TTTNE #411: Dances with direwolves into 2014!

Adara

Morning Spammers!!!!!!!!!!!

Eira

Races are so idiosyncratic, you're bound to stumble into a win one of these days. The ones I've witnessed lately have not been won by anybody who raced from post 950 through 1000+. They were won by somebody who logged in to say "hi!" - either that or they were lurking.

They are a lot of fun to me in any case. I even like reading back through the ones I wasn't in.

These Skarsgaards - is it the family of Stellan Skarsgaard who was the professor in Good Will Hunting and in the Thor movies? I like him but it might nice if they let him out of that confined little box Hollywood likes to see him in.

Lany

Beautiful hair color and cut - very cute, and your eyes!!!!! :)

Mark Anthony

Your diredog makes me think of the scene in Shrek two where puss in boots disarms a group of soldiers by giving them big, tragic eyed, cute cat look. Your diredog would cute his enemies to death.

Hey Bex

I don't know what a fluidity bar is (I'm guessing it's not a place where alcoholic beverages are imbibed), but I hope it does for you what you would like it to do.

Cat

That's one of the cutest kitten pictures I've ever seen.

What is it about cats and cardboard - they just can't get enough - and we, their humans love to help them.

Helga made Friskey a little cardboard Swiss chalet a number of years ago. Somewhere in my photo archives I still have the picture (s).

We've found when we want to weigh Friskey (she had a problem keeping weight on a few years ago) put a box on the scale and zero it - she'll get in and sit.

Wally

Glad to hear you're better. When you posted that you couldn't sleep it was about 10:30 pm.When do you usually go to bed??

GMM

"Christopher Paolini" . . .that name sounds familiar, but I've no idea why. Hope you don't get flooding from all that rain.

The Winter

Nice thread. Was trying to think of something in the direwolf/dog image line to contribute to the spirit of the place, but came up empty.

Baitac

HI!

I only know you from the SS thread. Always nice to see new to me faces here.

I just did it again.

Mrs. Chicken walked in while I was typing all this (I had everything above typed already) and asked about the weather. So I clicked over to the the weather forecast from this tab instead of remembering to open a new tab (which is dumb) and when I returned the message box was blank - no sign of this message. So I clicked the "more reply options" button and at the bottom of the box that opens are the words "last auto saved 3 minutes ago". Click on that and everything to that point comes back with a button that says "restore content". Click on that and everything comes back.

Ak

Hi! Didn't mean to snub you - it's just that when I don't multipost I forget.

WEIRD DREAM ALERT!

I was on a raft with a group of other people. Suddenly someone got eaten by a shark, the raft was now covered with shelves like a shop. I was sent to get some food from one side of the shop, a girl I knew from high school threw a can of beans at me for some reason. Then the raft was not a raft anymore but an enormously wide flat surface underwater, we could all breathe fine. I saw a girl swimming over the edge at the far end of the plate (everyone else was around the other end of the surface) and decided to warn her about the shark, I saw the shark and shouted at her to get back, she did just in the nick of time. It then occurred to me that the shark could just swim above the plate, however it didn’t do this just yet.

I heard a shout from the other end of the plate, running back to it, I saw a giant squid Jelly fish hybrid (it was squatter than a squid, the body was black, the tentacles were luminous blue and of course incredibly poisonous, for an idea of the length it was roughly the length of two buses) come swimming over the lip of the plate. Then I realised there were some coming down from above the plate and going for something at the far end of the plate (which was the direction it was heading, it previously had no destination.) The shark had reappeared and one of the suiddyfish, of which there were three or four, killed it.

Along with some other guy (I got the sense I knew him at the time but he has no definable features, he might have been the first mate) swam after the squid it was vitally important we got to our destination first. If any of you have played Final Fantasy X, I realised I was a Blitzballer, if you haven’t played it have a video to sort of explain. I dodged through some of the tentacles and got ahead of the squidyfish. And went through a hole in a sheer rock wall that had appeared ahead of the plate. It led into a tunnel and was too small for the squiddyfish to follow, we swam along it until we got to a sort of water barrier that kept all the water on the other side, once we went through it we were falling a short way into a cave, it was well lit and contained a greenhouse, going in we (the man had turned into two women.) Entering the greenhouse we realised that the atmosphere had no Nitrogen and instead was comprised almost entirely of oxygen and carbon dioxide. It contained hyper evolved plants.

