The Tourney at Ashford and Sansa's suitors

Garlan Marius

Do we think Harry will die defending Sansa in a trial by combat on the charge of regicide?

I'm fairly certain the marriage won't go forward. If Sansa shows up looking like Sansa, and wearing a Stark maiden cape, the whole show stops. We might even get Harry claiming he's not worthy of wedding Lord Stark's daughter. Even if they agree to keep being engaged, I don't think they get married then and there. And I think LF knows about Aegon and plans to marry Sansa to him, then bump him off and marry her himself, taking over as regent for her child and thereby ruling from the IT. Not that I think it will happen, just what I think he's planning.

• 1 month later...

With the possible betrothal between Sansa and Aegon we have to keep in mind that Aegon is pawn of Varys and how is Littlefinger capable of sealing a betrothal between Sansa and Aegon when Varys probably wouldn't ally himself with Littlefinger. Now I think it will go down as this: Sansa kills Littlefinger and takes a position of power in the Vale and thus reveals herself to the Vale lords, Varys hears from his little birds that Sansa is in the Vale and tries to scheme by making Sansa a bride to Aegon, but Sansa - who already killed Littlefinger because of his idea of killing her cousin and trading her as if she is a horse - will refuse it and therefore fulfill the foreshadowing to the tourney at Ashford.

With the possible betrothal between Sansa and Aegon we have to keep in mind that Aegon is pawn of Varys and how is Littlefinger capable of sealing a betrothal between Sansa and Aegon when Varys probably wouldn't ally himself with Littlefinger. Now I think it will go down as this: Sansa kills Littlefinger and takes a position of power in the Vale and thus reveals herself to the Vale lords, Varys hears from his little birds that Sansa is in the Vale and tries to scheme by making Sansa a bride to Aegon, but Sansa - who already killed Littlefinger because of his idea of killing her cousin and trading her as if she is a horse - will refuse it and therefore fulfill the foreshadowing to the tourney at Ashford.

I think you nailed it there.

I can see this happening, credit to the person who came up with it. I think it will be a Sansa-Aegon match, but it won't actually happen. I find the idea of Jon and Sansa quite creepy. I don't think it will be accepted by the North either, not just because they would still be cousins, but they actually grew up as brother and sister.

Theon is called kinslayer by the Northern lords and their men because he grew up with the Stark boys, so I can't see a Jon-Sansa union being accepted.

So maybe a Sansa-Aegon betrothal for political reason, but I think the real bond will be between Sansa and Sandor, not necessarily romantic, but he will protect her instead of Lady.

Doesn't this work just as well for Margery's husbands potentially? I mean she has a legit Barathon and two Lannisters. Her constant champion Loras is a Tyrell, and there is reasonable speculation she might end up with Jon or Aegon.

But then she might die first.

I can see this happening, credit to the person who came up with it. I think it will be a Sansa-Aegon match, but it won't actually happen. I find the idea of Jon and Sansa quite creepy. I don't think it will be accepted by the North either, not just because they would still be cousins, but they actually grew up as brother and sister.

Theon is called kinslayer by the Northern lords and their men because he grew up with the Stark boys, so I can't see a Jon-Sansa union being accepted.

So maybe a Sansa-Aegon betrothal for political reason, but I think the real bond will be between Sansa and Sandor, not necessarily romantic, but he will protect her instead of Lady.

I think Theon is called kinslayer at Winterfell because the Millers boys or at least the youngest was his own son.

just a point.

Well as some have pointed out, there was talk of marrying Sansa to SR, and there was no "Arryn" at Ashford...though, the SR engagement was always the least likely, and perhaps not credible enough to count. Also, Harry the Heir, is part Arryn by blood anyway...and of course these 'suitors' might just be symbolizing different dynasties/families/regions that are trying to *claim* Sansa.

Or maybe the other 5 are moving through her life, while SR is a permanent ally. I mean if you believe the whole Rober Dudley business.

I think Theon is called kinslayer at Winterfell because the Millers boys or at least the youngest was his own son.

just a point.

Alright. I remember the references to him bedding the miller's wife, but I don't remember exactly who calls him kinslayer, is it people that would know about the boys not being Bran and Rickon? I'm not convinced, could someone point me to a thread about this?

Alright. I remember the references to him bedding the miller's wife, but I don't remember exactly who calls him kinslayer, is it people that would know about the boys not being Bran and Rickon? I'm not convinced, could someone point me to a thread about this?

No one can answer that because no one knows who the hooded man of Winterfell is

Better yet, I can point you to a +300k word compilation of essays in which this whole idea was brought up: http://branvras.free.fr/HuisClos/Contents.html

(not that I agree with it)

damn. that makes so much sense. 5 marriages/engagements and 5 plots that fell apart. i think she'll definitely get involved with aegon and it will fall apart one way or another. maybe she will decide against it and will do something to get herself out of it. i like that idea a lot.

does anyone think that this might be too obvious foreshadowing? it seems really plain and upfront. 13 year old maiden, 5 champions. same names as sansa's suiters. it seems almost too easy to figure out.

Archived