I Hate Babies.

Jace, Extat

There it is. I'm not proud of it, but that's the way I feel.

Babies are cute for about 30 minutes, then they're just irritating. I've known I felt this way ever since my former fiancee and I narrowly avoided going through with a plan to make one, but I never just said it. I hate babies.

I am a selfish woman, and I want to do stuff that I like. I like going to movies on a moments notice. I like buying playoff tickets hours before the game because I missed my flight and am stuck in Indy for an extra 24 hours. I like sleep (god, I love sleep). I like spending my money on myself and my boyfriend (if he deserves it). And I covet my privacy.

All that shit vs a few funny moments with a kid? Nah, I'll take the above, thanks.

No disrespect to the Mommy and Daddy crowd, but that seems horrible. :P

I'm psyching myself up to return a phonecall from my intrusive Aunt who asks me every time we speak "When are you gonna settle down?"

I'd make a horrible mom anyways.

i'm not very interested in babies, though i find some toddlers very charming and funny, i probably appreciate childrens sense of wonder and imagination more because i still completely remember it, i was such a cool kid (cool as in geeky as hell) who had the biggest imagination ever and was full of wonder and energy (dunno what happened lol) but hate is a very strong word. i don't particularly have any strong inclination to have children in the near or not so near future but i hate a lot of adults much more than i hate the occasional cry of a baby.

i do get riled up when someone asks **when** i want kids though. im fucking nineteen, give me a chance!

I hate kids too. I don't usually practice safe sex either so thank science I don't have any yet. I smoke copious amounts of weed to keep the sperm count low.

If you really hate kids, perhaps you should do your very best to avoid having them. Just sayin'.

occasionally i will meet or notice a little kid so adorable or lovely that it makes me question my overall lack of interest in one day being a mam, though. but like i say, im only young, im practically a kid myself and know that i might have completely different opinions in ten yrs time. would never say i hated kids though, such a strong and unessecary word in context.

Although I've gone back on the fence, I also find nothing appealing about babies. Whatever it is that makes people gravitate toward them and find them cute and sweet, I seem to be missing it.

I was raised in an environment where this was heresy (almost literally - I mean, this was AGAINST GOD'S PLAN FOR WOMENS). But no one has bothered me about it for years now. The only real friends I have with young children are boarders, and if I ever had a child, they'd be the ones I'd have to ask about things (hi, Mina). One of the things that gives me pause besides not having any warmth toward other people's babies is that besides the few aforementioned boarders, I've rarely met any women with young children who I enjoyed spending time with at all. But when I was a child, my mother wasn't a play group type of person and I feel like I missed out on socializing and being around children my own age when I was younger.

Despite the religious thing, I was never pressured to have children by my parents; but my mother suddenly seems freaked out that I went back on the fence. I think she is kind of upset that I would not consider children AT ALL when I was living in Virginia, but I now would consider it when I live 1500 miles away but near my fiance's family. I definitely don't try to confront that head on because it would just hurt her because it's true that isn't a coincidence.

Refusing to have children was probably 30-40% of the reason for my divorce from my first husband, At that time, I was much more of a pushover about many things, but saying that I absolutely would not have a child that I did not want was one of the best decisions in my life, all the way around.

Congratulations? Your hatred of children does not in any way impact the life of those who do have children.

But there is an expectation that women like babies, and that men eventually want to pass on their family name or bloodline or whatever. And in general society is supposed to be tolerant of - if not pleasantly amused by - children.

I actually like kids, but I don't want to have one of my own. I reflected on it and I'm not convinced I want to raise a child and I'm confident I wouldn't want to take care of a disabled child.

Guess I could find a way to cheat fate using technology but that only works at the birth stage. If the kid ends up disabled later you still have to take care of it and I'm not convinced this would be an experience I'd find fulfilling.

What if you could conceive the child in an aritificial womb, and what if you modify your childs genetics (pre birth) to get the desriable traits you want ? And what if you had a nanny-droid that could deal with all the dirty work involved in raising a child ?

Somehow the tone of your post fits your avatar.

And her user title.

As for babies: they're like religion. You either like them or you don't but trying to discuss why you should like or dislike them depends on how much you already like 'em. You get the same arguments, the same appeals to some transcendent imperative or feeling that really only matter to the believers.

Personally not a fan of the idea of dealing with them on anything approaching a permanent basis and I don't feel particularly bad about this.Things may change but that's the general opinion in Castelville right now. Babies are cute when they belong to someone else and you see them for three minutes. After that...no.

What if you could conceive the child in an aritificial womb, and what if you modify your childs genetics (pre birth) to get the desriable traits you want ? And what if you had a nanny-droid that could deal with all the dirty work involved in raising a child ?

How much of the dirty work? Because at some point you might as well not have one.

I am happily medically sterilized.

Children have no place or worth in my life or in my world... at least my own.

Nieces and nephews are fine.

Babies are gross. I have never looked upon one and felt anything even resembling a positive life affirming twinge.

More power to those who have them. Just do your best to see they don't grow up to be assholes.

I think having a kid requires a person to make some sacrifices on their part. I'm amazed so many parents can do it, especially in the face of major adversity.

So many things can happen to a child, and given that even a genetically, Dr. Bashir-like modified child, isn't something I'm sure I'm willing to raise these technological bonuses don't shift my opinion.

Whatever amout of work you want the nanny/robot/maester to do.

Well..then no. Either it does too much work at which point I never needed wanted a baby, or it does too little in which case I have to deal with some of the issues I was hoping to avoid. And then there are the financial (and emotional) concerns.

The idea of pregnancy doesn't bother me. I'd be theoretically willing to be a surrogate for someone I really cared about. My ideal but unrealistic fantasy would be pregnancy, then someone else raising the child for 3 years, then getting it back.

If I had a child, I'd definitely consider having a human nanny. In reality, if I had a baby tomorrow, my future in-laws would do tons and tons of work and babysitting and diaper changing and errand running. They keep assuring me of this.

Archived