At this point the Squiddyfish had arrived through another entrance that was big enough to allow them in, they revealed that they were in fact a sort of submarine like craft, a bunch of henchmen came out, they’re leader was Poison Ivy (of batman fame) she did some gloating and kidnapped the other two women and took all the plants and some device that was there with the intention of terraforming earth to turn it into a giant rainforest.

I was left behind with some henchmen who were about to kill me. At this point things start getting a bit fuzzy. I think the two women who’d been kidnapped had turned out to be two of the main characters from Final Fantasy X-2 (the sequel to FFX) (Namely Paine and Yuna,) the other one (Rikku) appeared and killed the henchmen. At this point she (and maybe me, I’m not sure this all turned into a third person video game.) she proceeded to go on a series of Zelda like puzzles to save the others and then presumably save the world from Poison Ivy. I don’t know how it turned out as I woke up at this point.

Any way up until the whole greenhouse thing I thought it was pretty cool, the squiddyfish especially were awesome.

WEIRD DREAM ALERT!

*snip*

Any way up until the whole greenhouse thing I thought it was pretty cool, the squiddyfish especially were awesome.

Means only one thing.

Man, you're a secret Targ, AA, PtwP, Septa Lemore, Ashara Dayne, the three headed bear and will defeat the Ironborn by warging them into the FF-Universe. Hodor. It is known.

Diredog

Direcat1

Direcat2

Sadly, direcat2 is the only one still with us.

That's a very busy dream!

You're lucky to remember so much of it.

There was more I just can't remember it, there was reason we were on the raft, and something I had to get from the other side of the raft, and a reason things were thrown at me. Also I want to know how the saga ended.

the three headed bear and will defeat the Ironborn by warging them into the FF-Universe.

:eek: Good lord, let me just pick my jaw back up. Lets get some Mormonts on these fools! :commie:

'ello spammies :grouphug:

yes , lady O , me does chat , or did :P

Cat , actually , you can get a ww 2 tank (basically a tractor with a small caliber cannon on :P ) for less than what Irene costs :lol: and that is adorable :wub:

btw , we don't exactly have a dooms day stash under the house , (i'd say we have enough to arm maybe 12/15 people) but some of it is old and not trustworthy , our personal arms are really the stuff you want and it's not like you're gonna find everything there (no anti tank mostly small arms) side arms , rifles , SMGs , shotguns , it's not like you could arm an army from what we have , just a small group . also , i don't use Irene all that much (her ammo is expensive) it's mostly something mid range , m14 is cool but i rarely use it either , i usually use the FR F2 (good range , good punch and great weight)

Eira , i thought it'd fit you ;) but i don't really use SMGs , they're just ...there really :P on my hunts i take a rifle , a side arm (always) and a shotgun (if i run into a bear) or an elephant gun if i couldn't get a good shotgun , me sad , my hunt's been cancelled :(

the moon of my life says hi and sends Huggiez and hopes everyone's alright :grouphug:

Oh, we're about to vote a new king and/or queen of spam. But this will happen in the first new years thread (I think). What's up with Walle? Well, nothing unusual. He's got flippers and is a little big around the middle :D

I've skim read the other thread, what was up with Walrus? and what is this moot thing?.

In the new year we hold a spam-moot to elect a pair of monarchs of the spam. Zar is the current king, Ice-Crow was as well but he hasn't been in for quite a while. It's mainly symbolic, but does have some important responsibilities, keeping the spam in check, dealing with things that break the forums rules, liaising with mods etc. I'm not sure who's running this year.

Walrus, had a bit of a flip out at the end of the last thread over missing the race again. But he got over that pretty quick.

Means only one thing.

Man, you're a secret Targ, AA, PtwP, Septa Lemore, Ashara Dayne, the three headed bear and will defeat the Ironborn by warging them into the FF-Universe. Hodor. It is known.

Diredog

Direcat1

Direcat2

Sadly, direcat2 is the only one still with us.

Awwwwww, Dire babies :D :wub:

I updated my sig to shamelessly show off my family (dire babies and all).

Diredog is snoring and direcats are awake already. Probably in the window.

What to make for breakfast today?

Archived