U.S. Politics: How bout them apples?

Jon Sprunk

If their credit score went kaboom, then obviously they weren't working hard enough and should be chucked out on their ass, their children sold to pay their debts and then have the debtors scourged through the streets with whips for good measure.

That's nonsensical and barbaric! The civilized approach is to bring back debtor's prisons and indentured servitude. That way we teach personal responsibility and give people an opportunity to pull themselves up by the bootstraps.

Not to jump into the middle of the converation but I'm kinda gonna do it anyway, just saying you could chuck me and mine into a debtors prison on some austrian beachfront property down unda and I'm lovin it oha yeah i'm loving it!!!! get some good buddiesin the place and maybe we go pick up some girls maybe not but come one you know that's where it's at yeah!@!!!

you can take you're bootstraps and bring em to my penal colony wooooot!

Not to jump into the middle of the converation but I'm kinda gonna do it anyway, just saying you could chuck me and mine into a debtors prison on some austrian beachfront property down unda and I'm lovin it oha yeah i'm loving it!!!! get some good buddiesin the place and maybe we go pick up some girls maybe not but come one you know that's where it's at yeah!@!!!

I mean, I know it's probably just a typo, or trolling, and possibly English is not your primary language...but this made me chuckle...the Austrian beachfront...

I mean, I know it's probably just a typo, or trolling, and possibly English is not your primary language...but this made me chuckle...the Austrian beachfront...

Man, Austria has got to have a few lakes.

apparently quite a few. I wonder if it's nice there this time of year?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lakes_in_Austria

Lol another shrimp on the barbie i know i f'ed up my bad. back on topic though is it better to have rights and pay into the government or just collect your check you tell me.

Based on that astute personal revaluation, you should probably stop participating in a geopolitical discussion.

sorry did describe my computer problem in another thread i think maybe this one, gonna fix it asap no more of this nonsense. lol.

But how many of those lakes are "down under"?

And Loras, please believe I was not trying to meanly mock, just a playful jab. Welcome to the board! :)

hey no harm no foul believe me a have a great sense of humor and athick skin.

But how many of those lakes are "down under"?

And Loras, please believe I was not trying to meanly mock, just a playful jab. Welcome to the board! :)

Maybe some of them are really big lakes?

Or maybe "down under" means something different in Austrian. Like "down under the ice cause it's fucking winter right now".

I prefer to think Fisty Loras merely harks back to the salad days of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, when they owned all the best sunset-watching beaches on the Adriatic Coast.

Ahhh, the days of yore. The salad days, when we were green in judgment, and cold in blood.

The government is quietly giving away more housing aid to rich people than poor people

In 2012, the federal government gave out $240 billion in housing aid. Income data is not available for all of it, but of what is available, more than half went to those with incomes greater than $100,000 ($81.6 billion). Only $40 billion went to those with incomes less than $50,000.

Overall, high income households receive four times as much in housing aid as low-income ones.

So unfortunate when yet another rightwing talking point goes by the wayside.

Archived