Fantasy Baseball 2014

Whiskeyjack

Well, don't flatter yourself... FTR I try choosing my players according to my roster needs, not yours. I'm not taking jabs at teams with 3 closers. Next time try to think more carefully about what you're going to say.

Isn't the whole point of having 3 RP spots to have three closers? Granted, one of mine is hurt right now. But still...

Hehe yea.

You aren't the one with THREE catchers.

Nope, but I have two and it was right after I was talking about your closer strategy as I have 5. Just didn't know who you were talking to is all.

Well, don't flatter yourself... FTR I try choosing my players according to my roster needs, not yours.

Doubt anything you like, but only a fool thinks I said anything other than what I meant to say.

Yes, your roster needs three catchers. One-third of your bench is devoted to a position where the options on waivers are only slightly weaker than those you carry. But I'm sure that'll work out for you.

And I fully expect you to run out immediately and take my advice and drop those superfluous catchers. Or mayhaps I expect you to stubbornly hold on to them because some dorkface on the internet told you not to and by gum you'll prove him wrong.

Heck, maybe even I don't know which course of action I prefer you take.

But I do hope you are so annoyed that you do something stupid, whether that is dump them or keep them.

Bronn - not sure why you're overreacting so much. Zar is a first time player. If you think he's making a mistake in having 3 catchers on his roster, would be cool if you explained that as friendly, helpful advice, rather than lashing out with snark.

Comment to everyone in general - lets chill and just have fun.

First trade of the year.

I get Sal Perez

Jaime gets Dan Haren

I needed to upgrade my catcher after the Ramos injury. Miguel Montero's 1 for 16 in my lineup wasn't cutting it. And Jaime wanted to improve his K/BB. Hopefully a small deal that can help us both.

The wheeling and dealing Toreadors continue their trade frenzy:

I get Matt Wieters

Mexal gets Tyler Skaggs

Needed a halfway respectable catcher after trading Sal Perez and I like Skaggs stuff and upside but felt safer with a proven K/BB guy like Haren (from the previous trade). Anyone got some nickels they want to exchange, Riverrun's the place to do it.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. All 3 of us were talking to each other, and I probably could have done Paxton for Wieters, but wanted Perez instead (because I needed help in AVG), so I paid the higher price.

I'll now be weighing how Wieters/Haren compares to Perez/Paxton the rest of the year.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. All 3 of us were talking to each other, and I probably could have done Paxton for Wieters, but wanted Perez instead (because I needed help in AVG), so I paid the higher price.

I'll now be weighing how Wieters/Haren compares to Perez/Paxton the rest of the year.

Yeah, believe me, I'm gonna continue closely following what Perez and Skaggs do the rest of the year.

Yeah, believe me, I'm gonna continue closely following what Perez and Skaggs do the rest of the year.

Same with me and Paxton/Wieters. Just not really sure how this will all play out since all the players are more based on upside except Haren. Everything I've read on Skaggs is encouraging (lengthening the stride, improving the velocity, improving the FB command) but that doesn't mean it'll be reality.

Archived