something More than Night, though.

Bumping as there is less than a week left!

Also, Ben, thanks for maintaining that list. It was a huge help, reminding me what came out last year. I think (and I only bring it up because I assume these things have to be exact on our ballots) the Tregillis book was called Something More than Night, though.

Thanks! I'm not sure how I messed that up. :blushing:

• 2 weeks later...

DR,

Its stock has gone way down. I'd like to see it rise again. Joke nominations like for "Sharknado", the movie "Hugo" (the same name (hurp durp)), or for a Hugo award acceptance speech are just ridiculous.

A win by Sharknado could also be interpreted as everything else wasn't good enough, this is how bad things are... of course makotohanabi will be voting for Sharknado because she truly enjoyed the craptacular spectacle. The only thing that would have improved it would have been a Danny Trejos cameo.

Alytha,

"Hugo" is a good film. However it is not speculative fiction, so not one that should be up for a Hugo.

And Gravity stands a good chance of being nominated this year, it is enough if a set of people think of something as speculative fiction. It is not like there is a good definition anyway. Part of the fun for me.

Archived