2014 Reading Self-Challenge

Inigima

1/20 finished reading The Colour Of Magic by Terry Pratchet.

Is it just story books or does non fiction count too ( most of what I'm reading is non fiction at the moment)

I also finished reading Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman - does that count or not? It's a children's book

Aww, colour of magic is my favourite!

You can count anything you want, this is a self-challenge. I certainly count nonfiction books, I don't see why you wouldn't. As for children's books, it's up to you. I read a few YA books last year, but given that I also read some very long/dense books, I had no problem with counting them.

But I am not counting the books I read to my 1 year old nephews :cool4: .

Cheers :)

Ok, I think i will count Fortunately, the milk' but I won't count any of the picture story books I read.

So 2/20.

My first Disc World book and I loved it. Not sure why it took me so long to get around to reading them lol.

You're in for a treat. IMO it's among the weakest of the lot, with far better books to come. Interesting Times is my favorite, had me howling.

22 so far. Only 4 books in February, compared to 18 in Jan.

Read Foundation's Edge and Foundation and Earth. Disappointed with both followups but the latter was particularly bad compared to the original trilogy. I don't think I'll be reading the preludes any time soon.

Finally read The Count of Monte Cristo, loved it.

Also, Red Dragon by Thomas Harris.

You're in for a treat. IMO it's among the weakest of the lot, with far better books to come. Interesting Times is my favorite, had me howling.

I'm definitely going to read them all. I've been told you don't have to read them in order. Is that correct?

I was given another disc world book 'The Truth', I'm tempted to read it now, but at the same time I want to read them in order.

I don't know about Discworld, I tried reading the Colour of Magic a few weeks ago and couldn't get into it, at all. But eventually, I think I'll try some other books in the series that people recommend.

I loved Colour of Magic! Thought it was pretty funny. I can't wait to read the rest.

I have heard people say that there are better ones though

I'm definitely going to read them all. I've been told you don't have to read them in order. Is that correct?

It's correct, but for some plotlines (Ankh-Morpork City Watch books, most notably) it's best to read them in the order for that plotline.

Inspired by the "What's your reading speed?" thread, I've been pushing my speed and read 3 books in 10 days. Red Rising, Pines and Doctor Sleep. Now at 4/15 and hoping to keep up a good pace.

Now reading Unbroken, but finding it much slower going because almost every little detail is interesting.

New to the forum but I will post my target based on how much I have read so far.

I will target 30, having read 9 books already this year. I am starting on some P.B Ryan books right now, I have just started and the series is historical detective I believe

Archived