Second Game of Thrones Trailer Premieres

Westeros

Ignoring all the points that have been made a million times about the practicality of Brienne being burned, the nonsenical diversion from the books

It's not Brienne.

Can you for once not just bash against me, but look at the trailer at that point? Only look and don't just rely on some logic. I did not say she is burning. That I cannot clearly see. I hear her scream and I see her on a pole.

And they had quite a lot plots changed from the book.

Can you for once not just bash against me, but look at the trailer at that point? Only look and don't just rely on some logic. I did not say she is burning. That I cannot clearly see. I hear her scream and I see her on a pole.

The woman has grey hair. How can it possibly be Brienne?

I'm not sure what about that clip would make anyone think it is Brienne. The woman in that clip looks as much like Cersei, or Arya, or Daenerys, as she does Brienne...which is to say, not at all...

My guess is its one of those wives of Craster (who have been cast with names unknown from the books) being offered up in fire... Since the picture seems to have nothing to do with plotlines as we know them, it must have to do with plotlines particular to the show... i.e. the return to Crasters. Just a guess.

:bang:

Ignoring all the points that have been made a million times about the practicality of Brienne being burned, the nonsenical diversion from the books and the fact we can clearly see this woman is not Brienne - why would they spoil what would have been the death of a fairly major character in a trailer? Especially considering how secretive the show runners are with the slightest spoilers. "Boy" and the mysterious role of Joseph Gatt spring to mind.

It's not Brienne.

Agreed, it's definitely not Brienne. Doesn't look at all like her in high def. And like you said, not only why on earth would she be sucked into another story like that, but why on earth would they show that in a trailer.

The burning woman IMO is some septa. It makes sense considering how Stannis is portrayed as a religious nutjob by D&D. I'll be happy if she is a traitor which would be in the line of the books.

I really hope D&D don't continue to make portray Stannis poorly. I hated the way they depicted the Gendry stuff. He should have been more torn about it.

Stan the Man, didn't someone already post the inside episode 3.08 Second Sons interviews where D and D plainly said that Stannis isn't a fanatic? Stannis says in ep. 3.10 that blood magic is a means for him not an end. The whole business about him burning people isn't because they offend him by not believing but because he thinks it will have some utility. He's not like show Matthos, starry-eyed and frothing at the mouth for R'hollor, his decisions are practical. Melisandre is a fanatic but she has real power, so appeasing her isn't exactly a bad idea for him. He saw what leaving her behind before Blackwater resulted in, now he gives her more leeway. Even if he is burning "innocents" here, it will be for favourable winds, something that actually works when the Red Priests do it. I don't know anyone who thinks that show Stannis is a religious nutjob, I've only heard that from internet StanStans. Between Renly characterizing him as not "a godly man", to him saying "I never believed", I just don't see why you'd think this about show Stannis.

Obviously they've made some changes that are fair game to quibble over but saying it that way is a tad hyperbolic.

^ Obviously you haven't been through enough internet when a make this claim for your defence of D&D that Stannis ISN'T seen as a nutjob by Unsullied. Go anywhere except this forum and start a discussion about Stannis and guess what will come up.

Stan the Man, didn't someone already post the inside episode 3.08 Second Sons interviews where D and D plainly said that Stannis isn't a fanatic? Stannis says in ep. 3.10 that blood magic is a means for him not an end. The whole business about him burning people isn't because they offend him by not believing but because he thinks it will have some utility.

No just no. They say that in Ep 8 and make that ridiculous episode 10 moment where he listens to RED PRIESTESS OF R'HLLOR and not Davos which goes against that statement. Doesn't it?

Here's a thought - what if Tyrion doesn't strangle Shea with a chain she may or may not have picked up in season 3, but makes her the first victim of the crossbow? A clear allusion to Joffrey's atrocity with Ros, in other words. D&D always used Ros as a parallel to Shae's journey. If show Tyrion did shoot her, that would go a long way to take all the shine off him.

Then again, that might siphon the power off of Tywin's death.

How pissed will some of you be if he doesn't even kill Shae?

Or even better, Tyrion confronts Tywin about her, and he says he had her killed, and that makes him kill him. Ohh I can see it now, and it's glorious.

I'm fairly certain at this point that it's basically going down just like the book, especially after the shot of Shae in this trailer we're discussing. My only interests in it are the story I've enjoyed reading, of course, and the ongoing discussion of how that story is adapted. I don't have any other emotions invested in it beyond that. You might look into that.

Completely forgot their crowns !! Renly's ftw. Never seen such creativity. a stag's antlers forged into a crown. and Roberts. Waiting for Daenerys'

I love the way they've done Margaery's crown, with the buds coming off it and the roses around the inside. You can see it at the 5 minute mark on the foreshadowing video. The sets, props and costumes never cease to amaze me with how detailed they are.

EDIT: Here's the picture of Natalie Dormer wearing the crown.

I love the way they've done Margaery's crown, with the buds coming off it and the roses around the inside. You can see it at the 5 minute mark on the foreshadowing video. The sets, props and costumes never cease to amaze me with how detailed they are.

EDIT: Here's the picture of Natalie Dormer wearing the crown.

I still wish there's more color/gems on it.. It's too simple for a Tyrell. I love her wedding gown though, with the thorn details.

The whole business about him burning people isn't because they offend him by not believing but because he thinks it will have some utility.

In the books, yeah, but show-Stannis has already burned innocents for the crime of speaking against Melisandre and not any judicial/practical reason, so expecting him to do so again isn't out of the question. In this case it would also happen to be another adaption that worsens Stannis, given his reasons for burning Alester would be far more understandable than 'Septa #11 refused to obey Melisandre'.

I'm holding out for them actually committing a serious crime more in line with what Alester did, but I wouldn't be shocked if it was 'infidels' again.

Archived